Player Watch #18: Jake Melksham – back for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Must have taken them ages to make find the footage for the <2 minute Melksham highlights video on the MFC website.
Rather than putting up Melkshams highlights they should have just reposted Hogan's highlights for the year.

Rather than putting up Melkshams highlights they should have just reposted Hogan's highlights for the year.
Why must you make me masturbate?

Jake is now a Melbourne player so how about we all just shut the **** up, get behind him, and give him a chance to prove himself.

Good idea, everyone stop posting and come back in March.

Both ex Essendon players
Gillies played for Geelong?

Melksham was the ultimate tease as a supporter. One minute he'd waltz through 4 or 5 opposition players and nail a 60 metre goal and 5 minutes later he'll hit an opponent lace out in the corridor that causes a goal.

Melksham was the ultimate tease as a supporter. One minute he'd waltz through 4 or 5 opposition players and nail a 60 metre goal and 5 minutes later he'll hit an opponent lace out in the corridor that causes a goal.

I'm looking forward to this rollercoaster of emotions!

The club has targeted Melksham for a specific role, We were ranked 16th in inside 50's this year playing very defensive, Melksham would of ranked 3rd at our club in inside 50's with 65. Goodwin has stated we will be more attacking this year and I can see Melks having a big role driving the ball forward with his long booming kicks to the main man Hogan, more big chances for the Hulk to grab. Roos has proven over his time at Sydney he can get the best out of players and he's also done that at Melbourne with Dom Tyson and even more so Bernie Vince. Pick 25 might seem a bit much on face value but the guys in charge of the players at our club aren't stupid and the know what Melksham is capable of and I can see him playing a big role in the club for years to come.

You must not have watched our game against Essendon in 2013

You must not have watched our game against Essendon in 2013
I did, but have erased most Melbourne games from my memory. Was that the one where we actually beat you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did, but have erased most Melbourne games from my memory. Was that the one where we actually beat you?
I think that was that nail biting 150 point game.

Easily the worst player I've seen play over 100 games for the club. The only positive I can see in him is that he will stimulate a losing culture at the club so you can receive number one draft picks for the next 5 years.

People will tell you about his great kicking, that one Geelong game, his 2013 year. It's all over rated. I know you are all probably used to a lot of frustrating players at your club over the last 10 years or so, but I guarantee this guy will do extraordinary stuff that will turn your hair whiter than steamed rice.

I've never been a fan and his departure has been long overdue. I'm not having a dig, just a little warning to expect the worst and not get your hopes up... at all.

* all this positivity s**t, now that Toump has gone I need a new whipping boy and I can't think of anyone better than a guy whose nick name is a dairy product. I'm going to rip into the campaigner every chance I get, which by the sounds of it, will be often. Bring on 2016 :footy:

I was never keen on recruiting Melksham. Just like I wasn't keen on Lumumba.
25 seems overs however probably worth closer to 35 in previous drafts according to some. Essendon wouldn't have accepted our 3rd probably. Picks around 40 are apparently a lottery. So club happy to get 2 picks in early.
He'll add competitiveness and Goodwin rates him so maybe able to get the best out of him.

ugh.. id forgotten we'd picked up this guy.

just reminds me of Wendell from the simpsons for some reason

5aa1a5d1-00cb-4d62-8424-3d366dbf034b_412x232.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back