Remove this Banner Ad

GordonBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I asked HBF and haven't got a response if I should start this here, but I'm going to be a rebel (watchout) and post it anyways..

I've played it the last few years and it's fun.

Most of you would've heard or played it before, so I thought I'll start one for this board.

Regarding Prizes, might get a Carlton Footy and award it to the winner, but that is unconfirmed

For people that don't know what this comp is about

This is a footy tipping comp with a dif.

Just tip one game for every round for all 24 rounds before the first game of round 1.

Please also tip who you think will finish 9th after round 24.

You will advance to the next round should you get the tip right. Should you get a tip wrong... then you are knocked out of the competition.

The last person in the comp wins.

If there are more than one person left and then the following week they all get eliminated (i.e. all get their tips wrong), then they will not get eliminated as there needs to be one person left standing to be heralded the winner. If by round 24 there is still more than one person left (very doubtful but just in case), then the person who's chosen team is closest to 9th place will win.

Restrictions:

-You Cannot tip the same team twice in a row
-You Cannot tip the same team more than 5 times throughout the year

PRIZE:
Carlton Footy (TBC)

I would like to restrict it to the Carlton board as it may get too difficult to organise and maintain

Your tips need to be lodge through to myself via PM or email (DO NOT POST YOUR TIPS IN THIS THREAD) before 5:00pm on Thursday 24 March 2010 (It's the Thursday when round 1 begins). Tips lodged after that deadline will not be accepted.

You may change your tips until Thursday 24 March at 5:00pm. After this deadline, you may not change your tips.

An example of how to post your tips:

GordonBlue
R1: Hawthorn
R2: Brisbane
R3: St Kilda
R4: Geelong
R5: St Kilda
R23: Collingwood
R24: Adelaide

9th Place: Richmond

It really is that simple. You only post your tips ONCE and never have to do them again all year.

First you need to post if you are interested in playing so I can see the numbers. You are welcome to send me your tips straight away.

Interested
Tips Provided (compliant)
Tips Provided (non-compliant)

2011 Participant (BLUE BOLD = Tips received):
GordonBlue
Jeremias
BluesMan
Marc Shmurf 3
Bluesque
The Big Sticks
juddsentant517
Team Mo'
BlueGibbs2011
edbunker
Claypigeon
esoteric
BLUES crusade
The Toad
Brownlow Judd
Blue and Silver
Jabba73
Buzz/Sticks/bryce
wally funk
Aphrodite
nicolbolas
blue boys
budgiejk
Teamocil
bluebunz
cfc4life
andrewcassa
krayfesh
blues4flag
Blues Man

Just so no conspiracy can be pointed at me, I will post my tips on here for all to see straight after the deadline.

Yea I'll jump in for sure. Good spin on tipping, by tipping every round by the 1st, will make it much more difficult than i thought. Sounds exciting :)

I think there should be a restriction on the number of times a team can be selected. Something like you can only select each team twice, and perhaps only once for last year's top 4, to make it more difficult.

Just a suggestion.

Just to be clear save people wasting time...

You do not tip EVERY GAME

Just 1 game per round...

eg. Round 1 the fixture is:

Carlton v Richmond
Geelong v St Kilda
Collingwood v Port
Adelaide v Hawthorn
Brisbane v Fremantle
Essendon v Bulldogs
Melbourne v Sydney
West Coast v North Melbourne

Out of all those game, I feel like Collingwood are the definite winners, so my round 1 tip is Collingwood...

It does sound easy... but as explained earlier, you have to do all 24 rounds before the season starts

The lastest any has lasted since I've played this game is round 14...

I think there should be a restriction on the number of times a team can be selected. Something like you can only select each team twice, and perhaps only once for last year's top 4, to make it more difficult.

Just a suggestion.

This could be an option

Another option is you cannot pick the same team twice

To do both will be very hard, but if we get alot of players, then doing both is feasible

To make it more interesting, and taking on board ppg05 and BluesMan suggestions, there will be the following restrictions:

You Cannot tip the same team twice in a row
You Cannot tip the same team more than 5 times throughout the year

Sounds good I;m in...

May I make a suggestion to the above, maybe not the same team two weeks in a row ie: Collingwood Round 1 but you can;t tip them Round 2 but okay to tip them round 3....that way you really need to calculate your tips...

Sounds good I;m in...

May I make a suggestion to the above, maybe not the same team two weeks in a row ie: Collingwood Round 1 but you can;t tip them Round 2 but okay to tip them round 3....that way you really need to calculate your tips...
This rule has just been implemented...lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Gordon, do I PM you each week, or do we tip up front?
You have to PM me all 24 rounds before the start of the season... this means you don't have to tip again...

I will then update every week which team each person is relying on to win... and update who progresses and who gets kicked out

Don't forget to also include who you think will finish 9th

You have to PM me all 24 rounds before the start of the season... this means you don't have to tip again...

I will then update every week which team each person is relying on to win... and update who progresses and who gets kicked out

Don't forget to also include who you think will finish 9th

OK no worries, so pick ninth and can;t pick the same team two weeks in a row !!:thumbsu:

Thanks

We have 13 players interested so far... the more people that enter the more fun it is...

The winner will get a Mars Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back