Mordi (colts)
East
TM's
Kanga's
Bear's
Saints
Bombers (colts)
Bombers

Early comp winners Bombers (colts) , Mordi (Sen)

Am I right in saying that clubs can bring in outside players? Is that going to lead to a large number of players from stronger leagues?

I doubt VFL players would be permitted, but some guys from MPNFL or EFL might be able to cross over fro a game or two.

Am I right in saying that clubs can bring in outside players? Is that going to lead to a large number of players from stronger leagues?

I doubt VFL players would be permitted, but some guys from MPNFL or EFL might be able to cross over fro a game or two.

I guess it's a good chance for clubs to have a look at players and vice virca if they've got recruits who haven't made up their mind.

Very well could be a couple of ring inn's Saint !!!

Should be not a bad couple of weeks of local footy.Not quite sure we will see the full strength sides on the park but a couple clubs are struggling to get practice games and it might be there only chance of a hit out before the real deal.

Its a shame that no clubs are playing from other league's :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Someone forgot to check/book the ground with local council :eek::eek::eek:

From the SFL website:

Unfortunately we wish to advise that the pre season competition scheduled for the next 3 weeks has been cancelled.
The SFL apologise for the inconvenience caused but unfortunately it is out of our control.

Do the SFL administration go out of their way to look incompetent or does it just come naturally? I think they need to put in an order for a class set of giant red noses, face paint and oversized shoes!

Do the SFL administration go out of their way to look incompetent or does it just come naturally? I think they need to put in an order for a class set of giant red noses, face paint and oversized shoes!

The league had the ground pulled from them yesterday by the City of Greater Dandenong council, absolutely no fault of the league.

Having been a club/victim of council decisions recently. I syympathise with them!

The league had the ground pulled from them yesterday by the City of Greater Dandenong council, absolutely no fault of the league.

Having been a club/victim of council decisions recently. I syympathise with them!

My understanding of the whole matter is that the league somehow forgot to ask for permission for the whole competition to take place, and are now trying to shift blame on everyone else except for themselves.

The SFL administration is the sole reason that this league is a joke, and until drastic changes occur, players will continue to leave in drones resulting in a pathetic standard of football, umpired by even more pathetic men in orange, and be governed by a group of a$$ clowns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the SFL website:

Unfortunately we wish to advise that the pre season competition scheduled for the next 3 weeks has been cancelled.
The SFL apologise for the inconvenience caused but unfortunately it is out of our control.

It was in your control. You just did not book the ground with council.

Eat some humble pie SFL !!!!

Ground was booked by SFL but a DDCA semi final was held there last weekend and then the COGD decided not to do any maintenance work on the ground until it was too late. Comp may still go ahead next week.

Ground was booked by SFL but a DDCA semi final was held there last weekend and then the COGD decided not to do any maintenance work on the ground until it was too late. Comp may still go ahead next week.

• The ground was not booked!!
  • Yes there was a cricket match the week before.
  • Yes the COGD said no. At 4pm Friday arvo when everyone relized it hadnt been booked and the council noticed that the ground had been marked out.

It's an issue of good faith, and a number of councils have not been acting in good faith. They discovered that life was easier during the drought and rather than work to maintain grounds, they are just keeping sport off them for as long as possible. Next week must be judging week for the "best maintained sportsgrounds". Honestly, they are in great shape this year, so they should be simply getting people on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back