Review #15: Chris Knights - Retired and done his knee again :(

Remove this Banner Ad

It will help no doubt, but (and it's only my opinion), there's others ahead of him in the pecking list now.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.
Going on the pecking order and not knowing how Knights will front up for round 1 I'd still give him a chance on proven skill if fit. However like you I'm not too concerned given up and comings but they don't show what Knights had in his day yet.

Going on the pecking order and not knowing how Knights will front up for round 1 I'd still give him a chance on proven skill if fit. However like you I'm not too concerned given up and comings but they don't show what Knights had in his day yet.

Gordon has shown something, and Lloyd has shown glimpses. But, you're right, they have shown nothing on Knights best. The issue with Knights best was it was maybe 5-6 years ago?

Chris goes out with a mates daughter and I have been fortunate enough to catch up with him a couple of times over lunch / BBQ at my mates. According to Chris he has had his best pre season in years, pre Adelaide injuries and is raring to go. I know this does not guarantee he'll make a successful return but he is personally confident that he is in as good a condition as possible at this stage of of the preseason. Touch wood all goes well for him. It will not be for lack of effort should he fail to regain a spot in our best 22.

Some said that he was too slow before he joined the club, but when he got in form he was definitely adding to our side
This year is his last of his 3 year contract, so either he stays fit and pushes for a new contract with some good form, or if he either breaks down or can't get into the side then he's gone, pretty simple. I hope he succeeds, but it will be an easy decision to part ways with him if he doesn't.

Some said that he was too slow before he joined the club, but when he got in form he was definitely adding to our side
This year is his last of his 3 year contract, so either he stays fit and pushes for a new contract with some good form, or if he either breaks down or can't get into the side then he's gone, pretty simple. I hope he succeeds, but it will be an easy decision to part ways with him if he doesn't.
Even if Chris has a good year, surely the club could not offer him a contract of more than a year at a time given his injury history.

Chris goes out with a mates daughter and I have been fortunate enough to catch up with him a couple of times over lunch / BBQ at my mates. According to Chris he has had his best pre season in years, pre Adelaide injuries and is raring to go. I know this does not guarantee he'll make a successful return but he is personally confident that he is in as good a condition as possible at this stage of of the preseason. Touch wood all goes well for him. It will not be for lack of effort should he fail to regain a spot in our best 22.

I'll back this up 100%.

I am happy to say I know Chris as well. I am proud to say, I consider him a mate. He has been managed and is managing his training really well. As sregit says, his body has never felt better in years. To those who write him off so quickly, I understand, why, due to his history but bloody hell, I hope he proves you wrong.

He is just simply a bloody good footballer, he knows he is up against it, to crack back into the side but I would not be surprised, his body willing, he is in our starting 22 come round one.

OK - from left field a little but....
If he manages to stay fit, how about a gig on the back-flank?
Is a quality kick & would distribute well from there.
Nah too much pressure for him as he's played forward / mid all his career plus he's never been super quick.

If he stays fit and gets to the form before injury he should push Foley, Madonna and Lennon very hard for that forward spot.

All we can hope for is for Hardwick to pick a team on form week in week out and Chris can work his way back in that way.

Nah too much pressure for him as he's played forward / mid all his career plus he's never been super quick.

If he stays fit and gets to the form before injury he should push Foley, Madonna and Lennon very hard for that forward spot.

All we can hope for is for Hardwick to pick a team on form week in week out and Chris can work his way back in that way.
Mmmm - maybe re. the pressure and lack of backline experience - dunno about the pace aspect.
Get's stated a lot that he is lacking speed but no AFL players are absolute Clydesdale's, all have sufficient toe.
Experienced smart players compensate through nous and a footy brain. (Wouldn't play him on nippy goal sneaks of course)

Still - I'm thinking Leon Cameron type... he went OK! (Albeit in a different era)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see Knights staying fit this season and making an impact in our forward line. I just have a feeling his AFL career isn't done and dusted yet.
He shall rise.
2jg83s5.gif

Still - I'm thinking Leon Cameron type... he went OK! (Albeit in a different era)

There really is something about Knights that reminds me of Cameron! Maybe they just look the same, maybe it's that smooth, composed movement and kicking.

Not sure I'd pick him on the HBF, but if he can push for a gig anywhere in the best 22, it'll certainly give us more class in our "depth" players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back