Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

1417559404294.jpg

Wait until Brayshaw starts combining with the man in the middle.
Paddy looks like he just ate a turd.

He is already a pretty amazing player for us and he just started. Highly skilled makes great decisions and is tough. Enright smashed him and 10 seconds later he charged into a pack winning a free kick. Also that intercept mark and play on from half back...man I'm happy we drafted him.

Girlfriend's born on June 26th and hates football, so I bought her a #26 Petracca jersey. Might grab myself a new number 10. I refuse to allow myself to imagine that Petracca will be anywhere near as good as Brayshaw. That'd be too good to be true.
Petracca's still the better prospect IMO. Feels good man.

For a 12 game player he is a serious "playmaker" what are is score involvement statistics, it's insane kicks it long and direct into the froward 50 running directly through the middle it is unheard of from us lately. That intercept in the second or third term when he kept running straight through had a bounce and kicked it long to spencil deep, so good.

So weird to feel a sense of comfort, when a 19yo, first year player is involved in the play. We've got a player here that can determine results!

Guy is a gun. Amazing today, absolutely led by example. Tough, clean, brave and skilled.

With him, Viney and if Petrecca is as good as people said, you guys are in for a good few years. You deserve it.

Frawley leaving could be a massive bonus for you guys.

Does he remind anyone else of a cross between Pendles & Selwood?

Not saying he'll be as good a both of them combined, but he'll be just as good if not better!

When he was way out of the play, chased old mate down on the half back flank, made the tackle, went to ground, got up, then got the ground ball get and saved the day. Just brilliant. That and his bull at a gate run straight up the Geelong Highway. Piss of you mutant tractor drivers. Ok sorry. But still, what a gun

Not saying he'll be as good a both of them combined, but he'll be just as good if not better!
He also reminds me of Robert Harvey both in appearance and how he doggedly pursues the footy for 4 quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy for him to turn at as good as one of them tbh.

If he turns out as good as both I'll have to wear very loose fitting pants when watching every Dees game...

Girlfriend's born on June 26th and hates football, so I bought her a #26 Petracca jersey. Might grab myself a new number 10. I refuse to allow myself to imagine that Petracca will be anywhere near as good as Brayshaw. That'd be too good to be true.

Am... am I your girlfriend?

Pretty happy with the ball in Stretch's hands so far. Looks a very smart user.

Billy will take a bit longer as he is so slight, but I'm confident he'll be a terrific wingman for us.

He was the only draftee that didn't put the jumper on. Little flog was just holding it.

I still think he was gone to GWS before we even drafted him.

Bigger Lenny Hayes. Pretty much exactly the guy we needed.

Yep, that's who I think of. Another guy in the mould of Hayes or Simon Black. Happy to jinx the guy, but you look at the way he plays and what he brings to the table in terms of skills, hardness and intelligence... could well be one of the best players in the comp in a few years (and like top 3 or 5, not top 20 or 50 or any of that nuffy guff).

Happy to dish out massive wraps on Brayshaw, he's got a way to go yet to measure up to Harvey. Use to hate watching that bloke carve up for the Saints - one of the smoothest movers and most composed players I've ever seen. Don't see many blokes play football with an accountant's haircut the way he did, and there wouldn't be a hair out of place at the end of the game.

With Petracca out it's almost like we have another #2 draft pick this year. I hope he comes on well; even if he doesn't Gus is an absolute gem.

Let's see if I can get this post right the third time. Having a nightmare, sorry to those who got wasteful notifications from my repeated mis posting!

Sorry to intrude in here, but you've got nothing to worry about with CP. Even if he doesn't (and he will) he's still going to be a dominant third forward at the worst. The only thing that could hold him back is his own mental side of the game which is a bit questionable.

Despite having so much more weight on him than most juniors, he's elite for pace and agility. Imagine how that'll improve if he slims down/when he matures. Not only that but he's dominant overhead and physically dominant. Rare that someone so athletically talented combined with natural footballing IQ fails. Sylvia perhaps but even then CP does everything Sylvia does but with a far better attitude.

And even if it doesn't work out, he's just so dominant forward. Can essentially be another key forward despite only being 6'1. He's a keeper. Like Bray; surpassed all of my expectations, looks like a future star of the competition. Absolute jet, so glad he's thriving for you guys, such an impressive month and looks so much better on the ball than on a wing or flank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back