Opinion 2014 Draft ( Live discussion ) Mod notice post #6629

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why people have said Durdin will take many years to develop when he is obviously playing comfortably at senior level now in the SANFL where someone like McCartin and Wright are playing against kids.

he's 4cm shorter than boomer, remember tho boomer has elite pace whereas Daniels isn't slow but can't be considered as fast.

The best parallel I can draw is to Ben Kennedy who is 7cm taller.
both would have gone in the top 5 if they were 185cm

Dont believe the listed heights.....

Most are crap

Dont believe the listed heights.....

Most are crap

I figured there all listed taller, I was always under the impression that Daniels was 162cm but now all of a sudden he's grown 6cm, which I have no doubt is possible at that age but it just sounds fishy.

Also Judd being listed at 189cm but i have photographic proof that he's my height and I size up at 182cm

With Geelong going out in straight sets, that GC compo currently sitting at pick 14 now looks a good get.

Somehow we need to give them pick 6 and change to get pick 7 and 14 from them.

So many good kids in this draft and adding 3-4 inside the top 30 would be a great result.

The problem is the GCS finished out of the 8. If there was a couple of spots between us (#6) and them (Say #10) the trade would have been A LOT easier.

Jake Neade at 170cm is playing in the prelim tonight.

If your talent is there, height is no barrier.

I'd be happy if we draft Daniel using one of the 3rd rounders we get for Robinson/Lucas/Garlett/White/Warnock/Watson.

Agree with you, but at that height you need to have something elite about you. Neade has serious speed. What elite skill does Caleb have? I like him, but I can only see him being a late pick or early rookie pick.

The problem is the GCS finished out of the 8. If there was a couple of spots between us (#6) and them (Say #10) the trade would have been A LOT easier.

I asked the question on there board what it would take to get are hands on there first rounder and I was promptly ignored.

they are all keen on durdin, pick 6 could be enough but if we gave pick pick 6 to Sydney they would steal him from under there noses.
so there still is merit in it for them

he's 4cm shorter than boomer, remember tho boomer has elite pace whereas Daniels isn't slow but can't be considered as fast.

The best parallel I can draw is to Ben Kennedy who is 7cm taller.
both would have gone in the top 5 if they were 185cm

If he is still there with our 4th pick I wouldn't be disappointed, the TAC is full of smallish players who dominated yet never made it at AFL level, Fort Caruso, Iacabucci and even Rodan to an extent even though he had a reasonable career.

I asked the question on there board what it would take to get are hands on there first rounder and I was promptly ignored.

they are all keen on durdin, pick 6 could be enough but if we gave pick pick 6 to Sydney they would steal him from under there noses.
so there still is merit in it for them

If we were going #6 for #7 and #14 then we would have to throw in our 2nd rd selection too (So #6 and #26ish for #7 and #14). Problem is that the draft is so even that the jump of 1 spot wouldn't be worth a 12 spot downgrade on the second selection.

Last edited:
If we were going #6 for #7 and #4 then we would have to throw in our 2nd rd selection too (So #6 and #26ish for #7 and #14). Problem is that the draft is so even that the jump of 1 spot wouldn't be worth a 12 spot downgrade on the second selection.
Agree the difference between 6 and 7 is irrelevant as you are fairly likely to still end up with your first choice player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I figured there all listed taller, I was always under the impression that Daniels was 162cm but now all of a sudden he's grown 6cm, which I have no doubt is possible at that age but it just sounds fishy.

Also Judd being listed at 189cm but i have photographic proof that he's my height and I size up at 182cm

That's because he's lost his hair. Give the champ a break :p

There is no way Judd is 182 cms.

Not a bad game of football but Calder started behind the eight ball with Wright and Cavka not playing.

Most of the potential draftees showed quite a bit this week. but really liked the games of McLean and Ahern in particular, with De Goey and Touk Miller not too far behind.

Just seems to me that there may be some good footballers even in the 40's this year. These kids can play.

Not a bad game of football but Calder started behind the eight ball with Wright and Cavka not playing.

Most of the potential draftees showed quite a bit this week. but really liked the games of McLean and Ahern in particular, with De Goey and Touk Miller not too far behind.

Just seems to me that there may be some good footballers even in the 40's this year. These kids can play.
Agree. Which is why I believe we should trade Robbo, Lucas, Jeffy etc for picks and not fringe players who are no good. Another couple of Nickey Grahams would be ok.

Agree. Which is why I believe we should trade Robbo, Lucas, Jeffy etc for picks and not fringe players who are no good. Another couple of Nickey Grahams would be ok.

Many of these kids are a little quicker than Graham.

One that doesn't get spoken about a lot but knows his way around the ground is Urban.
Hasn't put a bad game in, through these finals.

I still want Maynard though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back