Preview Richmond vs Fremantle Round 8 at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm expecting a similar game to when we played North. They'll throw everything at us early then we should be able to run over them in the second half.

Hopefully we play better than we did in the first half against North however.

We're the Dockers mate. We win the impossible and lose the easy games.

What does your board make of the Baker trade?
Some of the way the media in WA talk about the offers it sound like it would be stupid money for Baker to give up. If the numbers are "drag yourself over broken glass high" then it will be a mega deal that could see both the Port and Collingwood firsts come our way with Baker and maybe 1 or 2 picks later in the draft coming back your way.

One thing is for certain is that I am sure that Kane Cornes' views on the deal and the trade will be varied and vivid.

I'm expecting a similar game to when we played North. They'll throw everything at us early then we should be able to run over them in the second half.

Hopefully we play better than we did in the first half against North however.
We hold up to top 8 sides until the fourth quarter this year. If you keep big bodies around the ball then by about midway through the third quarter Brayshaw and Serong will be getting centre clearances at will.

Some of the way the media in WA talk about the offers it sound like it would be stupid money for Baker to give up. If the numbers are "drag yourself over broken glass high" then it will be a mega deal that could see both the Port and Collingwood firsts come our way with Baker and maybe 1 or 2 picks later in the draft coming back your way.

One thing is for certain is that I am sure that Kane Cornes' views on the deal and the trade will be varied and vivid.
I doubt we will give up 2 firsts for an out of contract 27 year old. It really depends on where those picks end up.

But I'm dead certain you're right on Cornes giving his opinion.

We're the Dockers mate. We win the impossible and lose the easy games.

What does your board make of the Baker trade
He's a heart and sole player, the type you love to watch play because you know he will put his body on the line for the team.
Apart from the obvious height draw back he can be a little sloppy with his disposal at times.
This is where it gets hard. I wouldn't think Freo should be giving up too much to bring him in in picks or coin and we don't want to have to match a hefty contract to keep him.
There's obviously going to be a big offer on the table from either you guys or WC so either we will have to commit $ to keep him, or he goes to a club that gives him $ and give up picks.
Take out the passion side and getting a good pick(s) for him will help our rebuild, but will it hurt our team culture to lose him?
We haven't lost a player to another club for a long time that hurt, even the Lids trade 2016, didn't hurt some much as he was cooked and we got a later first round pick for him. Bakers in his prime and I think I would spew up every time I see him in an oppo jumper!!!

Liam Baker is a very good player.
He's not a 2 first rounders out of contract sort of player, regardless what some shock jock has said on the radio about walking over glass.

I doubt we will give up 2 firsts for an out of contract 27 year old. It really depends on where those picks end up.

Yes, there is a bit of wishful thinking on our board that we get 2 first rounders, even a first depending how high and an early second might be pushing it I think.
He's been a great player and should help you in a push to a flag in the next 2-3 years, but he wasn't an early pick and hasn't been winning best and fairest every year.
A few on our board think that being a 2 x premiership player makes him more valuable, I don't put much stock in that, plenty of average players have won premierships and plenty of star players haven't, so does that make the average player better than the star?

To be honest, I wouldnt really be surprised if we did a deal with Brisbane or Carlton and we go Baker plus their first rounder for the 2 lowest first rounders you guys end up with. Then it will be the obvious dick measuring that goes on with picks later in the draft because the recruiting teams need to feel like they "won" something.

If you know a way of silencing Cornes for ever I'll personally contact our list management department and ask them to throw in all three of our firsts this season.

If you know a way of silencing Cornes for ever I'll personally contact our list management department and ask them to throw in all three of our firsts this season.
I know one way. It involves;
1 x Large Shirtless hairy Armenian man
2 x Men from the the former soviet union
1 x Deep cycle marine battery
1 x vial of Anthrax
1 x Jockstrap

To say anything more would be giving too much away

I know one way. It involves;
1 x Large Shirtless hairy Armenian man
2 x Men from the the former soviet union
1 x Deep cycle marine battery
1 x vial of Anthrax
1 x Jockstrap

To say anything more would be giving too much away

Is this an insight into your mind?

Too funny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe had an amazing game last week but I am fine with him being managed throughout the season. He's a weapon but we don't need to build the team around him any more.

How refreshing to have decent banter with opposition posters that actually discuss things rationally.

What are your thoughts on Carlton supporters Tigers posters? ;)
Going to hazard a guess and say Tigers supporters feel very similarly to Freo supporters whenever the Blues are around.

With the performance of the Dockers players at Peel today we have good depth again.

The pressure will be on for everyone to perform tomorrow.

With regard to the sub anyone except Simpson.

I would love for him to get a full game at the MCG and see him build on his promising debut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back