La Liga

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest mate the suggestion that Messi misses more chances that Ronaldo is just silly and any brief look at stats confirms that. Chance conversion is a function of technical ability and the technically superior player ( Messi ) is comfortably ahead statistically.

Ronaldo almost keeps pace with Messi's goal stats via penalties ( 45 to 27 in the Liga )and taking many more shots per season. ( 7 per game to 5 for Messi on average ) This is a simple statement of reality. Statistical comparison over time of any two players with ball at foot - dribbling, passing, shot conversion, key passes etc etc - will always see the technically superior player ahead and this is seen with Messi and Ronaldo as it would be in any similar comparison.

While you will probably deny this you won't be able to find any statistical support for your argument there being none to be had.
I gave you the stat, why are you ignoring it? Messi misses more chances than any other player in La Liga, let alone Ronaldo. The most glaring one being the sitter in the last Clasico from 2 yards.

Yes, but you don't think Madrid might have scored another perhaps if Ronaldo laid off a chance/made a better decision?
We already score the most goals in La Liga and Europe even though apparently Barca has the best attack.

I gave you the stat, why are you ignoring it? Messi misses more chances than any other player in La Liga, let alone Ronaldo. The most glaring one being the sitter in the last Clasico from 2 yards.

We already score the most goals in La Liga and Europe even though apparently Barca has the best attack.

That was not a stat mate. it was an unfounded and easily refutable inaccuracy.

If you are interested in a great stats site whoscored has in depth analysis of all main leagues and players.

Looking at it means one can give accurate statistical analysis such as mine and not unfounded opinion such as dare I say it mate your suggeston in this post mate..

Madrid are probably a better team that Barca ( I am not a Barca or Madrid fan ) but this is despite Ronaldo's wastefulness not because of it.

You can tell when madrid drop points. All the madrid/ronaldo haters come out of hiding.
Imagine what it's going to be like when Barcelona overtake them and win the league

If you are interested in a great stats site whoscored has in depth analysis of all main leagues and players.

Looking at it means one can give accurate statistical analysis such as mine and not unfounded opinion such as dare I say it mate your suggeston in this post mate..

Madrid are probably a better team that Barca ( I am not a Barca or Madrid fan ) but this is despite Ronaldo's wastefulness not because of it.
Whoscored is great but its not the be-all and end-all of analysis.

For example it rated Debuchy as the best right back in the world 2 seasons ago.

Are you understanding what I'm trying to say though?

If you score the most, and could score more, why not? Obviously more would have helped last night is my point.
I know what you are trying to say.

I'm saying I wouldn't hit the panic button after one game against Villareal.

You can't say if we change our style we'd score more goals

Whoscored is great but its not the be-all and end-all of analysis.

For example it rated Debuchy as the best right back in the world 2 seasons ago.

Of course it is not perfect mate. Nothing is. it is however a generally accurate attempt to provide in depth analysis. Its ratings are a serious attempt to create a workable efficiency rating as in basketball. Judging a player by his long term whoscored rating is just about as fair and objective analysis as there is.

It from opta, the enemy of whoscored

If we already score the most goals I don't see the need to change attacking strategy.
If you're going all out attack, you could be susceptible to the counter attack and concede goals.

Some games your strikers go cold (look at Arsenal vs Monaco)
If you have a good defensive foundation, those sort of games you can grind out a draw and at least pick up something.

Sure, when they're hot you blow them out, but in the grand scheme of things, 5-2 wins vs 3-0 wins are insignificant.

It's 0-0 draws are better than 0-2 losses.

It's why an attacking gameplan can lead to failure.
It's probably why Liverpool failed to win the league last year, they couldn't defend to hold teams like Crystal Palace to lower scores because they were TOO attacking.

Scoring the most goals is helpful, but if it's detrimental to your defensive abilities, is it really worth it?

ps. Sorry for using English examples in a La Liga thread.

Oh look Real Madrid are crumbling, didn't see that one coming lol.

They are awful this year and the wheels have well and truly fallen off. They have amassed a grand total of one goal in their passed two La Liga games. Hilarious.

Time to sell their best players and spend £200m on more shiny new attackers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh look Real Madrid are crumbling, didn't see that one coming lol.

They are awful this year and the wheels have well and truly fallen off. They have amassed a grand total of one goal in their passed two La Liga games. Hilarious.

Time to sell their best players and spend £200m on more shiny new attackers!

Far too early to write them off mate. they are not playing well but foolish to think there won't be a regression to the mean....the mean for RM being almost 3 points per game. I make Barcelona favourites now but they did a Malaga a couple of games back....both giants are vulnerable.

Far too early to write them off mate. they are not playing well but foolish to think there won't be a regression to the mean....the mean for RM being almost 3 points per game. I make Barcelona favourites now but they did a Malaga a couple of games back....both giants are vulnerable.
Real Madrid are so bad have you even watched them play this year? Probably dropped to the 6th best side in the world:
1. Barcelona
2. Bayern
3. Chelsea
4. Atletico
5. Man City
6. Real Madrid

Suarez streak without a goal continues. Only 3 Barca strikers have performed worse than him in the last 50 years. They sold Alexis for this. The rest of Europe must be laughing
They spent record transfer on Suarez but he's going the way of Etoo, Zlatan, Villa and Aguero for Argentina.
Barca should just cut Messi loose. I don't think it matters if they can't bring anyone in for 2 windows, doesn't look like they'll win titles in that time anyway. They'll still make the CL and get their revenue, so they've got nothing to lose by selling. Messi has been declining for 2 years so better to cash in now than wait till they're not banned.
Real cranking up the pressure on Barca and they just cracked. 1-1 Ronaldo
Not worried about Suarez because if he walks into the team they'd have to drop their best player Neymar.
Hahahahahahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back