2004 AFL Draft: Which Group of 2 Players are the Best?

Which 3 groups are the best?

• Adelaide: Knights/van Berlo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane: Wood/Sherman

• Carlton: Russell/Blackwell

• Collingwood: Cloke/Rusling

• Essendon: Monfries/Slattery

• Fremantle: -/-

• Geelong: Egan/Ablett

• Hawthorn: Franklin/Lewis

• Kangaroos: Smith/Moran

• Melbourne: Bate/Dunn

• Port Power: Thomson/Willits

• Richmond: Deledio/Tambling

• St.Kilda: Gwilt/McQualter

• Sydney: Moore/-

• West Coast: Rosa/Morton

• Western Bulldogs: Griffen/Williams

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Deledio/Tambling
Franklin/Lewis
Ablett/Egan

The best would have to be Ablett/Egan considering the picks used to aquire them.

Special Mentions: Wood/Sherman, Knights/Van Berlo and Smith/Moran.

Deledio/Tambling
Franklin/Lewis
Ablett/Egan

The best would have to be Ablett/Egan considering the picks used to aquire them.

Special Mentions: Wood/Sherman, Knights/Van Berlo.
Yeh that's why I made it so you could pick 3 because obviously everyone will pick the Hawks, or maybe the Tigers, because they had such good picks.

The Cats did very well, in fact I wasn't even sure to put in Egan because they also picked Prismall.

Yeh that's why I made it so you could pick 3 because obviously everyone will pick the Hawks, or maybe the Tigers, because they had such good picks.

The Cats did very well, in fact I wasn't even sure to put in Egan because they also picked Prismall.
Well Egan is pretty much guarenteed a spot in the team every week whereas Prismall is getting bumped for Selwood ATM, so definately Egan.

I'd say that Harry O'Brien, who we took as a rookie that year, would probably make our crop ahead of Rusling.

Regardless, my votes went to Geelong, Hawthorn and Brisbane.

If you include rookies then RIchmond's best two are currently Deledio and Foley.

Deledio/Foley would go close to the best combination wouldn't it? Foley/Lewis and Deledio/Buddy are both pretty even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you talking about? Nathan Ablett is most definitely on his way to being special - Has definitely shown something.

And Egan is a gun.

What are you talking about? Nathan Ablett is most definitely on his way to being special - Has definitely shown something.

And Egan is a gun.
I said Egan is good, very good.

Ablett still looks a little timid and will need more time. There are definitely signs to suggest he could be a great key forward but he’s not there yet.

Blind as a bat mate.

Buddy> Deledio X2
Lewis> Foley X5 (And I'm a MASSIVE Foley fan)

Buddy over Deledio seems to be fashionable since the 9 goal match I guess, only Richmond supporters would pick Lids until it's Deledio's turn again. Funny how quickly Griffen dropped off though hey ;) Was in Sheahan's top 50 in the pre season lol.

The point I don't currently understand is that Lewis is 5 times the player Foley is? I mean he's the #1 clearance man in the AFL and averages over 25 possies just like Lewis, has way more pace and has to carry the burden of being his team's best midfielder (Lewis has at least Hodge and Mitchell getting all the attention). If Lewis is that much better then where is it? Just curious, not trolling.

Buddy over Deledio seems to be fashionable since the 9 goal match I guess, only Richmond supporters would pick Lids until it's Deledio's turn again. Funny how quickly Griffen dropped off though hey ;) Was in Sheahan's top 50 in the pre season lol.

The point I don't currently understand is that Lewis is 5 times the player Foley is? I mean he's the #1 clearance man in the AFL and averages over 25 possies just like Lewis, has way more pace and has to carry the burden of being his team's best midfielder (Lewis has at least Hodge and Mitchell getting all the attention). If Lewis is that much better then where is it? Just curious, not trolling.
Stats don't lie(In This Case Anyway), Foley averages 2.7 marks per game with 25.2 disposals and 4.1 Tackles per game not to mention the leading Clearance getter in the AFL, Lewis averages 7.2 Marks per game proving he gets less of the ball in packs than Foley, Lewis averages less disposals per game at 24.9 and also only averages 2.2 Tackles Per Game, and also with what Benny said Hodge and Mitchell would be the first players getting tags and the attention whereas Foley is our Best Mid by a long way.

So how does any of that make Lewis better than Foley let alone 5 times better?

Also Deledio and Franklin should not really get compared anyway as Deledio sets up goals and Franklin kicks them.

I said Egan is good, very good.

Ablett still looks a little timid and will need more time. There are definitely signs to suggest he could be a great key forward but he’s not there yet.

What a silly thing to say.
The majority of key forwards 'aren't there yet' in their 3rd year.

I went with Hawthorn, Richmond and Geelong.
Don't know how Adelaide has 20 votes in this.

I went Hawthorn, Geelong and Adelaide with Brisbane were stiff to miss my vote. However, like everyone else i am in love with my own and feel Trav and Rus can in the near future be among the best of the 2004 crop.

Back