2012 SEQAFL Division 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just from what I witnessed, didn't think they would be major improvers... Not saying they won't be hard to beat but not great improvers? You from Ipswich?

Mighty I think that forty odd shots to six was a pretty fair indication, plus the heat really took its toll.

On a rough count there would at least eight to ten players missing from the Eagles side, plus a couple of young guys that will play Rd 1 were in twos to give them a run. Having seen the Eagles over a number of years I think it's some great signs. Big fella at full forward will kick a motsa this year, plus some other solid additions will see a really big improvement from them this year.

We had a hit out against surfers on saturday morning. They played everyone they thought to be outside of their best 22 ish. So basically played their reserves squad and players they weren't sure of yet, ie, new to the club.

Couldnt read much into it as they rotated probably 30-40 blokes at a guess and we had roughly 30 odd ourselves. They dominated us in the 1st quarter and then from there it was quite even. The biggest difference between them and us, was superior fitness.
I believe there was an old bloke playing in the middle for the buffs who goes ok. Apparently knows how to kick the odd goal too. If he plays the season he will dominate that division again like a few years ago in a senior finals campaign for a different club. The guy is a champion bloke to go with it too!

Anyone catch the score?

Score was 59 to 39, wasn't the pantsing that paddlepop suggested it would be. Roosters did ok, considering we had no recognised ruckman available for the day plus half a dozen senior players unavailable and let's be honest it wasn't the flashiest of games going round. But at the chook pen we took what we needed out of it. Big test against Coomera first round. Can not come around quick enough.

it was aspleys full division 2 senoir side besides 2-3 ppl out for work. there reserves side had a practice match at the same time somewhere is brisbane.

was a good hitout 2 weeks before the season

Assjar, ive been told that aspley had more than 2-3 players out.

From all reports the aspley team played no where near as well as they would have liked and played a lot better the week prior v Yeronga with a similar side

I believe there was an old bloke playing in the middle for the buffs who goes ok. Apparently knows how to kick the odd goal too. If he plays the season he will dominate that division again like a few years ago in a senior finals campaign for a different club. The guy is a champion bloke to go with it too!

This bloke you speak of, makes a joke of ageing footballers people everywhere.

Like a fine wine.........................I just hope he can make arrangements to play.

This bloke you speak of, makes a joke of ageing footballers people everywhere.

Like a fine wine.........................I just hope he can make arrangements to play.

I hear u have a young team too morro and his experience would b very handy indeed. He would also b good for anywhere between 60-100 goals for the season too. The guy can do almost anything. He would make flowers and every other forward in the comp blush that's for sure!

I hear u have a young team too morro and his experience would b very handy indeed. He would also b good for anywhere between 60-100 goals for the season too. The guy can do almost anything. He would make flowers and every other forward in the comp blush that's for sure!

Haha stop it Mighty :D

Yeah he would be great for us but I dont think its likely due to other commitments. Fingers crossed.

hey whats this I hear Muzza is at Calamvale?

Just from what I witnessed, didn't think they would be major improvers... Not saying they won't be hard to beat but not great improvers? You from Ipswich?

so Mighty, you were eaten alive by logan, and were less than impressive last week, how do you think you will go in two weeks time. What secrets do you have to reveal? Is it true your coach left two weeks ago, some of your boys were saying so.

any scores from other games?

Morro, we were blessed with his presence for a few weeks but unfortunatley ended up back at the Roo boys... We were very excited for a while.

So obviously you are from Ipswich if you were there... Yes, previous coach has takena national role with work so unfortunatley for us couldn't make a full time committment which is very comendable. We have since found a replacement. Nope no secrets, had a few out as everyone does this time of year... But please continue to keep implying that we will be terrible, I am happy for you to do that ;). As always we will see at about Rd 12 what's happening in this comp. Been the case for the last 7 years!!

Morro, we were blessed with his presence for a few weeks but unfortunatley ended up back at the Roo boys... We were very excited for a while.

So obviously you are from Ipswich if you were there... Yes, previous coach has takena national role with work so unfortunatley for us couldn't make a full time committment which is very comendable. We have since found a replacement. Nope no secrets, had a few out as everyone does this time of year... But please continue to keep implying that we will be terrible, I am happy for you to do that ;). As always we will see at about Rd 12 what's happening in this comp. Been the case for the last 7 years!!

