New Cricket Board Mod wanted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2003
Vegas
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey guys, we are looking to freshen things up and to appoint a new mod for the Cricket Board.

Criteria for the position are someone who:

* Knows their cricket

* Is a regular Cricket Board poster with a good reputation

* Has an interest in improving the posting quality and culture of the board

Feel free to nominate yourself, or anyone else you feel worthy of consideration.

Bryce McGain?

Might not meet all of the criteria, but that never stopped him from being picked for Australia.

And he needs a job.

/sorry

I'm quite happy to give it a go, pm me the pay rates, conditions, ie can I do it from home? etc:thumbsu:

Im not sure about that to be honest BD, Sean is a decent poster but whether his mature enough to take on a moderators role is questionable. His knowledge of cricket, while good, probably isnt in the league of other posters. Im not being a smart alec but giving my honest opinion.

I feel a good option would be The Brown Dog although im not sure if his a regular poster. I feel I would do a decent job as well, i have been here for a number of years and i have a good knowledge of the game.

Im not sure about that to be honest BD, Sean is a decent poster but whether his mature enough to take on a moderators role is questionable. His knowledge of cricket, while good, probably isnt in the league of other posters. Im not being a smart alec but giving my honest opinion.

I feel a good option would be The Brown Dog although im not sure if his a regular poster. I feel I would do a decent job as well, i have been here for a number of years and i have a good knowledge of the game.

That's fair enough to put forward, it depends what is wanted from everyone else on this board or what is needed for the forum and that can vary. What he does bring is a level head which is needed as a moderator. There's plenty of options right around the board, but I'd substitute a bit of quality posting for a guy who will do a good job in terms of being a mediator and posting sensibly on a consistent basis (not saying others don't, just think he's probably got 'it' more than the rest)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you serious? Any thoughts on why you think i would be a good applicant?
He's taking the piss mate. Not like stealing an esky "taking the piss" kind of way. More of a joking sort of manner.

As for moderator it should be me easily. Sure I'm rough around the edges but you need that. I certainly don't have a bias (internationally speaking). :)

Another name i'll put up is Jimthegreat. I think a quality being a moderator is the ability to discuss cricket with posters who's opinions differ, in a mature and intelligent way (as in to lead by example). There's been times where we've had different and varying opinions on cricket topics and I was able to have some really good discussions with him on this board. I reckon he'd be a good option too.

I think the main attribute a moderator needs to have on a cricket board is the ability to determine if someone is just stirring the pot intentionally and taking appropiate action. For example, some poster who i can't remember last night suggested dropping Ponting, making Cam White captain, dropping Haddin for Wade and some other stupid selection which i cant remember. Probably something like Quiney for Katich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back