News Dawson and Ray in Fremantle sights

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not really opposed to either coming. Both are in the age group block we need depth in, and can come cheaply if through the PSD. Dawson's a bit questionable, but he's not as bad as some here say. As part of an organised defence he's useful.

Ray - perhaps
Dawson - do not want

Gee Hackdork writes some shit. Reeling, botched, fiasco - blah - we're over it.

Dockers authorities have inflamed already thriving prospects that Dawson and Ray could head to Fremantle either through next month’s national draft or the pre-season final selection process in December.

What language is this?? I've read it 5 times and still don't understand.

Did Hagdorn get his degree at Wiluna TAFE??

What a shit, shit fluff piece from a hack with nothing better to do.

haha! i read the article and stopped at that sentence and done the same thing. it still does not compute for me either.

he got his degree from a cereal box.

haha! i read the article and stopped at that sentence and done the same thing. it still does not compute for me either.

he got his degree from a cereal box.

How on earth was the Mitch Clark thing a fiasco for Freo ??
Its probably the only time we have stood tight and not waivered.
Dodged a bullet, that's what we did !

I'm not really opposed to either coming. Both are in the age group block we need depth in, and can come cheaply if through the PSD. Dawson's a bit questionable, but he's not as bad as some here say. As part of an organised defence he's useful.

Agreed.

Though I have significant doubts on Haggers, one would think that there is perhaps a some smoke here.

As long as Dawson is not the key defender, he would walk into our defensive set up.

Ray is best 25 too.

If we scored both of these guys and take 3 top 30 draft picks, I would say it has been a remarkably successful trade/draft period

Plus we can load up our rookie list too.

Both Fremantle and Player Managers have denied the rumours about the two players. They would cost a decent coin too, not worth it.

Would they?

I would of thought both would be on quite average contracts - especially with St K who have a few players on very high end contracts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Classic Haggers!!

Dude dont got no brains anyhow

Would they?

I would of thought both would be on quite average contracts - especially with St K who have a few players on very high end contracts.
If they think they are in demand, then they will up their prices. I'd say Ray would have been on a decent contract, 300k or there abouts and Dawson on not too dissimilar. Especially given that they were automatic first 22 players.

Yeah I agree, he's been part of a team that went to 3 GF's playing at FB. He most certainly knows what's required.

If they think they are in demand, then they will up their prices. I'd say Ray would have been on a decent contract, 300k or there abouts and Dawson on not too dissimilar. Especially given that they were automatic first 22 players.

Possibly, but they don't have many choices now do they?

Would either cost more in terms of $ and contract length than McPhee?

Compare Dawson to McPhee:

Pros:

Better at holding a key defensive position
Less error prone
Less injury prone
Younger.

Cons:

Bit of a spanner.
Still kind of ordinary.

Pros:

Less error prone
Less injury prone
Younger.

Cons:

Bit of a spanner.
Still kind of ordinary.
One dimensional

Only plays the one position on the ground.

Would they?

We would be one of a many clubs talking to these guys. The last minute attempt to get Dawson was probably a shot at getting it done cheaply (say 3rd round pick, and we get to a bit more say in the contract). They wont be so cheap now - especially Ray. He'll take a decent pay packet I reckon.

Pros:

Less error prone
Less injury prone
Younger.

Cons:

Bit of a spanner.
Still kind of ordinary.

McPhee is way way more versatile than Dawson, but I'd take Dawson as a dedicated defender any day of the week over McPhee in the same role.
Depends what I'd have in mind for them, comparing apples and oranges, but I'd take McPhee where we stand right now and if he could stay at full fitness.

We have too many utility types who are below standard all over the ground.

Some more one dimensional players who play consistent footy every week would be great.

Yeah no argument there. I still think in today's game that would be regarded as a CON when comparing say the job that McPhee can do when tagging in the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back