AFL at Adelaide Oval - it will never happen (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
How much are your SACA + SANFL tickets now.

Is it far off $1,000 now? Any extra is a premium for the new stadium. Is it worth the extra? Bear in mind you get your new stand this cricket season.

AAMI Ultimate is $430. SACA full membership this year was $360 but I think $60 of that was for a building fee so say $300.

It's a big gap but I guess they are talking about a few years time so you would expect some inflation in prices but still a reasnoble gap.

Re: AFL at Adelaide Oval - it will never happen (Part 3)

$1000 compared to now $760.

Any more than $550 tops and i am out of there and will be bringing it up when we vote.SANFL are commimg to the AO us AO members have to be looked after.

If enough agree with me then the NO vote should get up Fingers crossed.

Wont happen, its amazing how many of my friends who were on the waiting list for SACA membership for years suddenly got their membership approved this year. Its going to happen accept it!

When is the SACA vote?

and, when is the point of no return, because at this stage - it can still fall over. When will we find out 100% that this is going to happen, no matter what.

Wont happen, its amazing how many of my friends who were on the waiting list for SACA membership for years suddenly got their membership approved this year. Its going to happen accept it!

Thats cause the new stand will be ready for the Test.My mate got his and was on the waiting list for 3-4 years.

It MAY happen.

Never accept it.

That's not amazing at all, why do you think they built a new stand, just for the hell of it? The new Western Stand was designed to clear the backlog of the waiting list and was planned well before the footy debate came up..

This is also the key point of the vote, despite many long term members being willing to vote it down, all those who have just all been given membership still get a vote, these people are mostly not the dyed in the wool type of SACA members of yore and IMO are more likely to be for the AFL move to AO and not against. If the vote was cut off for members pre-2009 I think the vote would go down in a screaming heap.

My 98yo great aunt has been a member for 60 odd years and despite not being well enough to attend the cricket since about 1989 she is still a member. She doesn't agree with the new stand let alone a complete overhaul and letting football back in.

My 98yo great aunt has been a member for 60 odd years and despite not being well enough to attend the cricket since about 1989 she is still a member. She doesn't agree with the new stand let alone a complete overhaul and letting football back in.

Does she agree with the modern medicine that is keeping her alive?

AAMI Ultimate is $430. SACA full membership this year was $360 but I think $60 of that was for a building fee so say $300.

It's a big gap but I guess they are talking about a few years time so you would expect some inflation in prices but still a reasnoble gap.

The figure that I have heard for full AO membership is around $900, so the differential would not put too many offside, considering the additional facilities and more comfortable seating.

Pssst. Vader, time for Part 4;)

Also, I for one am sick of all of this.

Nothing that is being discussed hasn't already been discussed at several different junctures in the last 3000 posts.

Fair comeback whats that got to do with anything.

As long as she gets her voting papers in the mail.

Won't be a vote by mail

Will be an extraordinary general meeting of the members.

Hence why I'm fairly confident it'll fail.

Only the people who are deadset against it will be ****ed to show up.

Won't be a vote by mail

Thats wierd every other time we have to vote its Mail.Considering they want all the votes they can get i would have thought mail votes were a cert.

Thats wierd every other time we have to vote its Mail.Considering they want all the votes they can get i would have thought mail votes were a cert.

They're only votes for board positions.

This vote will more likely than not involve constitutional change, something that can only be done at an extraordinary general meeting.

At the last one they tried to change the rules for constitutional amendment to mail vote (presumably for this reason). As far as I'm aware that failed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't be a vote by mail

I haven't voted for anything to do with the SACA in my life but will go along and vote yes.

Serious question if you were the SACA how do you try and manafacture a yes vote?

I haven't voted for anything to do with the SACA in my life but will go along and vote yes.

Serious question if you were the SACA how do you try and manafacture a yes vote?

Me either, but I don't intend to break that streak now!

As for manufacturing a yes vote, I think it's going to have to come down to making the existing members an offer to good to refuse regarding membership prices.

As in, significantly less than the $900-$1000 being floated around.

Otherwise I think it'll be the vocal opposition that defeats the proposal.

Won't be a vote by mail

I kinda agree, It could be like voting in US Congress, you've actually go to be there when the vote is called.

The apathetic will be the key to this, otherwise you will get 500 people there - 450 with an issue to vote it down. All those for it or neither here nor there rarely show up. It's why vocal minorities do so well in minor Govt issues and things like this, they tend to be more organised.

I kinda agree, It could be like voting in US Congress, you've actually go to be there when the vote is called.

The apathetic will be the key to this, otherwise you will get 500 people there - 450 with an issue to vote it down. All those for it or neither here nor there rarely show up. It's why vocal minorities do so well in minor Govt issues and things like this, they tend to be more organised.

A Tea Party kind of effect?

Whilst I agree that people are generally apathetic, there will be huge media attention and it is up to the SACA to press home to everyone that if they want it, they must vote.

and if its a vote that comes out to us all in the mail with a postage paid return envelope then I think the majority would do so, it would be like voting in EB agreements. And the vote would get up easily.

But if its a 'show up to vote' situation you are going to get the North Adelaide Residents Assoc, Save the Parklands and Save the dilapidated Racecourse sort of crowd front up because their essentially activist types, it won't really matter what the SACA say, most made their mind up well before.

They should schedule the vote at 10.45pm on Saturday night @ Casablabla to ensure a win.

Me either, but I don't intend to break that streak now!

As for manufacturing a yes vote, I think it's going to have to come down to making the existing members an offer to good to refuse regarding membership prices.

As in, significantly less than the $900-$1000 being floated around.

Otherwise I think it'll be the vocal opposition that defeats the proposal.

The recent changes to proxy voting were an attempt to help manufacture a yes vote for this.

Thats cause the new stand will be ready for the Test.My mate got his and was on the waiting list for 3-4 years.

It MAY happen.

Never accept it.

They only joined because the stadium debate came up ie 1-2 yrs ago and wanted to get in before everyone else did with the footy. All those people will be voting for it!

They only joined because the stadium debate came up ie 1-2 yrs ago and wanted to get in before everyone else did with the footy. All those people will be voting for it!

no they didn't the vast majority of those people have been on the waiting list for ages 5+ years, well before any mention of football ever returning.

Thats what i thought too, but they weren’t on the list anywhere near that time, it would be lucky to be 1 year they were on, i think the waiting list is obviously not as long as its made out.

no, her mother and grandmother both lived well into their 90's. It's a genetic thing. Something I have to look forward to I guess. Great.

What, being in your 90s and voting on whether the Adelaide Oval proposal will get up? :eek:

sorry couldn't help myself.:p:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back