Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

He did state that he thought he had 'currency', so obviously money was a big factor

I think that was in the context of contract length ? But it may have been both?;)

With No Information but just opinion i would say it would be something like
year 1. - $550k
year 2. - $550k
year 3. - $550k + $112k Vets allowance = $662
Year 4. - $550k + $112k Vets allowance = $662

Total - $2.45 mil for 4 years
Maxwell on SEN has stated that the vets allowance is going, but I haven't heard this officially.

You're talking as if money is the only element in the decision making process. Are you Tony Abbot?

Things like lifestyle, family, success, friends, religion and location would come into why Alex took unders.

His family is settled and lives here.

His church life is based in Melbourne not Brisbane or Perth.

He wants success at Richmond with his mates and probably realises that if he takes less it allows us more options for an FA who could help with that success.

Not to mention Alex's own temperament where he is not particularly interested in money.
And his next contract increase( about 250k per year), represents a great increase in salary, so I think he is pretty happy and satisfied with the negotiation.

Maxwell on SEN has stated that the vets allowance is going, but I haven't heard this officially.
It might be going but if you sign up when its still in place it will be valid for the term of the contract , As it was when it got changed from being 50% of a vetrans salary - All contracts will be as the rule was when signed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-23/rance-right-to-be-penalised-for-throw-at-ump

A classy response from Rance. I thought the free kick paid against him for throwing the ball back was weak as water, especially since the umpire caught it easily.

Congrats on the re-signing and from keeping the purple thieves from laying their greasy hands on him. He had Kennedy's number for most of Friday's match but unfortunately got little/no help from his teammates in the cause.

You just spent the last half hour debating over whether Rance signed on top coin or not using the radio to support your position, I'm sure you have plenty in life to do. If that's all you have to add then maybe carry on with your life instead of getting so defensive and argumentative.
Woh that even burned me.

No homo but is Alex rance the legit most handsome looking man to ever play afl/vfl ? Height ,body ,face, humour , rich , imagine his lay count if he was single

Dont forget his musical ability as well. Just needs to round off his motor scooter skills, and he'd be the complete package.

Dont forget his musical ability as well. Just needs to round off his motor scooter skills, and he'd be the complete package.
Music ?? Wow , and dont forget he can fly a plane , I also think he is rivalling cotch for best hair at the club

It might be going but if you sign up when its still in place it will be valid for the term of the contract , As it was when it got changed from being 50% of a vetrans salary - All contracts will be as the rule was when signed
Actually no it wont. It is being abolished for good for the 2017 season, going by that link, which is why the 2 year lag time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back