Mega Thread 2012 List Management: Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can tell u this mate ur an idiot, i heard it from his best mate from lucknow, thats where he played before getting drafted, so we will see what the round 1 side will be

His best mate from Lucknow said he'd definitely be playing off the backline for Essendon in 2013?

Has he told Jimmy?

i can tell u this mate ur an idiot, i heard it from his best mate from lucknow, thats where he played before getting drafted, so we will see what the round 1 side will be
Yeah nar won't happen, who is he pushing off the ? enlighten as all. It's a shame u probably won't be posting on here come round1 next year to prove u wrong fool, hell we might only have to wait till the end of trade week.

Is anyone else a little annoyed we didn't get a little better deal for Gus considering Collingwood got bloody pick 17 for Wellingham ffs? I reckon Gus is and has been a far better footballer than Wellingham. Collingwood come away from that trade like thieves Imo..

Is anyone else a little annoyed we didn't get a little better deal for Gus considering Collingwood got bloody pick 17 for Wellingham ffs? I reckon Gus is and has been a far better footballer than Wellingham. Collingwood come away from that trade like thieves Imo..

Essendon's hands were tied considering he's a free-agent. We were lucky to get anything for him.

For what it's worth though I agree Wellingham for #17 is excessive.

Essendon's hands were tied considering he's a free-agent. We were lucky to get anything for him.

For what it's worth though I agree Wellingham for #17 is excessive.

Yeah, fair enough.. I'm just having a whinge. Just feels like we rolled over, let Port have their way and were left feeling like they loved us, but really it was just a root to them.. :(

As I have mentioned a page back, I see our weakness' as;
- KPP x 2 (Joe Daniher + 1 - potentially Tom Fields)
- small forward
- inside midfielder
- elite skilled half back flanker/small defender..

I guess picking an inside mid with 32 looks more likely to happen Slattery_20 than two talls with our first two picks as you mentioned.

I can just see us stuck in a rut in 3 years time, much like our rut we have, or going to have with our rucks..

Yoda

Seems like you are saying Pick 32 = best available.

No major issues with our midfield Watson, Goddard, Zaharakis, Stanton is a good first rotation - Then in the second rotation Howlett,Hocking,Heppell - Then Kavanagh, Colyer, Browne, davis as a third rotation.

Providing the 3rd to 5th yr players progress as expected our midfield is fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No major issues with our midfield Watson, Goddard, Zaharakis, Stanton is a good first rotation - Then in the second rotation Howlett,Hocking,Heppell - Then Kavanagh, Colyer, Browne, davis as a third rotation.

Providing the 3rd to 5th yr players progress as expected our midfield is fine.

Not to mention Melksham and Winderlich.

Midfield wise I don't think Essendon is as badly placed as many people make out. Zaka was a huge loss this year, and Winderlich adds a rotation too. Melksham had a disappointing year progression wise but I think he can still play an integral part in our midfield makeup.

Add Goddard to the mix and it makes for a pretty potent midfield.

Ummm not really because with the FA rule we got Goddard so i'm more than happy with a 3rd rounder

yeah we will seen ya knob

I think you need to approach this with a little more humility.

It wouldn't matter if Stevens' mum told you directly for a few reasons:

1. He ain't a great kick.
2. He ain't a defender and basically only plays midfield and we are not going to start with him as a defender unless he has the kick that would add something to our defensive mix.
3. Contrary to the popular view we are not a basket case that is in need of the wholesale change that trading in Stevens and guaranteeing him a game (let alone as a defender) suggests that you and some other seems to think we are.

You'll have to forgive everyone if your inside info looks like the pile of horse **** that it so very clearly looks like. If you're right then you can come and let us all know about it. I should say that Dodoro has confirmed that we are into Stevens but this doesn't mean that he is guaranteed a game and that we will look to play him out of position.

I think you need to approach this with a little more humility.

It wouldn't matter if Stevens' mum told you directly for a few reasons:

1. He ain't a great kick.
2. He ain't a defender and basically only plays midfield and we are not going to start with him as a defender unless he has the kick that would add something to our defensive mix.
3. Contrary to the popular view we are not a basket case that is in need of the wholesale change that trading in Stevens and guaranteeing him a game (let alone as a defender) suggests that you and some other seems to think we are.

You'll have to forgive everyone if your inside info looks like the pile of horse **** that it so very clearly looks like. If you're right then you can come and let us all know about it. I should say that Dodoro has confirmed that we are into Stevens but this doesn't mean that he is guaranteed a game and that we will look to play him out of position.

Part of Koby's appeal to the club is his versatility, his predominant position is as an inside mid, however, as a junior he played half back and half forward as well.

Part of Koby's appeal to the club is his versatility, his predominant position is as an inside mid, however, as a junior he played half back and half forward as well.

Do you think we'll get him?

For those who don't know, willie is one of the posters definitely worth listening to on stuff like this.

They really should be getting into people's good books. They're going to be doing a stack of trading in the next decade and are not helping their own cause by driving the hard bargain every time. It's one thing to pick a high starting point for the sake of the negotiation, but to maintain it, is something else...

Aaaand Choco.

Aaaand CCC.

Aaaand Dimma.

Aaaand Gussy. Will never get over that one.

and a few more - Rob Forster-knight / Jay Nash / Scott Cummings.

oh Wanganeen...99' and 01' would've looked a whole lot better with him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back