What should've happened was to split the KPP
White - Red
Tippett - Sinclar
Franklin - Reid
Richards - Talia
Laidler - Grundy
Smith - Rampe

In some fashion like that.
Agreed. There must be some rhyme behind the reason (or however the saying goes) however. Maybe they want to put a little more pressure on some of the fringe players to see how they go.

In terms of the game. I thought it was a much less scrappy affair than last years offering (in similar perfect weather).

My quick points
  • Really enjoyed the work of Mitchell in the centre. Looks like he can take his game to another level if he's injury free.
  • Sinclair will win alot of people over with his second efforts and competitveness
  • Nankervis really does some nice things, deft touches and strong marks but he's so god damn slow which will hinder him taking the next step on our team. I hope he proves me wrong.
  • Mills first touch was definitely note worthy. Showed off fancy footwork, evasiveness and awareness all in the one sequence when he dodged 4 opposition players after the first bounce.
  • Heeney looked exciting as always.
  • Aliir battled well with Buddy (who was really rusty IMO, but expected). Won a couple of contested marks on him too IIRC. Seemed alot more composed and agressive getting the ball out of defense however he still has a long way to go i think.
  • X Richards looks to have bulked up more but again is still plagued with his horrendous skills.
  • Rose looked lively and really wants to give Towers a huge run for the vacant (and i guess irreplaceable) Forward hole left by the great one.
  • O'Riordan looks to have good foot skills already so it's now all about harnessing it in the ressies and build his confidence. Definitely a HBF for the future.

People say he was the greatest player never to play the game, and that Longmire literally got on his knees and begged number 46 to stay. I don't know if that is true but if you ask me, I say he had another calling, and that the pull of the wild, the desire for exploration, was too strong. He was a rebel number 46, and he just could not be tied down to a club.
Haha. He will only return at a time of desperation when his number 46 is displayed in the sky over Gotham.

In terms of the game. I thought it was a much less scrappy affair than last years offering (in similar perfect weather).

My quick points
  • Really enjoyed the work of Mitchell in the centre. Looks like he can take his game to another level if he's injury free.
  • Sinclair will win alot of people over with his second efforts and competitveness
  • Nankervis really does some nice things, deft touches and strong marks but he's so god damn slow which will hinder him taking the next step on our team. I hope he proves me wrong.
  • Mills first touch was definitely note worthy. Showed off fancy footwork, evasiveness and awareness all in the one sequence when he dodged 4 opposition players after the first bounce.
  • Heeney looked exciting as always.
  • Aliir battled well with Buddy (who was really rusty IMO, but expected). Won a couple of contested marks on him too IIRC. Seemed alot more composed and agressive getting the ball out of defense however he still has a long way to go i think.
  • X Richards looks to have bulked up more but again is still plagued with his horrendous skills.
  • Rose looked lively and really wants to give Towers a huge run for the vacant (and i guess irreplaceable) Forward hole left by the great one.
  • O'Riordan looks to have good foot skills already so it's now all about harnessing it in the ressies and build his confidence. Definitely a HBF for the future.
Great work jeffers. The photos are really appreciated.

Some of my quick observations from the photos:

-mills is built for senior footy in round 1

-xr now has the size to be a kpd at afl level, now has to improve his game

-tippett has a god like physique (just an observation)

-allir also has put on some kgs. Did not look to our of place against buddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allir had a good match. Hewett looks the goods, his kicking is somewhat lacking though. Mitchell looks really good as does Mills and Parker. Sinclair didn't do a heap but is definitely an upgrade on Pyke. Heeney was strong in the air. Buddy played a really good match I thought. Played everywhere and still could of ended up with 5. Think they're setting Newman up for a back pocket spot, one kick he did which was pretty much the last of the game gave me a semi.
Kicking overall is still an issue though, especially as they got tired, however it was pretty windy so I'll let them off the hook.
Quiet a positive afternoon, the intensity was way up and there seems to be a lot to build on.

Agree with most of what you said here.
Didn't get a semi.... but that Newman kick late was close to the best on the day lol
Heeney has moved into the top 3 of my "favourite swan leaderboard". Sky is the limit for this kid!
Buddy, Tom and Luke were probably the standouts of the other established players. Of last years fringe players, for mine, robbo was my best. Rose and Nanka made good contributions, while Brandon was better than Towers. Jack Hiscox also made an impression with his pace and Davis tried hard without luck.

Of the newbs.... I thought Leonardis stood out. Had quite a positive impact. Young papley made the mistake of trying to tackle the Bud early on and came off second best.... basically unsighted after that.

Hopefully the conditions and format were to blame, but some of the ball use made last years look good.

Don't like to put the boot into our own but..... Tom Derrickx *shakes head*

Agree with most of what you said here.
Didn't get a semi.... but that Newman kick late was close to the best on the day lol
Heeney has moved into the top 3 of my "favourite swan leaderboard". Sky is the limit for this kid!
Buddy, Tom and Luke were probably the standouts of the other established players. Of last years fringe players, for mine, robbo was my best. Rose and Nanka made good contributions, while Brandon was better than Towers. Jack Hiscox also made an impression with his pace and Davis tried hard without luck.

Of the newbs.... I thought Leonardis stood out. Had quite a positive impact. Young papley made the mistake of trying to tackle the Bud early on and came off second best.... basically unsighted after that.

Hopefully the conditions and format were to blame, but some of the ball use made last years look good.

Don't like to put the boot into our own but..... Tom Derrickx *shakes head*

My top 3 leaderboard

Bud
Heeney
Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back