Marns

Back from the dead
Sep 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
The draft will be held on June 27-28 in Philadelphia.

Unlike next year, there will be no consensus #1 overall pick. Possibilities include Sam 'Chin up' Bennett, Aaron Ekblad, Sam Reinhart, Kasperi Kapanen and William Nylander.

They are definitely in the most interesting position in the draft at #3.

Trade up and insure they get Ekblad, stay put and hope the two teams above them pick the two Sams or trade down and acquire a decent d-man.

I think draistal is the best fwd in the draft personally. Great size. Great goal scorer. I think will be better than rinehart, but rinehart is the safer player to pick. I think draistal will be in alberta one way or another

They are definitely in the most interesting position in the draft at #3.

Trade up and insure they get Ekblad, stay put and hope the two teams above them pick the two Sams or trade down and acquire a decent d-man.

Ekblad would be nice, but the Oilers need more centres too. Depth up the middle is shithouse.

A little shout out to a young Genève-Servette kid Noah Rod, who I hope gets drafted but remains playing with us until NHL-ready.

"THW NHL Draft guru calls 2014 Swiss draft prospect Noah Rod a hybrid of Brendan Gallagher, Chris Kelly and Chris Kunitz. (Ed Mulholland-USA TODAY Sports)"

Played in the senior team at 16. Really matured by the play-offs, with 4 points in 12 games and the clutch shootout winner to win the quarter-finals (yes, unfortunately we still have shootouts in play-offs).

Can play wing or centre (decent at face-offs) and won't be a huge scorer but provides great forechecking. Would love to see him make the NHL and then succeed (but give us a few more years of him first :D )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the Sharks pick.

You picked up the Genève kid Noah Rod whom I posted about above. I hope he develops into what I think he can be.

Below is him taking the final penalty shot to win the first round of play-offs. Love the shimmy!

Shoot-outs in playoffs? :eek: :thumbsdown:

Bad enough in regular season NHL games...

I agree, it's not great. At least there is a full 20 minute OT period in play-offs, but only one. They are considering bringing in limitless OT for play-offs, partially motivated by the final championship match (a clean sweep) being decided in a shootout, and everyone thought it was fairly anti-climatic.

At least the shootouts are best of 5, not best of 3, which I think is better.

And anyway, I was going off my nut when he slotted that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back