Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought nobody could catch Garlett too...reckon I was right but forgot to factor in the 35 year old old fart with arms that extend half way across the universe.

As for Yarran, he's improved every week thus far. Couldn't get near it round 1, good in round 2 against s**t opposition, played well against the best team in the land and was near BOG today.

And apart from that contest against Monfries, he's actually defending pretty well.

Yep, very good today and been great all year apart from one match (can't remember which) where he went missing. Taken some huge leaps forward this year and starting to show what he's really capable of.

Thought nobody could catch Garlett too...reckon I was right but forgot to factor in the 35 year old old fart with arms that extend half way across the universe.

As for Yarran, he's improved every week thus far. Couldn't get near it round 1, good in round 2 against s**t opposition, played well against the best team in the land and was near BOG today.

And apart from that contest against Monfries, he's actually defending pretty well.

Talking of Monfries, Duigan brutalized him like no man should brutalise another man. I'm tipping Monfries will sleep tonight.

masterstroke of a move by ratts. is defending reasonably well and will only get better. but him averaging 20 possies from half back with his kicking skills and breaking the lines will get us over the line in a lot of games.That piece of play to handball to waite was pure class. love the 3-4 handbals and run he does

gonna be a star

Lol, don't dwell on that. Jeff was his usual lively self today and had a bit of brain fart under pressure and thought he was better running on (which he is most of the time) rather than going back for a shot. s**t happens.

Really hope Jeff (and Simmo) don't spew on those decisions for too long. They're two guys in our team who give 100% every week and it certainly wasn't their fault we didn't get the 4 points today.

Lol, don't dwell on that. Jeff was his usual lively self today and had a bit of brain fart under pressure and thought he was better running on (which he is most of the time) rather than going back for a shot. s**t happens.

Really hope Jeff (and Simmo) don't spew on those decisions for too long. They're two guys in our team who give 100% every week and it certainly wasn't their fault we didn't get the 4 points today.

Garlett would be close to my favourite player at the club - as dangerous a player as we have. Actually seemed to play some time in the midfield too.

But I have no doubt he'd be playing over that decision time and again in his head between now and next week. Fortunately it's only a week before he has another opportunity to redeem himself. Not blaming him for the loss but not sure what his reasoning would be, with about a minute left on the clock and an opponent right on his tail.

Some of his tackles are like vice grips. :thumbsu:

Isn't your stereotypical aboriginal HBFer.

Gun enough said, so happy we got this kid, is going to be a super star and is starting to realize if he works hard his talent will come to the fore, I giggle now at the fools who ran him down when we drafted him.

Just wondering if Yarran would be of more value to the side if he was played in the middle and Gibbs was 'unreleased' back to the half back flank?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be delicious in a few years if he gets to play in the middle, mmmm mmmm mmmm

I'm not sure we need him to move into the midfield for more than a run here and there. Attacking HBFers seem to have a stigma associated with them but it's become one of the most important positions in his game and Yarran is perfectly suited to the game.

Why put him in contested situations around the ball when he has so much time and space running off half back to make use of his speed and creativity?

He already gets the ball in dangerous positions - had the second most inside 50s with 5, 2nd most goal assists with 2 and kicked a goal himself.

I think more of a impact player, as you mentioned a run in there now and again just to shake things up. The kid is a freak can make the difficult look easy, love the way he seems to be cruising and then just turns on the afterburners.

Then on top of that he has skill, class, vision his potential is immense, thank God we picked him up, he seems to have all the time in the world and only players who have a lot of class can do that.

Damn, I'd love it if someone could point me to where I could see some of our highlights, in particular Yaz's plays and his goal. Sounds like he had a ripper, but I didn't get to see the game today :( and the only radio station I was able to get in the car were broadcasting the Hawk/WC game.

Damn, I'd love it if someone could point me to where I could see some of our highlights, in particular Yaz's plays and his goal. Sounds like he had a ripper, but I didn't get to see the game today :( and the only radio station I was able to get in the car were broadcasting the Hawk/WC game.

YouTube...it's this new website that let's you upload and view video!!! Amazing new technolgy!!!

YouTube...it's this new website that let's you upload and view video!!! Amazing new technolgy!!!

Smarta$$ :p

I know, I guess I was hinting for anyone who might have uploaded any videos too. ;)

Replay and highlights will be up tomorrow/Monday on afl.com.au , t2b.

Good luck getting it to work for you, but.

Ha, I know what you mean. Bufferpond indeed. Cheers mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back