Preview Intra Club Friday 12 February at Henson Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Marrickville's Henson Park will once again be the venue for our first competitive four-quarter match of the summer this Friday after hosting the intra club last year.

First bounce will be at 5pm and the game should finish by 7:30pm. Entry is free and fans are encouraged to use public transport given very limited street parking around Henson.

Most interest will be centred around Buddy's return and how much game time he gets but it will also be an opportunity for several players to push for NAB Challenge selection.

Post your thoughts here, if anyone here is thinking of going, any photos & updates would be appreciated (can't expect grimlock to do all the work!). Also use the hashtag #swansintra if posting to Twitter.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-01-27/gates-open-for-swansintra

Marrickville's Henson Park will once again be the venue for our first competitive four-quarter match of the summer this Friday after hosting the intra club last year.

First bounce will be at 5pm and the game should finish by 7:30pm. Entry is free and fans are encouraged to use public transport given very limited street parking around Henson.

Most interest will be centred around Buddy's return and how much game time he gets but it will also be an opportunity for several players to push for NAB Challenge selection.

Post your thoughts here, if anyone here is thinking of going, any photos & updates would be appreciated (can't expect grimlock to do all the work!). Also use the hashtag #swansintra if posting to Twitter.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-01-27/gates-open-for-swansintra
Heard it here first, put your house on it. First swans win for the season. You can thank me later.

I'm interested to see who plays on buddy/tippett..... Curious how Talia will go if given the shot.

To a lesser extent Reid & Sinclair but the above 2 will show more of a backline.

Also interested in Rohans role and the running half backs..

Hope I can finish work Early

I know I'm not a Swans man, but I'm desperate for footy and live just around the corner, so will head down to watch.

Would be really interested to hear you give some form of report if you're interested? Always good to hear an unbiased view on these types of things.

I know I'm not a Swans man, but I'm desperate for footy and live just around the corner, so will head down to watch.
Good on you Sultan, you'll be able to see what a premiership side looks like :)

Think you guys will be playing finals this year as well.

I'm hoping there are a few BF'ers there to fully inform us what goes on.

I'll give it a crack. If they aren't best 22, I might struggle to recognise them. Hopefully they wear numbers...

Just don't say the "blonde kid". That pretty much covers our Aryan midfield en masse

I'll give it a crack. If they aren't best 22, I might struggle to recognise them. Hopefully they wear numbers...
Yes they will be wearing numbers. Watch out for our new Irish recruit who has surprised everyone with his progress. I expect him to be influential on the day, he wears number 23 ;-)

Well every club has a recruitment policy. Our policy is drafting midfielders that Hitler would have liked :p
I disagree, the Germans were known for their high efficiency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be there. Probably bring my DSLR again and take some snaps.
Always one of the highlights of off season for me Jeffers. Generally the first real glimpse I get of the playing group for the year & you usually do a really thourough job at a good standard so I'm looking fwd to it as always mate. :thumbsu:

Teams for tonight named. http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-02-12/swansintra-teams-finalised

Team Red looks much, much stronger to the point of it being a seniors v ressies game. Very interesting that Newman, O'Riordan and the Spartan Leonardis are in this team.

#TeamRed

5. Isaac Heeney
6. Tom Mitchell
7. Harry Cunningham
8. Kurt Tippett
12. Josh Kennedy
15. Kieren Jack
18. Callum Sinclair
20. Sam Reid
22. Dean Towers
23. Lance Franklin
26. Luke Parker
28. Nic Newman
30. Tyrone Leonardis
32. Michael Talia
38. Colin O’Riordan
42. Xavier Richards
44. Jake Lloyd
53. Ryan Hebron*

#TeamWhite
1. James Rose
5. Callum Mills
9. Abe Davis
13. Toby Nankervis
17. Jack Hiscox
19. Tom Derickx
24. Dane Rampe
27. Dan Robinson
29. George Hewett
31. Harry Marsh
33. Brandon Jack
34. Jordan Dawson
35. Jake Veale*
36. Aliir Aliir
39. Heath Grundy
40. Nick Smith
41. Tom Papley
47. Kyle Galloway

Team Red is going to kill it. Also why is Talia and X.Richards both on the same team as our key forwards? Shouldn't they be on team white to give them the chance to show what they can do against tough opposition?

Team Red is going to kill it. Also why is Talia and X.Richards both on the same team as our key forwards? Shouldn't they be on team white to give them the chance to show what they can do against tough opposition?
Franklin and Tippett would take Richards and Talia apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back