2009-2010 NHL Playoffs

Remove this Banner Ad

How good was it seeing Roenick after the game? For those who missed it, or flicked off early he was saying how both clubs meant a lot to him (but we all know he's a Hawk at heart) and they say to him, "JR, you're getting a bit emotional." He pauses for a bit, holding back tears and says, "It's the Chicago Blackhawks, man." It was really emotional and awesome...until Mike Milbury ****s everything up.

[youtube]_ec8PNGt7N0[/youtube]

Michael Leighton you absolutely suck.

That is all.

Did a hell of a job getting them to the finals- let in some soft goals, but was p[ossibly the MVP for the team for the games he played up to the final.

Congrats to the Hawks on a well played series- fully deserving of the Cup.

Lord Stanley with an original six team- much as I'd love it in Philly, gotta like that- as long as it aint the Rangers!!!!!!

They have "big time" salary cap issues. I'm thinking it was now or never for them. Good for them for doing it "now". Will be interesting to see who they dump/trade in the offseason.
Yeah I was thinking the same, now or never. "big time" is putting it lightly haha. Those Huet and Campbell contracts are brutal lol.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=11&salary_cap_mil=58&salary_cap_thou=00&reload=Reload+Chart

$400k (assuming the cap is $58m next season) for Johnsson, Madden, Boynton, Burish, Ladd, Eager, Niemi, Hjarlmarsson just to name a few. Their hands are tied here and some teams are going to bend them over in trades maybe involving players like Sharp/Versteeg/Bolland as I seriously can't see anyone trading for Huet with his contract.

And I thought we were feeling the salary cap pinch hehehe.

Well done to the Hawks. They have a good lot of young players as did the Pens last year and they got it done. The city of Chicago loves its sports teams and they will enjoy this.

For Marian Hossa - You finally found a team that could carry your dead weight lame arse to a cup. Congrats:rolleyes:

I was listening to a podcast yesterday, apparently 23% of their salary cap goes to a spectator and a decent puck moving defenceman. :eek:
The good thing is that Hossa will be moving on to San Jose or Washington trying to coat tail his way to another cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear the Penguins are looking for wingers...
Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt that read "I tried to win the Stanley Cup and all I got was this lousy T-shirt because of some ****head mercenary who can't perform in the playoffs."

If I'm Shero I shop around Malkin, with Staal on the third line he is expendable, need to do something about the lack of depth and lack of quality on the wings. Would be interesting to see what they could get.

That $1.3 mil going to next year's cap for Toews Conn Smythe bonus just makes it all the tougher for the Hawks.

Well done to the Hawks, whilst I wasn't happy with how it was won (massive anti-climax when only Kaner knows its in, maybe Sharp did too) but they deserved it, great year, great story.

Gosh I'd love a Hjalmarsson on my team, just a great guy to have on your backend.

Another season done and dusted, like that.

If I'm Shero I shop around Malkin, with Staal on the third line he is expendable, need to do something about the lack of depth and lack of quality on the wings. Would be interesting to see what they could get.
What would you see as a fair price for Malkin?

What would you see as a fair price for Malkin?
I think that a Malkin would be a little out of anyone's price range. Could I interest you in a used Gonchar? I can make you a good deal. I'll even throw in a Guerin for free.

I think that a Malkin would be a little out of anyone's price range. Could I interest you in a used Gonchar? I can make you a good deal. I'll even throw in a Guerin for free.

Might be a bit difficult to trade a couple of UFA's...

I'd think Shero would take two top wingers ($4 million dollar range) and one or two first round draft picks for Malkin. He definitely needs to address the no wingers issue. Need to toughen up on the blue line as well. Gill and Scuderi were missed come play off time.

How about Malkin to Edmonton for the first round draft pick (Taylor Hall) and Sheldon Souray?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back