2010 Tour de France

Remove this Banner Ad

Stage two depends on how the peloton approaches it. I kinda favour a break but if there was any sprinter there at the end, it would be Freire or Hushovd. I've just taken a few long shots who should try a break today as you can get the KOM jersey today and hold it for a few days so a lot of teams will be interested.

So I've just thrown a couple bucks on the following the riders for shits and giggles.

Vogondy @ $251
Voeckler @ $51
Burghardt @ $151
Auge @ $67
Pineau @ $51

Hoping one of those riders try the break. Voeckler and Auge would be the most likely. I will wait for in-play betting and assess what is happening before I do any bigger bets. I have plucked out one head to head that I'm going to stick with.

5 units Hushovd over Petacchi @ $1.62

This is a dangerous betting stage, but if the pace is hard up the final climbs, I can't see Petacchi being there and Hushovd and Freire should be around the mark.

$5 on each of the following thanks to Sasquatch ...

Hushovd @ $13
Friere @ $9.60
McEwen @ $80
Pineau @ $90
Vogondy @ $200
Auge @ $240

Stage two depends on how the peloton approaches it. I kinda favour a break but if there was any sprinter there at the end, it would be Freire or Hushovd. I've just taken a few long shots who should try a break today as you can get the KOM jersey today and hold it for a few days so a lot of teams will be interested.

So I've just thrown a couple bucks on the following the riders for shits and giggles.

Vogondy @ $251
Voeckler @ $51
Burghardt @ $151
Auge @ $67
Pineau @ $51

Hoping one of those riders try the break. Voeckler and Auge would be the most likely. I will wait for in-play betting and assess what is happening before I do any bigger bets. I have plucked out one head to head that I'm going to stick with.

This is a dangerous betting stage, but if the pace is hard up the final climbs, I can't see Petacchi being there and Hushovd and Freire should be around the mark.

Pineau and Burghardt in the break of the day. Good sign!

I'll do live betting during the stage on a sprinter more than likely and a few others.

That Hushovd over Petacchi bet has got up. Petacchi is more than five minutes behind. Not sure on the winners yet. Hopefully the peloton catch Chavanel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Hushovd over Petacchi bet has got up. Petacchi is more than five minutes behind. Not sure on the winners yet. Hopefully the peloton catch Chavanel.

Hi Sasquatch

Thanks for your updates.

Apart from television, where are you getting your live updates?

I'm happy with that news, but the official website has Petacchi in 5th?:confused:

http://gaps.letour.fr/us.html

Top 12 on the stage

FRA.jpg
CHAVANEL Sylvain131QUICK STEP4h 40' 48" 2.
FRA.jpg
BOUET Maxime82AG2R LA MONDIALE4h 44' 44"+ 03' 56"3.
GER.jpg
WEGMANN Fabian149TEAM MILRAM4h 44' 44"+ 03' 56"4.
AUS.jpg
MC EWEN Robbie75KATUSHA TEAM4h 44' 44"+ 03' 56"5.
GER.jpg
KNEES Christian145TEAM MILRAM4h 44' 44"+ 03' 56"6.
BEL.jpg
ROELANDTS J*rgen108OMEGA PHARMA - LOTTO4h 44' 44"+ 03' 56"7.
NOR.jpg
HUSHOVD Thor95CERVELO TEST TEAM4h 44' 44"+ 03' 56"8.
GER.jpg
GERDEMANN Linus141TEAM MILRAM4h 44' 44"+ 03' 56"9.
FRA.jpg
LADAGNOUS Matthieu65FDJ4h 44' 44"+ 03' 56"10.
AUT.jpg
EISEL Bernhard112TEAM HTC - COLUMBIA4h 44' 44"+ 03' 56"11.
ESP.jpg
MORENO FERNANDEZ Daniel107OMEGA PHARMA - LOTTO4h 44' 44"+ 03' 56"12.
SUI.jpg
CANCELLARA Fabian13TEAM SAXO BANK4h 44' 44"+ 03' 56"

Vogondy @ $251
Voeckler @ $51
Burghardt @ $151
Auge @ $67
Pineau @ $51

A day in the green. Makes up for yesterday's day in the red. With the green result in the prologue, I'm up.

Contemplating whether or not I leave tomorrow's stage alone. Carnage everywhere. Early leans are Cancellara and Hushovd in head to heads.

