Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

How would a 30 thousand crowd be seen tonight against port, if it was St kilda at marvel or Melbourne at the G, Melbourne may of got 35 thousand, don’t feel it was really disappointing
To be fair with Port being one of the smallest interstate sides, around 30k is probably what you would've expected at GMHBA. In fairness, they're not always going to hit 40k, just like any other stadium isn't always going to hit 100%.

How would a 30 thousand crowd be seen tonight against port, if it was St kilda at marvel or Melbourne at the G, Melbourne may of got 35 thousand, don’t feel it was really disappointing
Sorry but it means 25% didn't attend the match and that is a lot and with Geelong claiming to have 80,000 members so far this season it is not a good look or maybe they are BS pets and 3 match members and are not full memberships!

To be fair with Port being one of the smallest interstate sides, around 30k is probably what you would've expected at GMHBA. In fairness, they're not always going to hit 40k, just like any other stadium isn't always going to hit 100%.
But Geelong with 80,000 members or so they claim to have there is no excuse for 10,000 not to turning up for a top 8 clash on a Friday night!

A rare Victorian team playing in Launceston today. Hopefully it means a decent crowd, despite how Hawthorn and St Kilda are travelling. St Kilda has much bigger support in Northern Tasmania than the other smaller Victorian clubs. I reckon 13-14,000.

Last edited:
Hard to know how many turn up at Marvel today. Reserved seating has been selling quite well. It all depends on how many EFC ‘GA’ members scan into the ground today, and of course the clubs reserved seat holders too will be pivotal.

I’m still sticking with my earlier 38-40k estimate but it could surprise to the upside.

Hard to know how many turn up at Marvel today. Reserved seating has been selling quite well. It all depends on how many EFC ‘GA’ members scan into the ground today, and of course the clubs reserved seat holders too will be pivotal.

I’m still sticking with my earlier 38-40k estimate but it could surprise to the upside.

I reckon low 40s, bombers fans will know this is a big game to see where we are at and it's in a friendly timeslot, with the roof for protection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon low 40s, bombers fans will know this is a big game to see where we are at and it's in a friendly timeslot, with the roof for protection.
It’s one of those games that could see a stampede into the GA on level 3. It has those feels about it. Giants bring nobody so that’s the risk to it being sub 40k.

Hoping for it to start with a 4.

Awesome time slot.
Both teams looking finals bound.
A win could start to unlock the Bomber Army.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's amazing that the 3rd biggest crowd for a GWS game at Docklands is 30,672. And Essendon's biggest against GWS is 30,143.

Crowd at Marvel a bit below expected. Looks about 35K to me..
Was hoping it would crack 40k like the Carlton vs GWS game a few weeks ago, but high 30s (hopefully 36-38k) would still be good. Would still be an Essendon record crowd vs Giants.

Was hoping it would crack 40k like the Carlton vs GWS game a few weeks ago, but high 30s (hopefully 36-38k) would still be good. Would still be an Essendon record crowd vs Giants.
Yes I agree. Need to be realistic I guess. I think there’s still a few Bombers fans still not quite lid off at this stage. I think they’ll come out of the woodwork when they start winning finals. Until then there’s still a few on the sidelines imo. The membership is still reflecting fans not jumping onboard too. Still, even a loss to a top side today, they’re improving and I think next year should be a good year where they can legit win that final.

I reckon the Mother’s Day weekend factor could be at play here. People tend to celebrate on Saturday too as Sunday is busy with immediate family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back