Other Teams
New Orleans Saints, Detroit Tigers
Nick Stevens

s668067098_286223_2665.jpg

Height: 182

Weight: 85

Date of Birth: 3rd January 1980

Nickname: Nick

Contract Details: Delisted at the end of 2003 and then picked up by Carlton in the 2004 Pre-Season Draft.

Position: Midfielder

SANFL Club: West Adelaide

Recruited From: Preston Knights (Pick 25 in the 1997 National Draft)

Other AFL Clubs: Carlton (2004- , 65 games, 32 goals)

Career Games: 192 (92 wins, 4 draws, 96 losses)

Career Goals: 110

For more career stats click here.

More info on Nick Stevens

Had an outstanding debut season in 1998 after being drafted from the Preston under 18’s and was runner up for that year’s Rising Star award.

A solid midfielder with good skills. Steady for most of 2002, his form kicked up another level late in the year and he was a dangerous winger in the closing stages of the season.

In 2003 he became more of an ‘inside’ player as a result of the absence of Josh Francou with a knee injury. His stats of winning contested ball and centre clearances lifted dramatically.

He was at the centre of a huge controversy at the end of the 2003 season when he announced he wanted to cross to Collingwood. However, the Power refused Collingwood’s trade offers and Stevens was forced to enter the pre-season draft where he was secured by Carlton.

Courtesy of 'The Encyclopedia of AFL Footballers'

Happy he will be around for the ten year Premiership reunion!

OHH WAIT!
Well technically he was at the game*. I'd actually be interested in knowing how he got a ticket.
* In saying this I assume we all know he was there as a spectator.

I would say he got one of Carlton's allocation - like all teams are allocated GF tickets.
Yeah it's not one of the great mysteries I know, but those tickets are worth about $1,000 each to non-participant clubs when bundled up with GF breakfasts etc. I just wonder whether Carlton gave a few out to their players, or whether Nick shelled out some of his own dosh. Purely speculative, we are unlikely to ever know. Likewise who would he have barracked for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he would've barracked for Port.

I do feel that he has some real remorse for what happened and while it is easy for him to say now, if he had his time over again he would've stayed.

Also I think he will go okay as a coach (even if it only be as an assistant) somewhere down the track at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back