Mega Thread 2012 List Management: Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s from WA, the media will automatically link you guys and Freo.

Can’t see him being a priority for the Eagles.

He's certainly a talent, if he remains uninjured.
I mean I'd like him but I'm not sure we need him.
A forward line of Gumbleton/Kennedy/Ruckman/Darling is pretty tall.
Mind you Lynch played tall and I'm sure that Gumbleton is more than capable of matching Lynch's output at the least.

RE:Ben Howlett

He's my favorite Bombers player. Goes out, does his job each week, no fuss, no glory. Really loved seeing him improve his output from the spread at stoppages this year. Really enjoyed him using the ball in dangerous positions and going inside 50.

Gumby would cost a 2nd rounder, however we would take a 3rd rounder (instead of nothing - should he walk) in a heartbeat..

RE:Ben Howlett

He's my favorite Bombers player. Goes out, does his job each week, no fuss, no glory. Really loved seeing him improve his output from the spread at stoppages this year. Really enjoyed him using the ball in dangerous positions and going inside 50.

Still feel like his ranking in the B&F did not reflect his output for the year.

Why is it that when people rate our midfield as it will be in 2013 and beyond, they factor in every player improving other than Howlett? Ben is only 23 and coming into his 3rd preseason after being a tackling machine in 2012. He puts so much pressure on the opposition ball carriers, which is vital. Imagine if he wasn't there this year, we'd be calling for all our defenders to be traded, including Fletcher!

I can't understand the logic behind the argument. If we had a midfield full of clones of any mid on our list it wouldnt be balanced. Howlett plays a vital role for us at only 23. If we are contending for a flag and Howlett is not good enough to get a spot, our midfield group would have improved out of sight, which would be a very happy time. Until then, Howlett gets a game each week.

Gumby would cost a 2nd rounder, however we would take a 3rd rounder (instead of nothing - should he walk) in a heartbeat..

No, no we wouldn't.

Do you know of anyone is playing professional sport with a big endurance focus that has a pacemaker? Honest question, not a smart arse one.

The whole thing certainly makes it a big risk and imo it is one I don't want to take and would need some serious convincing otherwise. Identifying someone in this situation that has come good would go a long way towards convincing me he could be worth the risk assuming he comes cheaply.

I have to agree anything with the heart makes you very speculative, but if you understand the technical aspects of the condition, its really not an issue, given that he has a pacemaker. There isn't a great deal of information out there, however, I found a research article which tested pacemaker function in long-distance runners (about as endurance based as possible) and the results were that it did not affect performance - performance was only dictated by the amount of training conducted and the level of conditioning reached by training. Definitely some food for thought here.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2497157/

There's the link if you would like to check it out.

I have to agree anything with the heart makes you very speculative, but if you understand the technical aspects of the condition, its really not an issue, given that he has a pacemaker. There isn't a great deal of information out there, however, I found a research article which tested pacemaker function in long-distance runners (about as endurance based as possible) and the results were that it did not affect performance - performance was only dictated by the amount of training conducted and the level of conditioning reached by training. Definitely some food for thought here.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2497157/

There's the link if you would like to check it out.

He will have to quit AFL if he gets a pacemaker...

What would Gumbleton cost us?
I would say your first round pick is what we would have asked (had it not been spent) and your second round pick would have been what you'd offer.
If it had to pass, we'd probably settle for your 2nd round pick, and an ugrade on another. IMO.

Do you know of anyone is playing professional sport with a big endurance focus that has a pacemaker? Honest question, not a smart arse one.

The whole thing certainly makes it a big risk and imo it is one I don't want to take and would need some serious convincing otherwise. Identifying someone in this situation that has come good would go a long way towards convincing me he could be worth the risk assuming he comes cheaply.
I don't believe the pacemaker is in question. I would've thought he would not be getting a pacemaker if he were to continue with AFL footy, given risks with contact sport. He would have to build up his fitness working with the limitations he has (which I'm guessing is on the more mild end of the scale for that condition given he's got as far as he has in sport).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bastard has sucked me in on more than one occasion with Supercoach. Beauty, this time Sylvia will continue like he has the last fortnight. Alas, trade wasted.

If they burn me in SuperCoach I most defintely do not want. Too much baggage (for me).

Well yes Sylvia is a perfect 2-3 game wonder each season, everyone thinks he is elite and then he goes back to spudding it up

Was Cruize Garlett the guy that we refused to man up and let destroy us in the second North game?

Yes, we were all so distracted by petries decoy work that we didn't even notice him

who were the two players Wallace mentioned Essendon as being intoon TWR?
I assume one of them was Stevens

who were the two players Wallace mentioned Essendon as being intoon TWR?
I assume one of them was Stevens

Gysberts/Jacobs/Stephens.

Said that Jacobs and Stephens are the best fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back