Autopsy Round 2 = St Kilda 94-79 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Mason Cox gets mauled every week. It’s as though the umps have decided that the usual infringement rules don’t apply to him just coz he’s so big.

I’ve felt for years that the club should compile a video of all the frees not paid to Mason and send it to AFL Operations boss with a Please Explain.

Imagine if Cox was umpired same way as Charlie Curnow. He’d kick 50+ goals per season!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This season is done. St Kilda were doing their best to lose that and we still got done. It'll take to long for our older boys to work into this season. We managed to squeeze the last of the list right at the end last year.

Shame we wasted a pick on Schultz but it was worth a gamble. Hopefully we can trade in some youth soon.

Positives:
  • Reef can play and should never be dropped again
  • Fin looked more hungry than most his peers in the 2min 15secs he played
  • Billy can actually defend

Looks like our grandpa brigade spent what little gas they had left in the tank on grand final day. Play some kids and get JFN in for goodness sake.

you’d trade your black soul for pingers and Eurotrash

don’t go judging Wrighty

Spent the last 30 seconds trying to come up with a convincingly sanctimonious response to this.

Came up empty.

Another night of costly Clanger turnovers that in the end cost us the game , our Captain Moore is so jittery atm by hand & foot, Degoey can’t influence the game at all & giving us nothing in the centre , so many players seem off . Saints hit up targets in their fwd line & more often than not we continue to just dump kick it into ours & watch it rebound straight out, we are so frustrating to watch atm, but hey, its only zip & 3 ! 😛

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the ARC was first in they were supposed to review every goal and if it was suspect then they’d intervene.

Has that rule been changed? Or was tonight’s game AFL endorsed corruption?
You’d think a professional comp would have adjusted the rules after Cameron received a handball while out of bounds. The best time to make that change was the following week, the next best time was during the offseason. Neither occurred.

Loved them for a long time, but Howe, sidey and pendles are struggling. Mitchell and Cox as well.
He has been great so far, but will be interesting to see how mcrae handles some tough decisions coming up.
Cox was ok. Standard Cox game, but yeah the oldies are looking old.

How about some skill training.

Hard to tell whatever game plan we are trying to do when we fumble and miss endless handballs.

When you aren’t going well can we go back to a bit more man on man. So much guarding of space and ignoring the opponent who is 5-10m on his own.

Mason Cox gets mauled every week. It’s as though the umps have decided that the usual infringement rules don’t apply to him just coz he’s so big.

I’ve felt for years that the club should compile a video of all the frees not paid to Mason and send it to AFL Operations boss with a Please Explain.

Imagine if Cox was umpired same way as Charlie Curnow. He’d kick 50+ goals per season!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I agree. Cox is deligitimised by the umpires (ie the rules no longer apply if he is involved). For reasons as yet unclear, Curnow gets more soft free kicks on a regular basis than virtually any other AFL player.

I think Pendles and Howe should continue in 2025, but not Cox, Mitchell or Sidebottom....
That's why this year play McInnes, Macrae, Harrison and Allan to give them enough regular exposure at senior level to build them into 2025.
Pendles is definitely retiring this year and I feel Sidey will as well. As for the others, we'll have to wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back