Luke Beveridge - You're an Idiot

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beveridge, another essendon mouth piece. What would he know? Has he ever been in a team environment, or coached an AFL team?

Takes one to know one hey Mxett?;)

So according to Beveridge the player has no responsibility in what is administered into their body from dozens of injections given to them off club premises without the club doctors consent?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!:confused::cool:

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/western-...ce-of-essendon-34-on-3aw-20160211-gmrwtr.html

The whole AFL is a boys club with a bubble mentality.

This quote for me sums up the ametuer mindset that still permeates through the AFL ranks.

"Anybody who steps out of line or is a boat rocker probably doesn't last that long," he said.

"The Essendon players have been treated like a European cycling team who should know better.

"Well, no, they shouldn't know better because they had no grounding to work from."

I cannot fathom this.

At the AFL induction camp, EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ATTENDS upon being drafted into the AFL system, they are given a thorough run down on the AFL playing rules, the WADA code and the responsibility of each and every player.

The players are told that they can be prosecuted with no positive tests, that the intent to gain competitive advantage is evidence enough to cop a doping infraction.

This statement, to me, proves that even still within the coaches ranks of the AFL the Anti-Doping message isn't getting through.

I think Luke's statement reflects the mainstream view across the AFL industry. And that's the problem - the AFL culture has to change, but no one seems to have the balls to take it forward.

Players blindly receiving injections is incompatible with the AFL Doping Code. It's no big secret that the players themselves bear the legal responsibility for being injected with PEDs rather than the club. So while its true that in the current AFL culture, players are put in a bad position and labelled troublemakers when they ask too many questions, the need for this to change should be the major lesson from this saga. Gil and the AFLPA should be singing it from the rooftops, rather than trying to madly sweep it all under the carpet. Otherwise we'll be looking at a very similar scandal at another club sooner or later.

Last edited:
Made a dick out of himself. Him and Gordon should just stfu. Just because they are salty because Stewart is gone, no need for s**t useless comments

LOL, Both Gordon and Beveridge should STFU to appease the likes of you :thumbsu:

They are not allowed to voice their opinions ?.

So the European cycling teams should know better, but our Bombers are good honest blokes that you'd love to have a beer with and couldn't possibly be expected to know what goes into their good, honest, guide dog training, red-cross donating bodies?

I don't think he said that or anything like that, but nice of you to put the myopic, narrow minded, Essendon hate HTB spin on it.

Beveridge, another essendon mouth piece. What would he know? Has he ever been in a team environment, or coached an AFL team?

Why did you try to be "clever" going down this path. Come on, you know better than that in this case.

You know the anti-doping code well by know and you'd know he's wrong. The "team environment" or "coaching an AFL team" aspect has nothing to do with knowing and understanding the anti-doping code, strict liability and making sure those protocol are followed. For an AFL coach not to understand that says plenty about the coach in this case at least.

He lost his key forward so he is talking out personal interest and probably listening to his President's dribble too much.

Interesting to see other teams get behind the Bombers. Pretty clear the whole league is doped to the eyeballs and genuinely shocked one of their own has been caught.

Sad to say it, but that's 100% my feelings.

Eddie's silence on the matter is deafening.

Cola. BAD
Academies. BAD
Day Grand final. BAD
Dick pics. BAD
Confirmed drug cheats. Poor little fella's

Another doping excuser with an axe to grind.

Any chance of players and coaches not directly affected by the bans airing their opinions?

There was our ex-CEO (and now Brisbane CEO), Greg Swann, who said "Essendon cheated, didn't they" a couple of years ago. Essendon threatened action but surprise, surprise, they didn't follow through.

There was our ex-CEO (and now Brisbane CEO), Greg Swann, who said "Essendon cheated, didn't they" a couple of years ago. Essendon threatened action but surprise, surprise, they didn't follow through.

Ryan O'Keefe had a bit to say a while back. Have to wonder whether the AFLPA actively discourages it.

Neil Balme, Luke Beverage, Drew Petrie, Peter Gordon...

Complete and utter Muppets. Get some perspective you insular, boys club ****s

Respected football identities with an opinion that differs from the standard myopic HTB poster does not mean they are muppets.

In fact if was not for Peter Gordon some posters on here would not have a club to barrack for and therefore could not sling dirt cheap insults at him, all he did was save the club from oblivion in 1989.

Would he be the biggest muppet ?.

Sad to say it, but that's 100% my feelings.

Eddie's silence on the matter is deafening.

Cola. BAD
Academies. BAD
Day Grand final. BAD
Dick pics. BAD
Confirmed drug cheats. Poor little fella's
Oh, I just have to steal this! (Can I?) Belongs on the twitter'sphere!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Respected football identities with an opinion that differs from the standard myopic HTB poster does not mean they are muppets.

In fact if was not for Peter Gordon some posters on here would not have a club to barrack for and therefore could not sling dirt cheap insults at him, all he did was save the club from oblivion in 1989.

Would he be the biggest muppet ?.

No Balmey is definitely the bigger Muppet if we are talking sheer girth, which I'm pretty certain we are - but Gordo is definitely 'gaining' on him!

They have no grounding to work from?

Is he saying that we've paid scant regard to doping up to now and this case is effectively the grounding, like a warning shot ... oh s**t they're serious about this stuff. Essendon deserve a do over because they didn't realise this could actually happen. Next team that does it though ... big trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back