Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like he has some massive offers in front of him that would activate tier 1. Much better result than him retiring and we get jack s**t, though it would be so Richmond like for it to happen.
True, if we are to believe the talk going around then it's about coin as much as opportunity for success to leave. If it happens. To be honset, I'm not all the caught up in it being the end of the world if he doesn't stay. Regardless of if he activates FA or just goes about knocking on doors telling fairy tales. It is what it is.

Preference being of course he stays and continues to play great football.

If he really loves the Tigers but is commitsd to retire he should accept the Freo offer, get us a compo and then after arriving at Fremantle decide to retire for religious reasons.
No one would challenge that!

If Rance leaves for his faith then so be it. Whilst exceptionally disappointing and has been probably our best defender in recent date, it's his choice.
I hope that he can knock on my door one day so that I can get him to sign my jumper.

Brilliant way of putting it.

I'm far from religious but could never hold it against a guy like Rance for following what he believes. He'll probably do a lot more good for a lot of people then i'll ever accomplish.

That all being said I'd still be shocked if he walked.

If Rance leaves for his faith then so be it. Whilst exceptionally disappointing and has been probably our best defender in recent date, it's his choice.
I hope that he can knock on my door one day so that I can slam the door in his face.

Ease up...that's a bit disrespectful :)

Last edited:
Will be the worst departure the game has ever seen if he does it for religious reasons and i'll certainly have no respect for him if so.
So what you are saying is that because you rate playing AFL (in particual for Richmond) higher than Rance may view other life choices, he is not worthy of respect for following them. As much as I don't rate religion, the bloke is allowed to live his life as he see's fit.

So what you are saying is that because you rate playing AFL (in particual for Richmond) higher than Rance may view other life choices, he is not worthy of respect for following them. As much as I don't rate religion, the bloke is allowed to live his life as he see's fit.

Nope. He has to do what I want him to.

If he really loves the Tigers but is commitsd to retire he should accept the Freo offer, get us a compo and then after arriving at Fremantle decide to retire for religious reasons.
No one would challenge that!
Just make sure we've cashed in the compo first before retiring so the corrupt AFL can't take it off us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can do both

Will be the worst departure the game has ever seen if he does it for religious reasons and i'll certainly have no respect for him if so.
With a attitude like that, I doubt your respect is something to be valued very highly;)

We are s**t everywhere let alone the defence. Dh is fighting for his life you think hell blood youth anyway? Hasn't in the past why start now. Watch Lennon get dropped this week in favour of loyd or gordon!
so you want to drop rance as well? really ? i cant believe this is even being mentioned, do you guys even have a brain? and also talking about blooding youth for the sake for blooding youth at this time of season?

you need to blood youth if they deserve it not just because they are young, you earn your games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back