Past Brock McLean

Remove this Banner Ad

Admire Brock for a lot of reasons but mainly for his persistence in giving it his all to get into the team last year.
This year wondering what has caught his attention as it does not appear to be fully focused on Footy.
He's a weird individual. Like a sensitive but crude new age bogan.

Good enough in my mind though to be a focused footballer but he simply making slow decisions. Few times the other night he didn't take the first option and it burnt us. With Curnow, Graham, Cripps all soon to be in the side he'll be wanting to get some good games together.

Anyone think his elavation into the leadership group might be impacting his game?

He was interviewed a couple of weeks ago & said at the beginning of the year he just wasn't enjoying footy. He said he had found a way to fix that - but it still isn't good to hear from a leader.

Definitely the last thing you want one of your leaders to say.
Hopefully his fix works for him. Otherwise I think the best thing to do would be to relinquish his role in the leadership group.

McLean reaches 150
“I underestimated how bad my ankle was,” McLean said.

“I just thought I’d have the surgery, do the rehab and get back to playing the way I was before that, but it probably took three years for my ankle to be fully back to normal again.

“There were a few challenges along the way like playing the VFL … it shows who you really are as a person when you’re going through the tough times rather than the good ones.”
McLean reaches 150

Officially delisted.

Carlton list changes

The Carlton Football Club has finalised changes to its playing list ahead of next month’s NAB AFL National Draft. Mitch Robinson, Brock McLean and Kane Lucas will not be offered contracts beyond 2014.

Carlton list changes

Thanks for your service, Brock. Injuries cruelled you of a greater role but you fought hard and you can be proud of that.

Oh, and thanks for that goal against Richmond. :thumbsu:

Despite the plenty of knocks against him, he worked very hard to get over his injuries and work his way back into the team and still give some years of good service.

Probably hampered by the game pushing itself into an almost overdrive speed, but his disposal was usually very reliable. Would have been a star in the 80's to mid 90's era.

Seems to have thrown the toys out of the cot with the delisting.

Not sure it's MMs job to call the players to say goodbye. That's why there's a list manager who makes the tough calls .... and the tough calls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back