2002 V's 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, I don't deny he tried hard. He was very much a "Collingwood player". He just wasn't much good and we got to the finals despite McKee being our #1 ruck. It was mainly due to Buckley and Licuria snaring the opposing ruckman's tapouts.

We seem to have a lot more depth this year than 2002 and we have added bonus of quite a few players left over from 02 & 03 giving us more grand final experience than any other Vic team in the 8.

I think the point is that in '02 we weren't really running hot and Malthouse got us performing well above where we were expected to.

Hopefully, he can pull that off again this year.

How were Collingwood situated on the ladder at the end of round 15 in 2002???

Which teams did we have to play and where in the run homein 2002???

How many walk-up start players were un-available for a minimum of 6 games in the first 15 rounds of 2002???
weren't we second? I vaguely remember us falling in a heap towards the end, and limping into the finals

The trio never got the credit they deserved.

Freeborn was ultra consistent, had great disposal, could tag, provide rebound off HB, win his own ball in the midfield or boot a goal or two in attack. Ice cool under the pump and a finals performer.

Stunner was one of the main reasons why 2002 was what it was. He was lionhearted in the ruck.

Steinfort was effectively pushed out when Woewodin arrived and O'Bree returned from injury. Always handy, played tough and could win the ball. Good when the going was tough, too.
As mentioned before Stunner was screwed as soon as they brought the new ruck rules in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back