🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Is it really a thing or is it simply the new catch-cry for the perpetually offended or socially “woke” generation.

Eg 1; a black man in the US was approached by two white people last week after they observed what they considered to be a crime when they saw him in the street painting BLM on the side of a house.

Did they “racially profile” him because he was black, or did they approach him because they thought he was a vandal?

Eg 2; a young employee was fired from a restaurant after she offered a black customer a watermelon dessert special to go with his fried chicken.

Did she “racially profile” him and offer it because he was black, or did she do it because it was store policy to up-sell the weekly special?

Eg 3; a middle aged man was set upon by a violent mob after he exited his vehicle which was in gridlock on a street due to them blocking the road and prepared to defend himself & his car with a bow & arrow as they approached rioting & destroying everything in their path.

Did they “racially profile” him because he was a white man with a weapon, or did he “racially profile” them because they were of mixed races and rampaging wildly?

🤔🤔🤔

Question 1, whose phuqing house?

Question 2.. Did she call him daddy?

Question 3 who did he aim at first?

If the answers to those questions, go a certain way, your whole argument is mute.

• Banned
Irrelevant to the context.

WTF?

Irrelevant to the context.

First post & you already think this is an argument?
Interesting. 🤔

See, if your argument was sound, you wouldn't be stumped for answers, to pretty basic questions. If you don't understand what you're saying, then you are a robot with a memory for repetition.

• Banned
See, if your argument was sound, you wouldn't be stumped for answers, to pretty basic questions. If you don't understand what you're saying, then you are a robot with a memory for repetition.
Your ‘questions’ are nothing but an attempt to derail the thread from the topic, your insistence that this is an argument has moved from interesting to puzzling and your infantile little dig is embarrassing. :$

“Is it really a thing or is it simply the new catch-cry for the perpetually offended or socially “woke” generation”

Tells me you’ve already made your mind up and nothing is changing it so the point of this thread is moot

It's profiling full stop, I don't leave the house without the ingredients for at least a spliffette but I'm not brown or young so the rozzers never give me a second look.
Indeed. Youngns laugh at me because I listen to Guns N’ Roses and do not know who ‘Adele’ is.

‘Age profiling’ is rude as hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like it or not you make judgements based on appearance immediately. For me or would not so much be about skin colour bit the way they dress and groom. In saying that some would be based on race yes

I got profiled as a Hawthorn supporter out at Windy Hill one day.....It didn't end well, cos we won.

On a more serious note, I reckon alot of people confuse tribalism for racism.... At the very least, they appear to be interchangeable concepts.

It's definitely something that has started with woke instagramers. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the two words had never even been used in the same sentence before 2019.

It's profiling full stop, I don't leave the house without the ingredients for at least a spliffette but I'm not brown or young so the rozzers never give me a second look.
In fairness that's probably more due to the Wisdens I assume you always have under your arm.

So what is it and how does it apply to the examples?
If you have to ask then there's no real point engaging in conversation is there? It's just a shame that more Australians and people all over the world don't spend more time with people from other walks of life, really does make you a more rounded person.

the problem with stereotypes is that, there's sometimes truth in them, enough to stick time to time. but everyone gets caught up in the collectivism used in whatever profiling you might think of. so lots of people get tarred with the wrong brush. neither black thugs or white privilege is an accurate description of an entire group of people but people are happy to throw the terms around.

the problem with stereotypes is that, there's sometimes truth in them, enough to stick time to time. but everyone gets caught up in the collectivism used in whatever profiling you might think of. so lots of people get tarred with the wrong brush. neither black thugs or white privilege is an accurate description of an entire group of people but people are happy to throw the terms around.
Stereotypes aren't just born out of thin air with zero evidence. There's always truth to them, as proven by them being said in the first place and someone else knowing what they meant by it to know it's 'wrong'...

Stereotypes aren't just born out of thin air with zero evidence. There's always truth to them, as proven by them being said in the first place and someone else knowing what they meant by it to know it's 'wrong'...

Stereotypes aren't truisms though....Much like propaganda there's usually elements of both truth & lie in them.....It's the truth components that often lends credence to the false ones - a package deal if you will... People aren't all the same.

"African Americans are incarcerated in state prisons across the country at more than five times the rate of whites, and at least ten times the rate in five states. This report documents the rates of incarceration for whites, African Americans, and Hispanics in each state, identifies three contributors to racial and ethnic disparities in imprisonment, and provides recommendations for reform."

This should read:

The problem with stereotypes is there almost always of a negative aspect, except in the case of white people where the steretypes are usually favourable traits.

Meh, they couldn't be arsed about having to deal with your constant professional victimhood stories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back