Opinion 2014 Draft ( Live discussion ) Mod notice post #6629

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek Hine has picked up duds for Pies last few seasons in Jordan Russell, Tony Armstrong & Quinten Lynch did nothing at Pies whilst their plus Jesse White even though cheap price been very poor

Hines has has a lot of misses and of resigns not confident if he comes to us. Darcy Moore will be good, pick 5 big pressure on Hines

What the heck does that first sentence of the second paragraph actually mean??? With all respects gillo, proof read your posts. Not sure if its a language thing (broken english maybe) or something else, but I find myself rolling over your posts when they present like this one. Just saying!

What the heck does that first sentence of the second paragraph actually mean??? With all respects gillo, proof read your posts. Not sure if its a language thing (broken english maybe) or something else, but I find myself rolling over your posts when they present like this one. Just saying!

has had^

Would Essendon let Wright slide? He'd replace Ryder. It'dbe perfect for them.

Reckon Adelaide could probably use him too! Doubt the scum let him past either. When the Saints recruiter was on SEN about a month ago he said the #1 conversation was about 4 players in his eyes and Wright was one of them. The other 3 were obvious. Hard to see him fall to us. If clubs will take a punt on a KPP who has been out all season they'll take a punt on Wright IMHO. Stash him and get him fit.

They would def consider him for a long time, Ryder big loss but acquisition of Giles and Wright would ease the departure of Ryder as I do rate Giles highly and I think Bellchambers, Giles, Daniher and Wright would make a decent combo but wouldn't expect Wright to see any real action in any team until 2nd year. From what I hear might pass but have to see what options they have at 17

I'd hope we'd ignore if Weller or Cockatoo is still there, big fan of both.

Id go with Weller, classy mid and can't ignore if there at 19. Cockatoo been injured for almost 2 years and played one good game but exciting but again good problem to have if both available at 19

Yep, having the supporters believe the club had a successful draft is vital to building hope and optimism to drive membership sales over the summer.

I highly doubt this is the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regardless of who, it sounds like we will get a player of pretty similar value to pick 7 which makes the trade likely to be a big win, possibly better than doc for 33. Shaping up as 2 very good off-seasons.

Very excited to see who we get with both 19 and 28

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lonie is a Blues supporter, I believe but traditionally pure smalls don't go top 30 and often drift to late-rookie. I can see us picking up Ahmed Saad or Lonie with our first in the rookie draft if not at 65. McLean (dont quote me) has slightly more midfield potential... so less one dimensional.

Could see the following occuring:

19. Weller
28. D McKenzie
61. Lonie/Boekhorst
65. Wilkinson

Have re-jigged my Top 20 and will edit initial post in that thread... but knowing me it'll change in 20 mins.
if we are going to take a small fwd with pick 61, it should be DeLuca

You're not seriously suggesting the club would leak a name before the draft just to appease supporters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No more likely crippas dad or brother might have got slightly excited and told a few too many people that we were going to take him and then the rumour mill gets hold of it.

Cal Twomey on AFL.com.au mentioned in his podcast (apparently) that we like Viojo-Rainbow @ 28 too. He's also the one that reported Boekhorst so it's pretty obvious we're not picking Boekhorst as a certainty.

Really like Viojo-Rainbow. Great interview on the AFL website - has a great attitude and is very professional off field. Great kick. Would be pretty stoked if we got him @ 28.

Bret Anderson is the one who is hot on us getting Boekhurst at 28.

Now we have Twomey mentioning Wigg and Rainbow at 28.

The only whisper i've heard for 19 is Marchbank, who i recall Anderson whispered we liked when we still had 7....and 3 whispers, Boekhurst, Wigg and Rainbow for 28.

Can you remember who it was who first got the Cripps mail last year?...was it Cal, Bret , Emma or The Hun Crew?

Bret Anderson is the one who is hot on us getting Boekhurst at 28.

Now we have Twomey mentioning Wigg and Rainbow at 28.

The only whisper i've heard for 19 is Marchbank, who i recall Anderson whispered we liked when we still had 7....and 3 whispers, Boekhurst, Wigg and Rainbow for 28.

Can you remember who it was who first got the Cripps mail last year?...was it Cal, Bret , Emma or The Hun Crew?

I'm pretty sure it was Cal or Brett.

Cal also wrote an article this morning saying we may look @ Boekhorst @ 28. So he has us interested in DVR, Wigg and Boekhorst @ 28.

I'm pretty sure it was Cal or Brett.

Cal also wrote an article this morning saying we may look @ Boekhorst @ 28. So he has us interested in DVR, Wigg and Boekhorst @ 28.

Yeah, Cal is just relaying the Anderson whisper which goes back a couple weeks to Anderson's InsideFooty Phantom. It has grown legs since. Anderson is still pretty hot on it too as of last night.

But in his podcast today Cal Twomey was warming more to Boekhorst being a "possible" chance at Collingwoods Pick 48.

He threw up Wigg and Rainbow for us at 28. And D.McKenzie and Touk Miller at Pies Pick 30.

Yeah, Cal is just relaying the Anderson whisper which goes back a couple weeks to Anderson's InsideFooty Phantom. It has grown legs since. Anderson is still pretty hot on it too as of last night.

But in his podcast today Cal Twomey was warming more to Boekhorst being a "possible" chance at Collingwoods Pick 48.

He threw up Wigg and Rainbow for us at 28. And D.McKenzie and Touk Miller at Pies Pick 30.
Cal's article said Carlton & Collingwood both re-tested Boekhorst this week.

I can comfortably say that I have not met with the potential draftees over 170 times, nor watched countless U18 games (none in fact) so based on my completely uneducated opinion, if Boekhorst is seen to give our team the best value/outcome at 28, then I'll sleep okay at night.
Slack effort mate.

Did this get a mention -

At the same time he is saying Weller may be gone at pick 5...

...but I guess that goes to show how open this draft will be.

Haven't seen much of Boekhorst being in Vic. Seen most of the others. Toby Mclean kicks better on his left foot than Boekhurst does on his right, he will be a far better player. That's just my opinion though which counts for diddly squat.

Right.

I guess I'll never fully understand how some people can form such strong opinions about potential draftees on the back of what they've seen in very limited highlights packages uploaded to Youtube.

To then be critical of recruiting staff who watch these players for a living and have viewed thousands of hours of footage across a number of years because they don't see it the same way as some amateur BigFooty posters who post their mock drafts is just absurd.

Id go with Weller, classy mid and can't ignore if there at 19. Cockatoo been injured for almost 2 years and played one good game but exciting but again good problem to have if both available at 19
It would be nice to see these kids live and make my own calls, but not a lot of access on the Gold Coast other than on these type of forums.
Wh
They would def consider him for a long time, Ryder big loss but acquisition of Giles and Wright would ease the departure of Ryder as I do rate Giles highly and I think Bellchambers, Giles, Daniher and Wright would make a decent combo but wouldn't expect Wright to see any real action in any team until 2nd year. From what I hear might pass but have to see what options they have at 17
Love your insight, but it would be wild checking your grammar during schoolies!

It would be nice to see these kids live and make my own calls, but not a lot of access on the Gold Coast other than on these type of forums.
Wh

Love your insight, but it would be wild checking your grammar during schoolies!

Over next few days trust me guna be no clearer til say 48 hrs prior to draft to get clear idea, I will try do a mock draft again soon during skoolies lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back