Keeper Lg. 2015 Off Season List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to 'buy' what people think about it being a 'once in a generation' thing, but the fact is - well, it pretty much is. Shannon Motlop in the 2005 preseason is the only other time that comes to mind, and now this in the 2016 preseason.

I really don't understand your position to be honest, it sounds quite petty to me, so maybe I am missing something?

I would just automatically reinstate all top ups who have been delisted this off-season and let the coaches decide whether they keep or delist again, and treat the original delisting like an uneven trade - and 'veto' it - given the circumstance.

It would be different if the trade/delisting deadline had passed, but it hasn't. In reality, it is no different than if you and I did a trade and than mutually decided that we didn't like it, so we reversed it, or that we organised a trade and it was vetoed.

I don't think we need to look at what happens in the AFL for guidance on anything we do, as we do so many things different it is really not comparable. However, Fraser Gehrig is an interesting example for us. He retired and 'came back' the same off-season, and Saint's had to re-draft him like you are saying should happen here. The BIG difference is that Gehrig made his decision AFTER the AFL list deadline, while our deadline is still yet to be announced.

When Ablett retired and came back to Geelong in 1991 Geelong didn't have to redraft him, as he was still on their official list - likewise, go to Ultimate Footy and see where Stokes, Kelly, Jamar etc. 'officially' are.

Regardless of all that, it simple comes down to having a generous spirit about this issue. The league manager could have taken the hard line and said 'bad luck' regarding this issue, and it would have been 'within the rules' to do so, but I am glad that Unknown Caller made the decision he did :)

My ultimate point is that if a player is delisted, that should be the end of them being on a list. I said that already, and that's where I think it should be consistent no matter what time of the year, whether in-season or off-season. The coach loses the right to the player no matter what because they've forfeited their ownership of the player.

That's what I'm saying.

youre comparing apples with oranges here. different set of circumstances conducted offline. we can just delete posts and there is no evidence of delistings.

either way my post actually states that my delistings are based on squads being final. it turns out they wernt.

rules are made, then thigs come up outside of the rules and temporary rules are enforce. they dont have to be consistent, just ask the afl lol.

either way with pick 19 being given as compo for a delised ruck, and then my claim blocked for no good reason there is no way im not having stokes back.

Im not having a crack lol. Even though it deserves one :) but ill refuse to lose a player when picks were given for someone who doesnt exist The point is sometimes new rules are needed for situations and its not going to always be consistent. And i was just pointing out when I delisted stokes I actually made a point of saying are all squads final "if so i delist" so im covered if we head to the Supreme Court over this.

Would have been alot better if port got redden back as compo lol

Last edited:
Also I have picks 1,8,10,12,24,25,26,27,33,41,47

Looking to upgrade some picks lower than 33 happy to give away picks 33, 41 and 47 for said upgrade.

Free picks really not looking for massive upgrades

Bugger, another ACL for me. 2014 AFL draft pick #7 Paul Ahern out for the year.

Still not sure why i shouldn't get a mini-draft pick for him, if the Essendon druggies qualify for one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The trade for me is that I think the few players that interest me will be gone at 14. I also have a shortlist of about 30 meaning I wont miss out. A few players will be interesting this year.
I always love having multiple picks close together, it is a nice feeling regardless of where in the draft they fall. Three picks back to back in the 20's will be awesome in this draft I reckon

As is tradition, Rockford and I have made a trade.

Raiders get - Pick 3 + O.McDonald

LWP gets - L.Taylor, B.AhChee and N.Hrovat

Ive been hanging on to pick 3 for a while now and Rock has been pitching Taylor in a swap for about 2 months.

Taylor himself is getting roughly 20 touches, 3 marks, 3 tackles and a goal a game which would be a solid haul for a second year player with pick 3. The worry for me was his top end potential.

Thats where Hrovat and AhChee come in.

Both are fringe 22 but both have shown themselves capable of being very good fantasy performers.

Im hopeful that AhChee will hold his spot in the abscence of Gus Monfries and while I dont see Hrovat getting a game at the Dogs any time soon, I cant help but feel like a change of clubs could see him shine.

Rock will sit back and weigh up the options at pick 3 (not as easy as it seems) and he wanted OMac last year but didnt have the FA pick to get him before I could.

From here I think ill be pretty quiet again. Ive got one more deal slowly developing but other than that Ill cut a couple players, make a couple of picks and hope I can take another step forward on this long rebuild.

Trade Alert

Geelong West Sparrows Receive

16, 17

Tuttys Tributes receive

12, 25, 41 and 45
Jordie_tackles to confirm
Confirmed,

Consolidated my picks from mid 20's to mid teens.

Tutty really moves up and down which is close to fair on its own, but gets the picks in the 40's that he will use and gives him a shot at adding a smokey which may work out!

Good trades by all I think.

Maybe smart maybe not, just lets me get an earlier selection but losing out on my bulk of picks slightly.

Still end up with :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back