Mega Thread 2012 List Management: Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, you can get one only of Jacobs/Gysberts/Stevens for a 3rd round pick. One only. "None of the above and go to the draft" is also an option. What do you do? Go.

Im critical of Jacobs and Stevens disposal, but I too have a short memory that once our Captain and now Brownlow medalist was also a very very ordinary kick, maybe they could learn a thing or two from Jobe which would benefit our club in the future but i'd put Jacobs clearly ahead of Stevens.

Gysberts needs more grunt but is better with his disposal.

1. Jacobs
2. Gysberts
3. Stevens

People saying Jobe was a bad kick are incorrect. His technique was always sound he just lacked the confidence to use the ball by foot.

If there's a ball drop deficiency or another fundamental error in the kicking action of a player it's almost impossible to correct.

With the 3 players mentioned..all have potenial for us...but has anyone heard ANYTHING from the EFC in the last 2-3 days about us trading for one of these guys?

Ok, you can get one only of Jacobs/Gysberts/Stevens for a 3rd round pick. One only. "None of the above and go to the draft" is also an option. What do you do? Go.
Gysberts.

Gysberts more of an outside mid isnt he? also a very poor kick has some technique issues.

Jacobs considered one of the best users and decision makers prior to the draft of the crop. Has also shown he can win plenty of the ball 47 posses vs SA who were the best team that year from memory and has had some real solid numbers for port playing more down back. His kicking efficiancy has been poor so far at AFL level but he has no flaws with his technique. He also has the added versatility in that he can play anywhere on the field unlike the other 2.

Stevens isnt even considered. We already have about 6 of him in our team.

Fremantle have discussed Broughton in trade talks.
Wouldn't mind him, but to get it done it would prob come at the expense of Gumby. :(
I'd think that we would eventually win out on a broughton for gumby. Don't want gumby to leave but if we got broughton in return I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Fremantle have discussed Broughton in trade talks.
Wouldn't mind him, but to get it done it would prob come at the expense of Gumby. :(

And more. As much as we rate Gumby (including myself), we wont get a straight swap for Broughton. Out of the names that are options are Freo for trade, he is by far the one that I want. We would play him in his right position too :cool:

Broughton for Gumbleton would be highway robbery. No way Fremantle would allow it to happen.
sometimes you have to give a little to get a little-not saying that Gumby is now going to be able to net us anything we like but Freo are in desperate need of a tall fwd, I think we should be able to get the deal done especially if we throw in a draft pick-
that said if Gumby leaves ill march up to Freo, drag him back by his ears and send him to bed without supper!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found it humorous when earlier in this thread we had people wanting Essendon to trade for Rodan. He fills no need for us on our list, he would be a list clogger! The only value Rodan gives Essendon, even for free in the PSD is guaranteeing us to have the best segment on The Footy Show's grand final players review.

I like Usher, but I dont want him to be on Essendon's list.

'IF' Gumbleton decides that he is going to walk to the PSD and we get nothing for him, I would consider trading Gumby and pick 32 for Broughton. My theory in this situation is that Gumby would walk and we get nothing. This way we could look at it like we're getting Broughton for pick 32, which is unders.

Please read my post properly before you start hatin on me.

Id have gysberts, Stevens and Jacobs are all on a par for me, (in terms of want, not in terms of worth).
Jacobs is a big lad, but I'm not as big a fan as some others, but has obvious potential. Wouldn't give more than our 3rd for him.
Gysberts has massive upside, but hes an inside mid with cale Morton's body, a couple of big pre seasons in the gym and you have a real gem, has a great ability to rack it up bigtime, and can kick a goal.
Stevens is the most interesting one for mine. I feel like he's the most attainable, yet also has a good deal of upside as well.
Has been asked to come on as a sub for the weagles, and that really isn't his go. I kinda liken him to jpk in terms of style, and I don't think his kicking is as bad as others think, its by no means amazing, but there doesn't seem to be any major technical flaws there.
For pick 48, he's essentially our monfries compo, which would be a huge win.

Stevens is the least interesting to me - just not as good as Jacobs or Gysberts. Pick 32 for either of them would be a decent trade. Jacobs is far more likely to become a JPK-style success than Stevens. (please don't bookmark this and quote me if Stevens becomes a gun)

What is his right position? Isn't he a defender?

A Fremantle supporter might have a different opinion on this, which they're welcomed to give.

Broughton is a tough on. He plays such a good defensive role at either end of the ground that Freo have to play him as a lock down defender or forward. He does this better than their current options. The problem with using him there is he's a good user of the ball.

I have had this discussion with Colin D'Cops and we differ a little, but I'd play Broughton as a mid as much as we could, but knowing that he is versatile. Much how he is used now, but more mid time.

Broughton is a small defender who has the ability to run across half-back and the midfield, and do it well.

Was thrown up forward a few times this year, but I don't think he's comfortable playing there.

I also don't see in any way how Fremantle would be interested in trading him. He's always rumoured as a trading chip, though. As far as I know, the only site mentioning trading him is afl.com.au, but it seems like a unsubtantiated rumour. Not much info coming out of FFC, these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back