Remove this Banner Ad

LikaFlash

Rookie
Oct 5, 2008
Woodsy
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just thought id let you kno

Firstly this is not what i want to happen, nor do i believe it will, but..
I rececntly spoke to the uncle of Dustin Martin, who has really impressed at the draft camp. Now his uncle is like his co manager and has been taking calls from a lot of clubs regarding him. Richmond have told him that they will take him at pick number 3. However is uncle said he doesnt know whether he'd rather him go to the tigers or he dees. I quizzed him on the dees thing, and he said melb have contacted him saying that they may yet take him with our pick 2.

For me, i rekon that pick 1 scully and pick 2 trengrove are a clear standout, however, the club must have been impressed with martins draft camp results to be calling him saying that we may take him,

Personally, if the first two names read out in the draft arent scully and trengrove, id be fair dissapointed, as these 2 players are ready made footballers, who a clearly a bit ahead of the rest. No offence to martin of course.

I wouldnt read too much into it. It would be irresponsible of the club to not at least speak to and assess each players willingness to come to the club.

Martin is a very big midfielder though isn't he? He's a ready-made footballer in that sense.

Trengove and Scully have always seemed to be a step above though. I'd be a bit disappointed if we didn't pick those two but I'd probably get over it quickly and start liking Martin.

From what i know, Melbourne really really likes Dusty Martin.

Kicks it beautifully, good decision maker, strong, balanced, excellent acceleration but they love Trengove and Scully too.

I think TomJack is still in front but it's closer then what people think.

I think there just covering all bases making sure they don't miss anything. But i think they would have spoken to almost all of the top 10 players to decide who they pick at 1 and 2

I wouldn't mind taking Trengove and Martin at 1 & 2, I think the victorian media are the ones proclaiming he is the clear number one. Scully's disposal is nothing to write home about after all.

I wouldn't mind taking Trengove and Martin at 1 & 2, I think the victorian media are the ones proclaiming he is the clear number one. Scully's disposal is nothing to write home about after all.

Please, don't even begin to suggest that Scully isn't coming to Melbourne. He is the best young talent in the country and I will be furious if he doesn't don the red and blue next year because of last minute hype for Dustin Martin. He'll be good from all reports, but Scully I've seen first hand is a jet.

Please, don't even begin to suggest that Scully isn't coming to Melbourne. He is the best young talent in the country and I will be furious if he doesn't don the red and blue next year because of last minute hype for Dustin Martin. He'll be good from all reports, but Scully I've seen first hand is a jet.

You will be furious? Yeah I'm sure that's a factor for the recruiters...It is all hype for us, none of us know much about these kids apart from what we read in papers. Ive seen vision of both, which is all Ive seen of both, and Scully's disposal by foot is average. Last minute hype has nothing to do with it.

You will be furious? Yeah I'm sure that's a factor for the recruiters...It is all hype for us, none of us know much about these kids apart from what we read in papers. Ive seen vision of both, which is all Ive seen of both, and Scully's disposal by foot is average. Last minute hype has nothing to do with it.

If you are talking about the Vic Metro footage on the internet, that isn't really anything to go by, as he was tagged heavily in that match and wasn't often given the opportunity to find space.

His kicking is pretty good, not elite, but impressive nonetheless.

I think he's a fair way ahead of Martin to be honest, who looks good on paper, but just doesn't impress me in matches to the same degree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because you judge on hype, does not mean there is not more informed decisions.

douche

The recruiters shall feel my wrath if Scully isn't chosen. It won't be pleasant, like being trapped in a sewer with Luke Williams for company.

The thing that worries me with Martin is his consistency. We all saw what he can do in the first half against WA, with his 20 odd possessions, yet he didn't win the Bendigo Pioneers best and fairest.
Definite top-10 but can't see him as a top-two pick.

Sorry but I've seen both first hand and Trengove is the best kid in the land! Trengove should be pick 1 IMO. He took the number 1 tagger each week in the SANFL and was consistently good.

Martin doesnt want to go to richmond.. i wouldnt either..
LOL im sure they are banging on the door to play for melbourne! btw scully is a tigers supporter... both are supposedly worried they might be in west sydney if you guys pick em up!! nice deal on miller btw potent forward line 2010 look out brown and Fev...

LOL im sure they are banging on the door to play for melbourne! btw scully is a tigers supporter... both are supposedly worried they might be in west sydney if you guys pick em up!! nice deal on miller btw potent forward line 2010 look out brown and Fev...

Thanks for picks 1 & 2.

You even fail at failing :thumbsu:

Go blow your self you loser troll of a loser team. You could only beat us with a kick after the siren even though we did our best to let you have it. Go off and die quietly somewhere so you can give Freo back their tag as worst mob in that AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back