Mega Thread 2012 List Management: Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look Pears would be considered but I hope not, similar to Mitch Brown at the Eagles...he is the logical replacement for Fletcher!

Logical??? at his best yes, but thats been a few years now.

His only solace is Tom Lonergan took a few years to gain confidence in becoming a premier defender after his injury but I woukd say we are hopeful Pears will be our FB.

Right now I think Hurley is the logical replacement for Fletch.

Logical??? at his best yes, but thats been a few years now.

His only solace is Tom Lonergan took a few years to gain confidence in becoming a premier defender after his injury but I woukd say we are hopeful Pears will be our FB.

Right now I think Hurley is the logical replacement for Fletch.

Depends where Hurley fits in, I prefer Hurley back too but that doesn't necessarily push Pears out, Scarlett has played with Harry Taylor for 4 years or whatever, I actually like Pears groomed as a running fullback.

In my eyes, we are going to have to find ourselves a pick in that 15 - 25 range to potentially on trade it for Gysberts..

I think we are all but done at the trade table tbh, perhaps a minor player departure (Dyson + 87 > pick 60. For example), but nothing major..

I kinda hope that we're done. We have secured an A grade mid for free and have chased the guys we have mentioned for the price that we were willing to pay. It wasn't good enough so we walked away, which was the smart thing to do because of the asking price.

We "may have wanted" some of the players, but not for the asking price. You dont pay double the price for a house just because you like it. What you're willing to pay for something governs just how much you want what you're after. We wanted Goddard so we paid for him. We "want" other players, but not for what the vendor is asking.

If we don't do anything more in this years trade period we would have to very happy with how we've done.

In my eyes, we are going to have to find ourselves a pick in that 15 - 25 range to potentially on trade it for Gysberts..

I think we are all but done at the trade table tbh, perhaps a minor player departure (Dyson + 87 > pick 60. For example), but nothing major..

Pick 15 for a guy that has played 1 good game in FOUR YEARS.....how the hell is that possible....if that is the going rate our whole list is worth frst rounders! He was fit last season and he could barely get a game...in a team that was rubbish...what does that say to you!

I kinda hope that we're done. We have secured an A grade mid for free and have chased the guys we have mentioned for the price that we were willing to pay. It wasn't good enough so we walked away, which was the smart thing to do because of the asking price.

We "may have wanted" some of the players, but not for the asking price. You dont pay double the price for a house just because you like it. What you're willing to pay for something governs just how much you want what you're after. We wanted Goddard so we paid for him. We "want" other players, but not for what the vendor is asking.

If we don't do anything more in this years trade period we would have to very happy with how we've done.

Yes, but I still want us to to open for trades, even if they are pick upgrades, they are the ones we should be going for, lets hope we can shift our 2nd rounder up or our 3rd rounder up a bit.

Yes, but I still want us to to open for trades, even if they are pick upgrades, they are the ones we should be going for, lets hope we can shift our 2nd rounder up or our 3rd rounder up a bit.

Well I'd like a lot of things, but not all of them are realistic. What you're suggesting is lovely, and I fully agree that it would be great to upgrade all our pick, or even 1 of them, but how? For the guys mentioned and what the clubs have asked for those players, I am happy to walk away.

Want, need and realistic are all very different. Realistically, I am happy if we have no further part in trade period unless the landscape changes drastically. We need to learn when to be happy as supporters and not equate the amount of trade completed as a pass or fail mark. Right now we have a pass mark, lets be happy with that.

i know they got pick 20 and 45 as part of the dawes deal but how the f**k did collingwood end up with f***ing picks 17, 18, 20, 45??? this is bullshit. they'll get another couple of beams and sidebottoms :mad:

Well I'd like a lot of things, but not all of them are realistic. What you're suggesting is lovely, and I fully agree that it would be great to upgrade all our pick, or even 1 of them, but how? For the guys mentioned and what the clubs have asked for those players, I am happy to walk away.

Want, need and realistic are all very different. Realistically, I am happy if we have no further part in trade period unless the landscape changes drastically. We need to learn when to be happy as supporters and not equate the amount of trade completed as a pass or fail mark. Right now we have a pass mark, lets be happy with that.

Look lets be honest here Dyson is steak nives, but if we can upgrade 48, to say 40, we have done well. These are the sort of trades that we need to be open to. There are players we are going to delist, that might get a late upgrade, even a 4th round upgrade. It is what Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney do so well, upgrading late picks.

i know they got pick 20 and 45 as part of the dawes deal but how the f**k did collingwood end up with f***ing picks 17, 18, 20, 45??? this is bullshit. they'll get another couple of beams and sidebottoms :mad:

Well they were more happy to sell their key forward and one of their prime midfielders and they have the depth to do this. You are right though, this is a midfield draft and they could get a gun midfield. I will lose it if they get Jesse Stringer!

Look lets be honest here Dyson is steak nives, but if we can upgrade 48, to say 40, we have done well. These are the sort of trades that we need to be open to. There are players we are going to delist, that might get a late upgrade, even a 4th round upgrade. It is what Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney do so well, upgrading late picks.

Really? In your opinion it would be a win if we upgraded 8 spots from 48 to 40 and lost Dyson? You want to upgrade a 3rd round pick by 8 spots to see Dyson leave? I dont know what to say to that. I strongly disagree with your thinking.

Really? In your opinion it would be a win if we upgraded 8 spots from 48 to 40 and lost Dyson? You want to upgrade a 3rd round pick by 8 spots to see Dyson leave? I dont know what to say to that. I strongly disagree with your thinking.

