Review Good vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong win, all it took was changing everything from the first 4 rounds
Yep

Nicks had to be dragged kicking and screaming to play the kids in the midfield

He does and we win.

Whoever would have thought that would work?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what happens when you put faith in the kids to play in the middle, and you get rid of that garbage defensive gameplan we rolled out the first 4 games... what a great win!
Midfield looks awesome with at least 2 of Rankine, Rash and Soligo at any bounce.

Awesome: playing Ranks and Sog in the guts. Who would have thought? Oh yeah, everyone here but not our coaches.

Berry - can people just heck off saying he isn’t afl quality. How about we actually trust the young guys and see what fruits it bears rather than giving them bit part roles?

McHenry - heck off and take Murphy with you - thanks.

That felt like a bit of an FU to Nicks on every decision he made in the first 4 weeks.

Every player he held back showed him up. Now we just have to hope he doesn't back in certain players just because they won a game.

It almost seemed like Nicks went in to deliberately play the kids and lose so he could point to it and say "look, it doesn't work, just like I've been saying"

Away game against a top side. I mean he doesn't win those usually.

Backfired in a good way

Good: The young talent selection and positions + Tex. Midfield rotations. UnCrow like win. No dodgey Umpires call in the dying seconds.

Bad: Why is this so bloody hard to foster Matthew?

Ugly: Im not convinced the page has been turned just yet.

With Walker back to form and fitness again there's suddenly a forward line again, who would have guessed.

O'Brien probably happy he won't have to explain how he let Patrick Cripps get a clean tap to advantage in a ruck contest in the last minute of a game.

Bloody Great: We are ALWAYS on the other end of those games. Cough up a home game after leading in Q4 against a team that kicks out of their skin while we waste chances. Feels bloody good to be on the right side.

The Bad: I have the week off so can't gloat over my Carlton fan boss.

The Terrible: The third quarter distracted me from ordering pizzas for too long so now I'm still waiting for them to be delivered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back