The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a day this has turned out to be. jod no longer holds the Crown of Delusion. What an unbelievably rosey way of looking at it.

Please, provide a valid link which says we put a bid in for Suarez. The way I see it, Ajax wanted 20m+ so if we put in a 17m bid, Suarez wouldn't have even had the chance to reject us, had he got the oppertunity..

Secondly, being in the Champions League certainly does make us a bigger club. All players want to play at the highest level and while our run at the top may not last forever, it certainly makes us a more attractive proposition at the moment compared to you, who will make the Europa League at best this season.

Also, you go on about financial fair play rules ****ing up all the rich teams... yet, the targets you want are: "Mertescaker, Coentrao, Hazard, Adam and Mvila". Apart from all of them besides Adam being totally unrealistic targets, they'll all cost you a stack.

Oh, and you still believe you're a chance to finish top 4 this season? :eek::eek:. Not even going to go into that, but gee, it's a bit arrogant to suggest you're certain to finish there next season. What are you basing this on? The form since Kenny took over? Sure, we'll probably drop out but City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal will still be gunning at the top. Do you really think you can compete with them while still carrying plonkers like Skrtel and Carragher among others?

and finally, just try looking at it from Hazard's perspective. Should he join the extremely talented and young squad that is Arsenal? Or the very rich and top playing quality in Real Madrid? (with the special one in charge too)... Or... should he pass on those two great teams playing in the CL for Liverpool, who are coming off their second shit season and playing in the Europa League next season...

Oh this is getting hilarious. Spurs a bigger club because they are in the CL? With your fantastic logic there Shaktar Donestk should be buying bigger players then us seeing as being in the Champions League makes you a "bigger" club!! Yes, great reasoning by Grand_Delusional there!!

Lucas has signed a long term deal (official site doesn't say how long). Happy for him and the team as he has been superb in many of our big games this season.

GB - Despite your delusional ramblings. Footballers want first team football. Not CL football. It's as simple as that. If Santon cant break through at Inter, he will leave for somewhere where he can play regular first team football. Despite the money involved, they all actually love playing football. Sitting on the bench sucks. If you're Messi, Gerrard, Ronaldo, Xavi etc etc then CL football would be important because no matter what team you play for, you will be getting first team football. Santon isnt in that echelon of players.

Having said that, I dont mind either way if we get Santon. Id take him in a deal with Aquilani but id also like Baines or Enrique.

Secondly, I love Dirk Kuyt. A brace for Holland even though he didnt really mean to score the second. It's hard not to love a guy who just works and works and is all about the team. I love to see him score and get reward for his work.

Thirdly, I cant remember who it was but I agree. Charlie Adam is a much cheaper and more reliable option than bringing back Aqua. AA's price is the highest we could hope for after a pretty good season at Juve. He is injury free and playing well. Sure, we could bring him back and he could star for us. But on the other hand the pace of the PL might be too much for him. Perhaps he is just more suited to the slower Italian game. Why risk it when we can move for Adam.

Also let's stay realistic. Hazard isnt really a realistic option. Ashley Young however totally is. He is a fantastic wide midfielder who is a proven performer in the premier league. Again, he will come cheaper and is already a proven player who is still relatively young.

Looking forward to smashing WBA this weekend. Another start for the Carroll/Suarez partnership I hope. Rumours too that Gerrard is in full training and hoping to be picked to play so that is also good news.

about your first line jod.... torres ring a bell?

Suppose the difference is Torres felt his biologigal clock ticking (being 27 now)...and he was always playing first team for Atletico, and Liverpool (when not injured, or in some cases, even when injured), so craved more. Jury is still out on how well he will fit in, at least this year. Personally I admit I'm still tracking his form, and not purely in some schadenfreude kind of way. He gave me enough enjoyment that I bare no more grudge, especially as we, as a team, have moved past him so well. As long as he never has success against us :p

Just don't reply to him. I have never seen more shit talked. He went to the lengths of putting up a poll on the santon aquilani debate and that backfired massively. Epic fail. Good too see no one shares his views. Maybe that will take him down a peg or two.

When did GB catch the Embers disease and become obsessed with following our thread?

How are we comparable. In time ive been proven right on many things like Fernando Torres, Joe Cole, Paul Konchesky, Raul Mereles awesomeness amongst many many others and proven wrong on about 2 things in total. GB is just being proven wrong time and time again

Lucas signing a deal is win, had enough of our players running down contracts over the years.

Spurs fans with funny obsessions about us are hilarious, jealousy much?

:confused:. You might have had more than the other top 6 clubs but certainly not something worth crying over.

Lucas deal is a win and lose. All in all the contract extensions being handed out suggests that probably only 3 bodies are going to come in during the summer. Adam, Young and a LB.

Apart from a garbage Liverpool site catered to the caughtoffside generation who else has mentioned that being remotely close to the mark? Your discussing something that was completely made up on a Liverpool website like it is fact and they are holding meetings about it as at this very minute. Stop believing everything you read, sort out the crap from the real news and then have a discussion. Believe it or not Liverpool dont want to sign every player they are linked too just like how Tottenham dont want to pay 15 mill for a noob like Connor Wickham

Apart from a garbage Liverpool site catered to the caughtoffside generation who else has mentioned that being remotely close to the mark? Your discussing something that was completely made up on a Liverpool website like it is fact and they are holding meetings about it as at this very minute. Stop believing everything you read, sort out the crap from the real news and then have a discussion. Believe it or not Liverpool dont want to sign every player they are linked too just like how Tottenham dont want to pay 15 mill for a noob like Connor Wickham

How do you know we're not in discussions with Inter Milan, looking to swap Aquilani for Santon?

Another ****ing away game

Going to be 37 days without a home game when we take on City on the 11th

Some talk about Carroll playing for the Ingerland u/21's in the summer.

This has me confused for two reasons;

1. Carroll is 22
2. He's already played for the senior team twice

Dalglish better nip this in the bud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some talk about Carroll playing for the Ingerland u/21's in the summer.

This has me confused for two reasons;

1. Carroll is 22
2. He's already played for the senior team twice

Dalglish better nip this in the bud.

I don't know - it could Keep big Caz off the Jaeger Bombs in summer :)

They're allowed 2 overage players (up until the age of 24 I think), it's why James Milner and Steven Taylor both have 5 million caps for the 21s, they just kept getting picked because at the time they weren't making the senior squad.

Also, Kenny wont let it happen, Arsenal are upset about Wilshere also supposed to be playing in the U/21 Euros.

What? Saying Inter wouldn't trade Santon for Aquilani?

That's absolutely clear as daylight you knob.

But of course, you have no excuses to back yourself up. Keep ignoring :eek:

You've far outstayed your welcome in this thread. How you have not been red carded for blatant trolling is beyond me. Go back to your own, smaller club's thread and feel free to discuss your small club's ambitions there.

carroll12_4d924382a7066312446826.jpg

Because they're actually going to do something about it

Because they're actually not online 24 hours a day like yourself?

In any case, you are right to report the posts. Grand Blue, the team boards are for the supporters of that team only. Please use The Terrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back