La Liga

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprising to see how far behind Messi Ronaldo is now. Messi is on another level.

I support neither RM or Barcelona and was in a way pleased that a coincidence of Messi's recurrent hamstring troubles mixed with his own great form allowed CR7 his time in the glory in the past 2 years because his great talent and great application deserve it but no there is no surprise. Since he was 19 or 20 a fit and in form Messi is unquestionably ahead of everyone in the entire skillset with ball at feet. Over the past 2 months for the first time since the Pep Guardiola time at Barcelona we are seeing the full Messi talent on show untrammmelled by injury or poor form and when that is on show there is no other show in town.

messi ball at feet running at an opposition defence....there is no equivalent in soccer for sheer aesthetic soccer drama.

There's no argument. Messi is a lord.

Is Messi the best player you've seen play?

The objective answer has to be yes. His stats and efficiency ratings are unequalled since serious stat taking began in he '90s and almost certainly unequalled historically in European leagues/CL.

Subjectively of course people can - and do - have preferences for Zidane, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo 9, Ibra, CR7 etc and Messi himself but objectively and measurably there is no argument. it's Messi.

Think I confused the La Liga thread for the Messi circle jerk

Well in fairness watching him is the best part of that league....or any soccer league.

I'm a lukewarm soccer fan. To me Messi is the attraction. Equally I only ever watch Federer in tennis. When Fed finishes thats' me done with what is otherwise a sport of grunt and power.I suspect many are similar.

Messi rules for many non hardcore socceristas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ronaldo has barely done anything for about 2 months.

What's the stat he hasn't scored from his last 70 free kicks or something?
His free kicks have always been rubbish and most sail high and wide into the stands yet because he scored a few decent ones this ridiculously inaccurate opinion was formed that he was lethal from the dead ball. Reality is that there are so many better free kick takers in the world, and so many more in their side currently. Surely not having scored in 70, he might just step down and let someone else take one, perhaps someone who can get within 40 metres of the target? The greediest, most self absorbed parasitic flog to ever put on a pair of football boots.

We're discussing Ronaldo now nbaman, hope you're content with the change in discussion.

How reliable is Guillem Balague? Reporting that Real are seriously considering sacking Ancelotti at the end of the season.

woulda been sacked end of last season if Ramos didnt bail RM out in the CL Final :mad:
Ronaldo really celebrated that goal and the 2nd and the 3rd..... :rolleyes:
Sums the guy up there, the only goal he cared about was the one he scored which occurred once the game was basically over. All about CR7. The glory exists solely for him and isn't to be shared or stolen. Can only imagine the rage he felt when Bale scored the goal that put them ahead.

How reliable is Guillem Balague? Reporting that Real are seriously considering sacking Ancelotti at the end of the season.

City will be all over him if he gets the flick. But who on earth would Real replace him with?
Klopp?

Perhaps it is time Fat Sam gets the gig considering he claims that he would win everything managing Real....

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back