Past Kristian Jaksch

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people can't help themselves. Almost an indecent obsession.

Jaksch is not an option forward or back at the moment. He needs a work ethic before he plays the sort of football we require from him. Over summer he needs to train his arse off and get a body more befitting a footballer. Once he's turned himself into a beast and has second and third efforts then he plays where the team needs him.

He also needs to get into the gym and bulk up.
IMO he's shown something at both ends and i'm hoping that he can replace Hendo in a year or so.

Wouldn't mind seeing him have a go off a half forward flank or perhaps in the forward pocket. He's not a key position player, at least not yet but he's tall and seems to be a good runner. Perhaps he should be looking to play similar to Jack Gunston.

He could probably play off a wing, would be handy dropping back in defence and covering space. Got a fair bit to learn about playing in defence still.

Going to go out on a limb and say because that forward line existed in maybe 2 games in 2015 lol.

Compare that linup to a team like the Hawks who have no trouble scoring and its similar in style.
Tally up their averages and it doesn't look great. Hawks are superior because they don't let opposition numbers get back into their 50 quickly, and they operate with two quick smalls and a very quick medium player in Gunston up there.

Walker would be the Gunston equivalent, but then you've only got one quick small in Armfield.

Tally up their averages and it doesn't look great. Hawks are superior because they don't let opposition numbers get back into their 50 quickly, and they operate with two quick smalls and a very quick medium player in Gunston up there.

Walker would be the Gunston equivalent, but then you've only got one quick small in Armfield.
Yep, it has a lot to do with the midfielders and whole team's work ethic/strategy. Hoping Bolton addresses a lot of these issues.

Hopefully he can turn into a swingman and play both ends off the ground... #wishfulthinking

From memory the Bulldogs were into Jaksch as well, when we recruited him the club said he would need a couple of good pre-seasons to bulk up a bit. Would be handy as the third tall I think with the option of swinging him back if need be.

Far too early to be writing him off as a bad recruiting decision.

Gunston comparison is a good won. With the ability to meet the ball between half back, half forward. Before anything though he needs to realise how hard he has to work off the track to make it at AFL level. Talent alone won't make it.

He needs to grow a pair. He has talent, but by gosh is he sheepish out on the field. First course of action for BB and his assistants... give KJ a cup of HTFU, or else we're looking at another Luke Livingstone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needs to grow a pair. He has talent, but by gosh is he sheepish out on the field. First course of action for BB and his assistants... give KJ a cup of HTFU, or else we're looking at another Luke Livingstone.
Once he bulks up I hope we see a change. For someone who has been in the system for a couple of years when he came to Carlton he sure was skinny.

No reason why he won't.

Maybe............It didn't work for Patrick McCarthy though.

Would be very happy to see.............if not ripped muscles...........at least some definition on Kristian by February.
I recall saying that he won't get a game in 2015 given the physique when I first saw him at close range......:eek:

Better than seeing him come out of Maccas or KFC.
I don't think skin folds are his problem. I would rather see him with a whole bucket of KFC.

If it is any consolation I saw Gunston at a function on Friday night and he looked nothing like an athlete and at no point in his career has Waite had any semblance of upper body muscle tone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back