So sad, so true.

We were talking last night about all the rumours floating around about our division, who are the big improvers, nambour will dominte again, Ipswich have 140 players blah blah blah, and we laughed that we dont even know how good we will be, let alone judging others from the outside looking in. Like you said, we wont know alot about our own list at this early stage, god only knows about everyone else.

ps. Cant say I am sorry Muzza left :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet you're not!! If his old man wasn't involved he would have been in!!

Out of all of it, I am happy for clubs to think that when they play us it will be an easy win..... ;)

Assjar, ive been told that aspley had more than 2-3 players out.

From all reports the aspley team played no where near as well as they would have liked and played a lot better the week prior v Yeronga with a similar side

Hilltop, I agree that the Aspley side may not of been at full strength but I would like to point out that that neither was our side Nambour. On the day the blues only had about 8 premiership players from last year playing and we also fielded about 5 or 6 raw 16-17 yr olds, and the rest were new blokes or ressie/squad players.

Overall I realise it was a practice game and all but we felt like we could take a few positives out of it. Disregarding how the opposition felt playing below their full potential (which we can do nothing about) we felt with the side we fielded we showed a few encouraging signs compared to the previous week. We also know we have alot of room for improvement in many areas also.

More importantly we feel the club/side is heading in the right direction with our 'brand' of footy, structures, player roles and sorting out positions etc that we want to be doing come the real stuff. :heart::footy:

not implying anything mate, just asking the question.

Haha stop it Mighty :D

Yeah he would be great for us but I dont think its likely due to other commitments. Fingers crossed.

hey whats this I hear Muzza is at Calamvale?
muzza trained there a couple of times purely because he was working in brisbane. he was never leaving the roos unless he had to train at robina twice a week every week. common sense says people r always goimg to have other comittments sometime. Personally im glad to have him back in blue and white. would have made a mess of a few teams back in that div if he played at calamvale thats for sure.

Hilltop, I agree that the Aspley side may not of been at full strength but I would like to point out that that neither was our side Nambour. On the day the blues only had about 8 premiership players from last year playing and we also fielded about 5 or 6 raw 16-17 yr olds, and the rest were new blokes or ressie/squad players.

Overall I realise it was a practice game and all but we felt like we could take a few positives out of it. Disregarding how the opposition felt playing below their full potential (which we can do nothing about) we felt with the side we fielded we showed a few encouraging signs compared to the previous week. We also know we have alot of room for improvement in many areas also.

More importantly we feel the club/side is heading in the right direction with our 'brand' of footy, structures, player roles and sorting out positions etc that we want to be doing come the real stuff. :heart::footy:
Aspley had about 8 of the usual starting side out. Not sure from where on the ground they were missing? Nothing to be taken away from Nambour though. Their midfield were the better on the day and will probably be impressive on any day if they can match that intensity level. A 'gun' performance by all reports.

So what happened this weekend? Any results? Im guessing not 1 team got any real value out of playing in this s**t weather!! Bring on round 1 and lets hope for fine weather.

Rd 1 is finally upon us!

Looking forward to travelling to the Snake Pit. As always and very tough ask coming up against last years grand finalists who no doubt will be looking to go one better this year.

What I am looking forward to - A good game with the hard work over the off season from the UQ boys coming to fruition. Also looking forward to a game without the ugly scenes that marred the game last year.

A lot of support will be coming down for UQ 3rds and 4ths with the senior boys recieving a boy with the unfortunate demise of the Caloundra Panthers during the off-season.

Best of luck to the Cobras. And to my mate Aeroboy who has had an awful run of injuries but looks to be back! As long as I don't have to be the one to drives you to the Wesley :p

So what happened this weekend? Any results? Im guessing not 1 team got any real value out of playing in this s**t weather!! Bring on round 1 and lets hope for fine weather.

We had a hit out against a very young carrara side on Saturday. We played mostly our ressies side plus a couple of new blokes and 2 senior guys wanting the extra run.

I didnt even know carrara had a team until then??? They are playing div 4 apparently. Great bunch of kids with some pretty handy players I might add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back