I need help with a soft drink from the 80's

Remove this Banner Ad

Diego

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Mar 12, 2002
AFL Club
Sydney
I need the name of an orange flavoured drink for this little project we are doing. It hasnt been around for years and i used to drink all the time as a kid but i am not sure of the name..i think it was called torino?

Any of you 70's and 80's kids know?

Diego said:
I need the name of an orange flavoured drink for this little project we are doing. It hasnt been around for years and i used to drink all the time as a kid but i am not sure of the name..i think it was called torino?

Any of you 70's and 80's kids know?
I think I can just remember it,came in a orange colored can but I can't remember the name.I remember RC Cola though.

Rclogo1.gif

• Banned
Bombers 2003 said:
Perhaps Tarino?

Thats it..used to come in a orange can with a weird texture and the ad had some country singer. I am sure it was replaced with sunkist the same as mellow yellow became lift and Leed became sprite.

Thanks peeps.

tigerboyz said:
Who can remember Tarax?,God i'm old.:(

I see old tarx signs everywhere..never seen it in my life as it wasnt sold in Sydney.

Any other drinks from the 70's and 80's peeps?

Tab Cola (became diet coke)
Tarino (sunkist)
Leed (sprite)
Mellow Yellow (Lift)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Diego said:
haha what about Sunny Boys or Hi C orange juice?

Or Blue cool shark? :cool:
Not sure about Blue cool Shark or Hi C,but Sunny boys are now available as Cordial.

Bombers 2003 said:
Tang is still available in Supermarkets in Vic,dont know if u get it in WA.

You probably can, but I guess I don't need to look for it anymore, my kids used to the love the stuff. OH & Tarax is back, well at least here it is & it's cheaper than Solo etc.

All this talk of drinks is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab.

In the 70s-80s there was a drink that came in a pink and purple striped can and was called Kandy. It was basically pink creaming soda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back