Stage 3

5 units Maaskant over Wynants @ $1.55 (Unibet)

Maaskant is the better cobble rider IMO. Maaskant will probably be in the early break. Wynants is riding for Quick-Step so you can be assured that he won't be up the road. He'll be helping Chavanel all day.

3 units Flecha over Ballan @ $1.80 (Centrebet)

This is Flecha's type of terrain. He'll attack at some point today.

7 units Hushovd over McEwen @ $1.35 (Pinnacle)

McEwen was taken to hospital yesterday with a huge cut in his arm. Lost a lot of blood. He is continuing, but how well will he ride today? I can't see him being up there at the business end. If he is, I'll be surprised.

10 units Basso over Gesink @ $1.49 (Pinnacle)

The odds are still over 1.40 if anyone wants to play it. Gesink has a fractured arm. He is going to ride on today but I doubt he will finish. If he does, it will be near the back. Just got to hope he takes the start. If he does, then this bet will be won. If he doesn't, then it's refunded.

2.5 units Hushovd to win @ $5 (Sportingbet)
5.5 units Hushovd to place @ $2 (Sportingbet)

Hushovd will be fired up after yesterday. If a sprinter makes it to the finish with the main group, it's him.

.2 units Maaskant @ $34 (Bet365)

With Garmin having nothing to play for now that Farrar could pull out and Vande Velde has pulled out, they will be sending someone up the road. Their best classics rider in Maaskant will be the guy. If they don't send anyone up the road, I'll be surprised. Garmin might send Hesjedal up the road.

If anyone wants a good multi proposition, E-Mail Sportingbet; sports@sportingbet.com.au and see if they can put the Basso v Gesink and Hushovd v McEwen bets in the market. Say where they are from. Pinnacle and Bet365 and they might do it. Maybe the Maaskant over Wynants one too.

Stage 3 ...

$10 on Hushovd @ $5.70
$6 on Eisel @ $38
$5 on Roelandst @ $85
$4 on Luis Leon Sanchez @ $100

Stage 3

5 units Maaskant over Wynants @ $1.55 (Unibet)

Maaskant is the better cobble rider IMO. Maaskant will probably be in the early break. Wynants is riding for Quick-Step so you can be assured that he won't be up the road. He'll be helping Chavanel all day.

3 units Flecha over Ballan @ $1.80 (Centrebet)

This is Flecha's type of terrain. He'll attack at some point today.

7 units Hushovd over McEwen @ $1.35 (Pinnacle)

McEwen was taken to hospital yesterday with a huge cut in his arm. Lost a lot of blood. He is continuing, but how well will he ride today? I can't see him being up there at the business end. If he is, I'll be surprised.

10 units Basso over Gesink @ $1.49 (Pinnacle)

The odds are still over 1.40 if anyone wants to play it. Gesink has a fractured arm. He is going to ride on today but I doubt he will finish. If he does, it will be near the back. Just got to hope he takes the start. If he does, then this bet will be won. If he doesn't, then it's refunded.

2.5 units Hushovd to win @ $5 (Sportingbet)
5.5 units Hushovd to place @ $2 (Sportingbet)

Hushovd will be fired up after yesterday. If a sprinter makes it to the finish with the main group, it's him.

.2 units Maaskant @ $34 (Bet365)

With Garmin having nothing to play for now that Farrar could pull out and Vande Velde has pulled out, they will be sending someone up the road. Their best classics rider in Maaskant will be the guy. If they don't send anyone up the road, I'll be surprised. Garmin might send Hesjedal up the road.

If anyone wants a good multi proposition, E-Mail Sportingbet; sports@sportingbet.com.au and see if they can put the Basso v Gesink and Hushovd v McEwen bets in the market. Say where they are from. Pinnacle and Bet365 and they might do it. Maybe the Maaskant over Wynants one too.

Won Maaskant over Wynants
Won Hushovd over McEwen
Won Basso over Gesink (they finished in the same group. Luck there)
Won the Hushovd bets
Lost the Flecha bet
Lost the Maaskant to win bet

Great picks with the Thor to win and to place Sas. Jumped on those two as well.

Good stuff. I'll try and post my plays early tomorrow too but the early lean is Cav to win assuming he is fit. McEwen head to head and Hushovd head to heads would also be leans depending who they are up against. McEwen is riding great. Not good enough to win anymore, but a top three or five isn't out of the equation.

what's the go with Andy to beat Frank bet overall now? does it payout if Frank is unable to go anymore?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back