Past Josh Drummond (2004-2012)

Remove this Banner Ad

got very good news lads.. just had a chat to josh drummond while i was out tonight and he says the knee is ready to go and that he would have played finals if we made it.. also said he is definitely re-signing.. blacky & charmo were with him fwiw..

Link

The Hawks may also lose out on attracting Brisbane defender Josh Drummond, who appears closer to remaining at the Gabba than he was a month ago when asked to take a pay cut.

The out-of-contract Drummond, who is seeking $450,000 a season in a new deal, is now almost certain to be retained within Brisbane's salary cap, following a trimming of total player payments because of the departures of Michael Rischitelli, Jared Brennan and Justin Sherman.

drummond5.jpg

Link

IF YOU'RE a football nut, then you’d be mad to miss tomorrow night’s AFL Grand Final Calcutta at Maroochy RSL.

Brisbane Lion and Sunshine Coast product Josh Drummond is the guest speaker and will talk about the Lions’ woeful season, the upcoming grand final and everything else football.

^

I never wanted to go anywhere else and I wanted to stay at Brisbane because I love the footy club.

:heart: More of this please. Could read that single sentence all day.

I don't suppose anyone went to that event he was speaking at? Would have been interested to hear what he had to say about the Lions season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really easy to forget just how important he is to our team. Watched the Lions v Blues round 2 game last night, and oh boy do we miss his kicking. He would be top 3 in most important players to us i think, behind only Brown and probably Clark or Bergs, whoever is full time ruckman.

All of us have their favourite footy memories, and one of mine is of Drummond booting the ball out of the backline during a practise game with such a thump that we all looked at each other- "what the hell was that?"

Another, that cross-goal, cross-foot 50m kick to a leading forward at the Gabba- v Carlton??

Really easy to forget just how important he is to our team. Watched the Lions v Blues round 2 game last night, and oh boy do we miss his kicking. He would be top 3 in most important players to us i think, behind only Brown and probably Clark or Bergs, whoever is full time ruckman.

Yeah our entire gameplan was geared around counter attacking from half back. In terms of his impact on our team I’d only have him behind JB and SB myself.

Never really analyzed his kicking technique before, but is very much like Luke Hodge.

he is a much better kick than Hodge, which is all one really needs to say

Drummond is one of the best kicks I've ever seen, he is incredible with the penetration he can get.

Hodge is almost as good on his right side though, not sure we can say the same about Drummond ;)

Drummond committed to Brisbane
Travis Meyn
4th November 2010

JOSH Drummond will remain a Brisbane Lion for at least the next two years after inking a new deal with the club recently.
“If I had a dollar for every time I was asked if I was leaving I’d be a rich man,” he told the Daily yesterday. “With the club’s position with staff leaving and the off-field things, it’s slowed the process down. That’s why it took a while.”

drummond7.jpg

It may have been asked elsewhere, but does anyone know if Drummo is training with the main group or still on restrictions?

I'm assuming with the main group. He was declared fit to play back in the last few rounds of the season but Voss decided there was no point risking him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back