FTA-TV 2015 master class: What we learnt from football commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

we learned that muting your TV helps you follow the game closer as you are not distracted by half a dozen apes yelling

In 2015 I had it confirmed that Luke Darcy know SFA about footy. He looks authorative but if you actually listen to what he says it's drivel, no it's worse than that, utter and complete drivel.

As for Brian Taylor, well he's just a buffoon. It'd a sad indictment on society that he is so popular. I always mute Channel 7, commentary detracts so much from the actual game.

Brereton - the guys a tosser, I just want to set light to his hair!

Trade radio was the big winner in lack of quality stakes this year. That those guys actually knew so little about how trading and drafting actually works was staggering!

So sad but only a handful of commentators add to the watching experience.

I learnt that the channel 7 commentary team are just super and I feel like I'm part of a big happy family when I watch the footy live and free on 7 and I didn't even want to watch the footy anyway or hear proper analysis cause it's fun when they jokingly mock each other instead of commentate the game cause it's like brothers and sisters do right??? HAHA! and I feel like I'm part of that family, where the footy is live and free and everyone's smiling and really genuine too and I just want to show my love and appreciation by watching more channel 7 shows like winners and losers and Sunrise and Deal or no deal and then tweet about them and hopefully Darce reads out my tweet cause he's just such a handsome chap I can see why they hired him! The ability to communicate the flow of a game of Aussie rules footy and convey passion and emotion when the theatre of the game demands it is not required when you can have perfect teeth like Darce! Love you, Darce! Love you 7!! #liveandfree
Xoxoxoxoxoxokillmexoxoxoxox

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we also learnt that:

if a trailing team can string a few goals together, they could in a position to win the match.
Even when they are 14 goals down, Dwayne Russell will always give them a chance to get back into the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back