Retired #17: Adam Cooney - Announces retirement and has cleaned out locker

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst. Recruit. Ever.

Richard Cole says 'hi'.

cole_funny_pics.jpg

Speed is probably the biggest concern (forwardline aside) that people have mentioned about our list. It is certainly the biggest concern mentioned with our midfield. If Cooney still has his pace it seems like a logical recruitment to improve the make up of our side.

I don't think our problem is foot speed, the speed and manner of our disposal is of greater concern as we either just throw it around or move it far too slowly due to a lack of leading players up the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do the following have in common:

Bartel/Ablett
Judd/Cousins
Aker/Black/Voss

It's not quite the same, but pretty cool nonetheless.

What did Cooney mean by the spongy floor? Was it a dig at the standard of the Dogs' facilities?

Bartel/Ablett
Judd/Cousins
Aker/Black/Voss

What did Cooney mean by the spongy floor? Was it a dig at the standard of the Dogs' facilities?

I think someone asked Dodoro why he thought Cooney chose us to move to. And he (dodoro) said he(Cooney) liked the cushy indoor surface or something which was a bit of a joke due to Cooneys dodgy knees.

Then a Journo followed up by asking Cooney whether it really was a reason he moved here.

I think someone asked Dodoro why he thought Cooney chose us to move to. And he (dodoro) said he(Cooney) liked the cushy indoor surface or something which was a bit of a joke due to Cooneys dodgy knees.

Then a Journo followed up by asking Cooney whether it really was a reason he moved here.

Lol! Actually yeah that sounds like Cooney.

I wonder if the same journo actually thinks his wife's ring really is a burger ring?

I see your Richard Cole and raise you a Ty Zantuck.

"I used to have a drink on a Saturday and Sunday, and pretty heavily I suppose. I should've trained harder and got off the sauce," - Doc Wheildon

Obviously did our due diligence on this one.

Attachments

• wheildon.jpg
    wheildon.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 7
Lol! Actually yeah that sounds like Cooney.

I wonder if the same journo actually thinks his wife's ring really is a burger ring?

Given Jon Ralph thinks he's an actual journalist anything is possible

Bartel/Ablett
Judd/Cousins
Aker/Black/Voss

I reckon he might have recognised the potential for it to be good for his knees? I wouldn't know how though...

Edit: just realised how late that answer was.

Richard Cole says 'hi'.

cole_funny_pics.jpg

I was gonna mention Cole but I thought it too obscure. Anyways, Cole never won a browlow, so...

youre also forgetting Ben Doolan, that was 76 games of explosive speed and brilliant skill right there.

Last edited:
"I used to have a drink on a Saturday and Sunday, and pretty heavily I suppose. I should've trained harder and got off the sauce," - Doc Wheildon

Obviously did our due diligence on this one.

I was a fan of his at Fitzroy. Remember him scoring a goal with a drop-kick once. Had no idea we tried to revive his career with pick 15 in the draft though! Imagine the fallout if that happened these days...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back