2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A nice rant from Facebook. Also add in that we are supposedly having a 2 day turnaround between Central Coast this week and playing Bentleigh on Tuesday.

So the FFA won't let Perth host the Cup final due to the 3 hour time difference, even though, some may argue, we MAY earn the right to do so... There has been reports of the FFA straight up denying us of the chance before a semi-final has even been played....

Perth Glory are struggling in one of the most competitive sporting markets in Australia.... We are battling with 2 AFL teams, a super rugby team, a very succesfull basketball team, a cricket team that has just one the one-day final and a semi decent following of NRL fans and various other sports, all with a total population of 1.6 million........there is only so much cash to go around.

Now, we have a chance to crack the market wide open and put football back in the faces of Joe Public by hosting a Cup Final and the FFA wont let us host the final cos its not in the best interests of the game? It has never been more in the interests of the game than to give Perth a final and a kick in the arse at the same time to get the football rolling in WA as it used to.

Its clear the FFA doesn't give a * about WA football, straight up denying us a chance to host a cup final, consistent poor Perth Glory fixtures, promising WA a Socceroo's game then backflipping, endless battles by Perth Glory and Football West to get on a level playing field to their eastern states counterparts on so many levels, a full lack of respect shown by FFA officials towards WA football at fan forums, an overwhelming feeling that we are being treated like second hand citizens and that the FFA want WA to fail.

Many people in football in WA don't support Australian Football because, put simply, Australian football doesn't support them!

Love from whinging Perth fans everywhere!

I never thought I would hope for a side I support to rest top players for a match, but I will not lose one second of sleep if we go into the Gosford match severely undermanned due to the more important FFA match two nights later.

They want to give Bentleigh a better chance as well as TV, hence the two day break. We have a great chance of finally winning a regular season game in Gosford this weekend. They're in awful form and only really have Duke as an option to score at the moment. Normally we'd go over east, play a team back in to form and generally be awful. We have to change this mindset. Surely even our second XI would do enough to beat an out of season VPL side.

Pretty good first half. Cracking free kick from Nebo. Nichols has been pretty good compared to the last couple of weeks but Hersi is having a shocker.

I don't think Central Coast have been as good as Harper was banging on about. Sure they had a couple of good opportunities but so have we and IMO we have been getting into better areas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oxborrow? Since when did we sign him for the seniors?
B2JJIUvCEAAAKNz.jpg

I always thought Ferreira was a cm?

Anyway, what a stunning free kick from Marinkovic!
Played RB as well.
Nebo is an interesting one, amazing free kick taker, but other than that what does he provide? I reckon we can find someone better out there come next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back