Pick 4: Brisbane Lions
Pick 5: Western Bulldogs
Pick 6: Carlton
Pick 7:
Gold Coast
Pick 8: Collingwood
Pick 9: Adelaide
Pick 10: West Coast

Melbourne has pick two but could also gain pick three as compensation should free agent James Frawley leave the club.

What are Angus Brayshaw's draft stocks currently like? Could he be someone we look at with pick 6-7?

What are Angus Brayshaw's draft stocks currently like? Could he be someone we look at with pick 6-7?

Very much so. He along with Durdin could slide a little, and guys like Laverde, Ahern and even Lever could find themselves inside the top 5.
It really is a very even draft this year.

Very much so. He along with Durdin could slide a little, and guys like Laverde, Ahern and even Lever could find themselves inside the top 5.
It really is a very even draft this year.

I hear a lot that this years draft is even, but what is the quality like ??? Is the top 5 stronger or weaker than in previous drafts ??? Are there lots of B-class players or are they all elite ???

I hear a lot that this years draft is even, but what is the quality like ??? Is the top 5 stronger or weaker than in previous drafts ??? Are there lots of B-class players or are they all elite ???

IMO, there will be a hell of alot of very solid AFL footballers in this years draft. Aside from McCartin, Wright and Petracca who I think will be elite, you could almost say the next 15-20 names called out could be very very solid.

Decided to look into our recent middle round picks (2nd Rounders)...

2013 -
#39. Cameron Giles

2012 -
#35. Tom Temay

2011 -
#22. Josh Bootsma (Effectively a 2nd Rounder)
#44. Sam Rowe

2010 -
#34. Patrick McCarthy
#42. Luke Mitchell

2009 -
#43. Marcus Davies

2008 -
#40. Mitch Robinson

2007 -
#36. Steven Browne

2006 -
#20. Shaun Grigg
#35. Mark Austin

2005 -
#20. Paul Bower
#36. Jake Edwards

That is one s**t drafting history. You could be a case forward we only really got two right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

..............Scharenberg says yes.

To be fair, Collingwood knew of his feet/ankle issues pre-draft so they only have themselves to blame.

Wasn't Wingard pick 6 too? Or was that pick 5?

wasn't there a rumour that wingard wanted to play footy for only a couple of years then try his hand at basketball, if that is the case is he considered a draft failure?

I'm starting to think this is a good year to get lots of mid range picks

If it is a even draft

Someone said it's a draft where clubs rate the same player very differently and so a club could get a hard on with who they get at pick 40

Maybe a good idea then to lose a
Lot of Warnock, Robbo, Jeff, Lucas, Levi etc and get a big haul in the 25-45 range ??

Could be a way to really turn over the list in one year, refresh the list, change the culture

I say this having not read many expert views on the draft other than the one above who said it is a even draft which to me means having lots of picks isn't necessarily a bad thing

Decided to look into our recent middle round picks (2nd Rounders)...

2013 -
#39. Cameron Giles

2012 -
#35. Tom Temay

2011 -
#22. Josh Bootsma (Effectively a 2nd Rounder)
#44. Sam Rowe

2010 -
#34. Patrick McCarthy
#42. Luke Mitchell

2009 -
#43. Marcus Davies

2008 -
#40. Mitch Robinson

2007 -
#36. Steven Browne

2006 -
#20. Shaun Grigg
#35. Mark Austin

2005 -
#20. Paul Bower
#36. Jake Edwards

That is one s**t drafting history. You could be a case forward we only really got two right.

I actually shuddered reading that....

To be fair, Collingwood knew of his feet/ankle issues pre-draft so they only have themselves to blame.

Wasn't Wingard pick 6 too? Or was that pick 5?

Scharenberg may still come good. Remember the issues Cotchin had in his first 2 or 3 seasons? Everyone called Kreuzer the undisputed winner of that draft. How times have changed since.

I'm not labelling him a bust by the way. Can't be a bust if Oues knew of issues before they drafted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back