Other 2014 - American Football Gambling

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year I did a few over/under total win multi bets but it seems this has been removed this year (on sportsbet at least) - pretty annoying but I guess they figured out having 200'000:1 odds probably wasn't good business. Anyone know any other companies that take over/under multis?

I am far from an expert, but I would imagine that those results affect each other, so multis wouldn't be allowed

ie if Broncos win 12 games then there is a greater chance that Raiders will win less than 5.

Was definitely able to put them on last year though.

Got my Multi's ready for week 1 a couple weeks ago whilst the odds are still a little high.

Geelong over Carlton (AFL, Geelong won)
Pittsburgh over Cleveland
Washington over Houston
Chicago over Buffalo
San Francisco over Dallas
Cincinnati over Baltimore
Kansas City over Tennessee
Detroit over New York Giants
Minnesota over St Louis
New Orleans over Atlanta
218.71 - 1 ($10 Bet to collect $2,187.10)

I dont think I get these same odds now that little Sam has gone down for the Rams and the way the Falcons have been going.

Another small Multi as well:

Pittsburgh over Cleveland
Green Bay over Seattle
Oakland over New York Jets
Washington over Houston
Philadelphia over Jacksonville
Chicago over Buffalo
Cincinnati over Baltimore

88.78 - 1 ($10 Bet to collect $887.80)

Is there a $10 challenge up and running for this season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, that was a good idea. Maybe you should explain it to the uninitiated.
I meant the "$10 bet with an agency and roll your winnings over each week and see who ends up with the most" challenge of previous seasons.

Anyway, I dropped $10 on an all Pennsylvania win weekend with the Eagles into the Steelers. $10 bet to collect $16.08 at Sportingbet. Will wait for GG to confirm no thread exists and I'll start one.

Demonic Ascent I believe Palmerbet allows those multis.

Just went to put these on now and the stupid website won't allow season bets included in multi's! Wish they would have made this more obvious before I signed up and deposited money there, it let me put it through then when I went to check pending bets it said it was rejected.

OK have put a few multis on for week 1;

1) Seattle, Hawthorn, Sydney, North, Port, Jets, Saints, Pats, Steelers, Eagles, Bears, 49ers & Lions - $5 to win $501

2) Packers +6, Jets, Bears -7, Steelers, Texans, Saints, Eagles, Pats, 49ers, Broncos, Lions, Chargers +3.5 - $3 to win $430

3) Seattle, Saints, Steelers, Eagles, Jets, Bears, Pats, Chiefs, Bengals, Texans, Panthers, 49ers, Broncos, Lions, Chargers - $2 to win $1380

Most of them end up having the same legs as I always start out with a few and then add in some that I think are "certainties" to bump up the odds, one or two of which always seem to cost me - I never learn but it's all part of the fun and just a few dollars to chuck around to make it interesting. Usually I limit myself to $5 a week but week 1 I'll chuck on a couple extra.

What are your favourite over unders? New Orleans looks like the best surely. I can't see how they finish anything worse than 10-6.

Yeah in my failed multi I had Saints over but they'd bumped up to 10.5 - I also liked Pats, Broncos, Indy & Eagles over and Bills, Browns & Texans under.

Anything more than a two leg multi is a waste of money, especially in NFL. May as well play two-up.

For the most part I agree but I've won a few over the last couple of years (mostly AFL but one NFL as well). It's just a few bucks and a bit of fun. So many times (mainly AFL) I've missed out on the last leg missing out on $500-600 return - the worst was 2 years ago I was down to the last leg I needed Collingwood to beat Melbourne by over 45 on Queens Bday to win $650. Collingwood was up by 47 points in the last minute - Same Blease gets the footy at half forward kicks a goal from the boundary with about 30 seconds left cost me $650!

For the most part I agree but I've won a few over the last couple of years (mostly AFL but one NFL as well). It's just a few bucks and a bit of fun. So many times (mainly AFL) I've missed out on the last leg missing out on $500-600 return - the worst was 2 years ago I was down to the last leg I needed Collingwood to beat Melbourne by over 45 on Queens Bday to win $650. Collingwood was up by 47 points in the last minute - Same Blease gets the footy at half forward kicks a goal from the boundary with about 30 seconds left cost me $650!

You should've have hedged!! You know e.g $200 on under 45, would've guaranteed yourself a win.

You should've have hedged!! You know e.g $200 on under 45, would've guaranteed yourself a win.

Yeah I know - I did something think it was only $50 return or something though - I was pretty confident Melbourne would lose by much more than 40 odd points, this was under Neeld and Collingwood had played in consecutive GF's.

Yeah I know - I did something think it was only $50 return or something though - I was pretty confident Melbourne would lose by much more than 40 odd points, this was under Neeld and Collingwood had played in consecutive GF's.

To quote the great man......

upload_2014-9-4_22-36-55.jpeg

"That is why you fail"

Listen to TGBB young man. Two very good lessons learnt and at no cost. 1) never bet more than 2-leg multi 2) always, always take the guaranteed money.

I leave you with another quote from the great man...."Luminous beings are we…not this crude matter".......yeah not sure to be honest, but this was written from the guy who created Jar Jar Binks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back