What's up with Kelli Underwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

joe444

Club Legend
Jul 9, 2006
Franga
AFL Club
Geelong
Disclaimer: I'm a massive fan of hers. No whinging about nasality, femininity here, etc. At her best, she's an A+ caller in my books.

But what the frick is going on with her calling right now? She's getting almost every fourth player's name wrong. She's getting the basics wrong.

When you watch games synched up with her call, it's embarrassing right now.

So as someone as a fan recently you would say she's not as good as she used to be?
I can't say I've followed her career overall.
She certainly does get names wrong and even forgets teams.

Do we rate her more harshly because she's female?

Well, of course, we can never go into THAT territory about gender. \

I'm talking as a fan here. I liked her calling when she was FINALLY given a chance in 2008. Her "how sweet is redemption" call was brilliant.

I've rarely seen, though, a caller deteriorate like this.

The deterioration across the Foxfooty commentators can be directly attributed to them calling off TVs and not being at the ground.

At the ground, commentators often use binoculars to follow the play - some have them mounted on a monopod like a race caller.

Taking away the ability of commentators to focus anywhere at any time has stuffed their calls.

Yes, I agree. You can tell when they are calling "off the screen".

treeman I get the wariness about gender. What's happening here is (I hope) about eyesight. It was ridiculous on Friday night.

The deterioration across the Foxfooty commentators can be directly attributed to them calling off TVs and not being at the ground.

At the ground, commentators often use binoculars to follow the play - some have them mounted on a monopod like a race caller.

Taking away the ability of commentators to focus anywhere at any time has stuffed their calls.
Like 'real' callers you mean?

Zac Bailey's goal of the round nomination was ruined by her commentary last weekend

“Cuts through, and he slices it through does he Zac Bailey

Just called Ben Keays 'Kelly', as in... Jake? Or did she confuse Keays with... herself?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She is commentating as well as Harry McKay has been kicking.

I thought the football world got rid of her after her infamous ch10 stint but she's really doubled down in recent years and is everywhere unfortunately. Does a fair few Sydney games which is rather pesky.

Tom (not sure who, maybe Jonas?) commented how Liam Ryan was patrolling the Fremantle back line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back