Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Dempsey was leading up at the ball against a very young side that is decimated with injury, low on confidence and has a very disorganised team defence. Y'all need to calm down.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Plus he's playing for his career. Had some real no-shows this season.

I still prefer Dempsey playing behind the ball giving us run and carry. If we get a KPF in the off season then I'd love to see a backline with

B: Carlisle Hooker Baguely
HB: Hibberd Hurley Dempsey

Not sure why we would want to go back to something that has not worked for the last 3 or 4 seasons.
If he has a future with us it will be as a forward.

Don't think the question mark on Dempsey was ever his ability, it's his mentality and associated commitment. Can he turn up and put in for another season?

If he stays, being a senior player he should have a form turn around that has him in the first 10-15 selections.

Any less or being a depth player and development of the youth would be hampered.

Had an average game but he was also unlucky a number of times. he got free in good position only for us to drop an easy mark and turn the ball over.
Will get rubbed out and it would be unlikely he will be around next year.
Personally i hope they give him a cheap 1 year deal, think he can be value as a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had an average game but he was also unlucky a number of times. he got free in good position only for us to drop an easy mark and turn the ball over.
Will get rubbed out and it would be unlikely he will be around next year.
Personally i hope they give him a cheap 1 year deal, think he can be value as a forward.

What number of list changes would you be looking at?

He was the big bad guy for that tackle but I felt for him.a bit,

Hes obviously playing for his career and has been told youre a fwd, you need to apply defensive pressure, he has been trying over and above to do it. Lids had danced one tackle and was taking the piss , could see demps wanted to make a point and stop him dead.

Clearly he never meant for the tackle to end that way, and he looked to feel horrible about it and will be punished. It's not his style though, he's not a dog type.

When Dempsey is on song and playing with confidence, he is a gun. Bulldogs have a half a dozen Dempsey types.

Hope we keep him.

List them.

He was the big bad guy for that tackle but I felt for him.a bit,

Hes obviously playing for his career and has been told youre a fwd, you need to apply defensive pressure, he has been trying over and above to do it. Lids had danced one tackle and was taking the piss , could see demps wanted to make a point and stop him dead.

Clearly he never meant for the tackle to end that way, and he looked to feel horrible about it and will be punished. It's not his style though, he's not a dog type.
Deledio dodged two tackles. was Demps supposed to allow him a third?

And those players are Dempsey types?

A tad confused, but ok!

Honestly - unless we somehow believe that we will turn around our fortunes in a big way next year I can't see how there's any value to retaining him given his age. He's borderline best 22 at best and he's probably only has about 2 or 3 years left at best (that's if the forward line experiment works long term).

His game today was meh and last week he was pretty good. For me though I'd rather give those games to Mckenna, Edwards, Fantasia, Langford and Laverde instead. I know they aren't all the same type of player but i think they will all spend time around that half forward flank and forward pocket position at various times.

As for the tackle - i think it was just really clumsy and he very much had a "what have i just done" moment right after it. It doesn't look like any serious damage was done though. He will cop a suspension for 1-2 games probably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back