Lets be realistic here, is Ricky Dyson in our next premiership, that is the question. In my view no, so lets see what he can get and anything is better than nothing next year when he can walk.

If we delist a player they become a free agent. Why would another club downgrade their own pick when they could get him for free. Sure it looks good from Essendon's point of view, but there is a reason why it isn't happening. (Other clubs aren't stupid).

If we delist a player they become a free agent. Why would another club downgrade their own pick when they could get him for free. Sure it looks good from Essendon's point of view, but there is a reason why it isn't happening. (Other clubs aren't stupid).

Dyson has a deal though, next year we would get bugger all. This year is what I am talking about- lets use him as steak knives and see what we get!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets be realistic here, is Ricky Dyson in our next premiership, that is the question. In my view no, so lets see what he can get and anything is better than nothing next year when he can walk.
The old "he's not going to be in our next premiership side" argument. Right. Lets trade him for nothing and see what we get. If that players s**t, we'll just give him away for nothing in 2 years. Rinse and repeat.

I'm not sure if you're trolling me or not? You want to trade a guy in our best 21-23 for a 8 pick upgrade in the 3rd round of the draft? Okey mete

The old "he's not going to be in our next premiership side" argument. Right. Lets trade him for nothing and see what we get. If that players s**t, we'll just give him away for nothing in 2 years. Rinse and repeat.

I'm not sure if you're trolling me or not? You want to trade a guy in our best 21-23 for a 8 pick upgrade in the 3rd round of the draft? Okey mete

I'd prefer the upgrade in our second round, and it is a fair option. I would prefer Brown, etc, be playing a Dyson not, we have to test the draft and draft better players than Dyson, having average players will not win flags, especially in a key position. We could do worse than trade Dyson for Freo's 2nd rounder, having 2 2nd rounders is good business.

I'd prefer the upgrade in our second round, and it is a fair option. I would prefer Brown, etc, be playing a Dyson not, we have to test the draft and draft better players than Dyson, having average players will not win flags, especially in a key position. We could do worse than trade Dyson for Freo's 2nd rounder, having 2 2nd rounders is good business.

Mate, I'm sure you're a nice guy and have been around BF for a while, so I respect that. I just have a very different view to you on this topic, that's all. I'm not going to spend 10 pages debating the subject, we will just have to agree to disagree. It's good that you have your own thoughts behind your opinions though :)

every premiership team has their role players, dyson will probably not be in our next flag team, however that doesn't mean that you just ship him out for s**t all just for the sake of it. Dyson does one thing well, and it happens to be the very thing we seem to lack, which is kick the ball incredibly well.

If we trade out all the players that aren't best 22, we have no farking depth...it's can't be that hard to grasp can it?

Mate, I'm sure you're a nice guy and have been around BF for a while, so I respect that. I just have a very different view to you on this topic, that's all. I'm not going to spend 10 pages debating the subject, we will just have to agree to disagree. It's good that you have your own thoughts behind your opinions though :)

Happy to agree to disagree, I just find players like Dyson can get good value at the trade table...hell Jay Nash got a 2nd rounder. Who knows what Freo will give us for him, what is the harm in trying.

every premiership team has their role players, dyson will probably not be in our next flag team, however that doesn't mean that you just ship him out for s**t all just for the sake of it. Dyson does one thing well, and it happens to be the very thing we seem to lack, which is kick the ball incredibly well.

If we trade out all the players that aren't best 22, we have no farking depth...it's can't be that hard to grasp can it?

Yes but the role players are better than Ricky Dyson, lets be honest and realistic here. We will still have depth if we trade him....we get something for trading him!

Draft picks > Players (especially those in their 20s = old)

Bombersno1 is hopelessly addicted to the draft :p She believes the season is just something that happens between the trading and recruiting period.

Draft picks > Players (especially those in their 20s = old)

Bombersno1 is hopelessly addicted to the draft :p She believes the season is just something that happens between the trading and recruiting period.

Maybe because the only way you improve your side is to DRAFT or TRADE elite players and considering the last option is as rare as anything, lets stick with the draft. We need to find the next Dayne Beams, Dane Swan, Adam Goodes, Daniel Hannerberry, Kieran Jack, etc. We can't do that if we have bugger all picks. This is a midfield draft, where we are lacking, you will get a better mid at 30 than you will at 50!

Maybe because the only way you improve your side is to DRAFT or TRADE elite players and considering the last option is as rare as anything, lets stick with the draft. We need to find the next Dayne Beams, Dane Swan, Adam Goodes, Daniel Hannerberry, Kieran Jack, etc. We can't do that if we have bugger all picks. This is a midfield draft, where we are lacking, you will get a better mid at 30 than you will at 50!

Not one on those players was even a first round pick. Swan and Goodes were 58 and 43 respectively. Jack was pick 57 of the rookie draft....

No-one drafts elite players, that's a wildly inaccurate thing to say, and to completely write off bringing in elite talent via trading is equally as silly.

Would Sydney be as good if they didn't trade for J.Kennedy, T.Richards, S.Mumford, R.Shaw?

Collingwood without D.Jolly or L.Ball?

Ricky Dyson....#### me dead. There's still people out there backing him.

Un- ####ing- believable.

Guys face it, every player in Essendon's eyes are vital.

They said Pears and Gumby are key players (not in exact words, but paraphrasing). No interest has arisen from any other player coming out of contract.

We think asking prices are too high for guys such as Stevens.. (Caddy was unrealistic and I agree), but unless we are prepared to accept a bottom range draft pick for the likes of Dyson (no club will offer a 2nd rounder) we might as well pack up our bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back