Opinion 2014 Draft ( Live discussion ) Mod notice post #6629

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menadue seems like the type Hawthorn would draft. Good endurance and speed. Breaks the lines. Great skills (from what I have seen). Sure, he's a bit under developed in terms of his frame, but not everyone is drafted like Ollie Wines.

On nothing more than type I actually like who Knightmare has coming to us in Ellis and Neal Bullen...normally he has us taking ultimate project players or state league plodders.

Menadue on paper fits the bill and I'd be fine if we picked him up, but I would urge patients with him, not gonna be playing round one.

Could really see us getting Cockatoo @ 19 and Menadue @ 28. Would love it if it panned out this way. It would really go a long way to setting us up for the future !!!
I'd love Menadue to last until 28 but I can see him being long gone.

Declan Hamilton great outside player, clean hands, good tank, explosive. if he doesn't get picked up in the 30's it would be a bargain at our 61 pick.

would love one of Menadue, Garlett, Cockatoo, Duggan, Ellis at our pick 19..... My pick . Cockatoo

We do seem destined for a Jet, don't we?

Too early of course but whichever way, I just can't seem to see us taking a Lamb or Vickers-Willis at our #19 should they be there.

Dick really emerged in the second half of this year in the seconds, developing into a nice half back who can gather the pill. Not the worst pick if Rogers sees something in him.
Great, a return to half back flank heaven. Hopefully we just take the one and not stock our list up with them. Highlights does seem to show the kid has some toe. Nothing too outstandish outside of that, but our list is most certainly lacking in outside run depth. Really only seems to be Armfield who isnt starting 22 but has dash. I suppose we see Dick filling that need with Tutt giving us a small forward option and we can go to the draft satisying 2 needs and looking at best available speedster/mid. Key position stocks are where they need to be and Rogers has already stated speedy mid is what we are after (short of any unexpected slider). Fingers crossed for another Menzel situation!

Menadue seems like the type Hawthorn would draft. Good endurance and speed. Breaks the lines. Great skills (from what I have seen). Sure, he's a bit under developed in terms of his frame, but not everyone is drafted like Ollie Wines.
I agree and exactly why we should be into him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to remember the words of Rogers when it comes to this and subsequent drafts: "We'll select the best player.........for Carlton"

Granted that one can argue that there may have been a mis-step with Temay in 2012 but one is entitled to ask how that may have come about.

Anyway, think best player for Carlton and you may be closer to what we have in mind.

Was just about to ask Harks, does anyone know anything about Menadue in terms of leadership potential? Off field stuff? Is there anything to suggest he doesn't fit our criteria?

Dick only outside chance for pick up. Needs to really impress MM to get a decent shot

Matthew Dick

Delisted from: Sydney

The soon-to-be 20-year-old could be in line for a birthday present this week, with Carlton understood to be keen on him. The Blues have already done major work on their list and it's believed they are after one more player to add to their list before the draft. Dick, a 187cm defender, wasn't able to break into the Swans strong backline, although there would be greater opportunities to cement a spot at Carlton, with the Blues yet to find a settled defensive unit.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ts-hoping-for-another-go-20141026-11c58c.html

Was just about to ask Harks, does anyone know anything about Menadue in terms of leadership potential? Off field stuff? Is there anything to suggest he doesn't fit our criteria?

I have no idea but I do know that you'll never have 44 leaders on you list.

There has to be the right spread to give things a chance to work.
Not sure what the basic formula may be but I do believe we're building from the bottom up and we now have many quality 19-21 year olds capable of addressing those needs.

The phallic references clearly didn't go down well, guys.
Best leave that kind of thing to the commentators on the telly and the flogs on the Footy Show! :D

I'm feeling confident that at pick 19 we will walk away with a player equally as good as the player that goes at 7 that fits our needs and is best available at the time. It makes the trade with GWS look even tastier IMO thinking that it could effectively be Jaksch, Whiley, Menadue (or similar) for Duggan/Pickett.

If we are seriously picking up Dick and Tutt, I don't see the need for two outside pacy types at our first picks.

A chance Blakely may fall to 19, a complete mid who is no slouch athletically would be hard to pass up.
The "consensus" options Cockatoo, Menedue, Ellis & co are all good options. I see more upside to Cockatoo, based
on body type, combine testing, AIS status and his limited highlights package.

With our clear frustration at being "trumped" for Boyd by the 'dogs, our long term blueprint has taken a whack.
Could we then revisit the KPP pool. Possibilities at 19 or 28 surely include poor man's Boyd in McKenzie, Jammo
"replacement" in McDonald or the consummate underage swingman in Keitel.

Surely if we are taking the plunge with Dick, we would relish a utensil (a) too:D.......oh Tutt, tutt, tutt...............

Corey Ellis has a Dyson Heppel style/look about him. Would also be happy with a combination of Menadue and Ellis

If we are seriously picking up Dick and Tutt, I don't see the need for two outside pacy types at our first picks.

A chance Blakely may fall to 19, a complete mid who is no slouch athletically would be hard to pass up.
The "consensus" options Cockatoo, Menedue, Ellis & co are all good options. I see more upside to Cockatoo, based
on body type, combine testing, AIS status and his limited highlights package.

With our clear frustration at being "trumped" for Boyd by the 'dogs, our long term blueprint has taken a whack.
Could we then revisit the KPP pool. Possibilities at 19 or 28 surely include poor man's Boyd in McKenzie, Jammo
"replacement" in McDonald or the consummate underage swingman in Keitel.

Surely if we are taking the plunge with Dick, we would relish a utensil (a) too:D.......oh Tutt, tutt, tutt...............
Harvey Keitel is definitely on my pick list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back