Clangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here for a list of clangers for every player up until the other week.

Polak is the safest user of the ball (Hughes, Jon and Simmo shouldn't be counted because they haven't had enough touches for an accurate percentage), so judging by your username polakthetiger you'll be happy ;)

West Coast's list is a few posts below it, and as mind blowing as it is about half of our list would be in the bottom couple at WC.

Richmond Players Clanger Count Up to Round 9:
1. Foley 34
2. Johnson 31
3.= Tuck 29
= Richo 29
5. Tivendale 26
6. Bowden 25
7. Raines 23
8. Deledio 19
9. =Pattison 18
=McGuane 18
11. Polo 17
12.= Pettifer 16
= King 16
14. Newman 14
15.= Tambling 12
= Simmonds 12
17. Hyde 11
18.= Schulz 10
= Gaspar 10
20.= Polak 9
= Howat 9
= Edwards 9
23.= Bowden 8
= JON 8
25.= Krakouer 6
= Moore 6
27. Jackson 5
28. Thursfield 4
29.= White 3
29.= Kingsley 3
31.= Hughes 1
= Meyer 1
= Riewoldt 1

Stats can also be found at http://heraldsun8.virtualsports.com.au/?p=topplayers2&sort=clangers&team=12

It should be averaged out for the amount of possessions the player gets. For example, Foley gets more of the ball than Raines etc.

Bowden only has 8. Thats excellent for someone who people on here kill as having poor skills at times.

It should be averaged out for the amount of possessions the player gets. For example, Foley gets more of the ball than Raines etc.

Bowden only has 8. Thats excellent for someone who people on here kill as having poor skills at times.

I just did that

Foley %13.6
Raines % 12

It cant be true. I'd rather see effective dispossals.

Top 10 Possessions to Clangers(to Round 9):

Polak 135 to 9 = 15
Newman 161 to 14 = 11.5
Deledio 180 to 19 = 9.4
Pettifer 129 to 16 = 8
J.Bowden 194 to 25 = 8
Raines 174 to 23 = 7.5
Foley 224 to 34 = 6.5
Tuck 191 to 29 = 6.5
Tivendale 161 to 26 = 6.1
Johnson 170 to 31 = 5.4

Had a look up to Round 9 the Top 10 possession getters and looked at how many they have per clanger. It is interesting that the best performers are our backline players. Pettifer our most effective forward and the guys in the middle are our highest in terms of clanger to possessions ratio. You can understand that due to the pressure they are under in the middle.

As a comparison I have had a look at 3 of the better players in the middle:
Judd 257 to 30 = 8.56
Kerr 197 to 23 = 8.13
Bartel 255 to 23 = 11

Shows just how much improvement is needed.

Foley has been good though, he's gone from 60% last year to 80% this year.

Everyone's stats will increase when we're winning, also hopefully our style of play will be more open when we get a few more "skilled" players (Connors/Casserly) into the side.

I can't stand crap skills, hopefully these kids can come right in and cement a spot in the side from day 1.

Learn to kick you hacks, watching Pearce today I find it a joke how anybody could have rated Andrew Raines above him!! lol Any doubts people had over last year's Rising Star winner have been put to rest, and Shaw should not have come third.

Hughes is extremely efficient too, bring him IN and Kingsley OUT for good. Kingsley can have 10 possies but Hughes only needs 5 to be better than Kingsley, and Hughesy will kick 2-3 goals and probably get more possies anyway.

Foley wins hardball hence he is always going to have higher clanger stats than pure running players... he is comparable to Bartel (the best in the business).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back